Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

   

11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:18 am

forgot to say: Target.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 47577
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby standard_and_poor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:20 am

hi cobra, here's the current roadmap for anybody interested:
http://standardpoor.wordpress.com/
standard_and_poor
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby ib612 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:22 am

now that MA resistance has been broken, are we looking at 7 day rule before more down?
ib612
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:10 am

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Seawaves » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:22 am

GM, Cobra
One first grade question, how do ppl post picture here? Has to upload it to somewhere else first?
User avatar
Seawaves
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Me XMan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:23 am

So buy on the dip?

Cobra wrote:forgot to say: Target.
User avatar
Me XMan
 
Posts: 2014
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby uempel » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:24 am

Update:
ee.png
uempel
 
Posts: 8685
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:38 am

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:27 am

Seawaves wrote:GM, Cobra
One first grade question, how do ppl post picture here? Has to upload it to somewhere else first?


Check Getting Started. basically, use the "Upload attachment".

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 47577
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby PLUNGE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:29 am

Mr. BachNut wrote:Market neutral.
Had a pilot short yesterday that was stopped out during yesterday's closing spike for small profit.
In spite of gain, technicals still look weak. Looking to re-establish short at higher prices.
Mechanical model is in sell mode.

Today is interesting for Tom DeMark followers. I believe a TD Sequential Setup buy signal will trigger today with an SPX close <1188.04. Above that, the setup is nullified, which I guess would keep followers of this signal on the sidelines.


Thanks for this observation! Here's my DeMark count:
sc3.png



And his rules for a TD:
"If before price bar 9 is reached a price bar fails to close below that of four bars previously then the Setup is abandoned and the numbers are automatically deleted. Once nine consecutive price bars have been completed the trader will be looking for a "perfected" Setup; one that is now valid for trading. Buy Setup perfected when the low of either price bar 8 or 9 is less than the lows of both price bars 6 and 7."

But I'm a novice at DeMark, so not being critical :D
User avatar
PLUNGE
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:29 am

Me XMan wrote:So buy on the dip?

Cobra wrote:forgot to say: Target.


this kind of push up should be 3 legged. the very first pullback should be a buy.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 47577
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby soku » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:29 am

i spent some time looking around. now the wave guys are in doubt again. are we really in 3 of 3 of 3?
here is a typical one.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w9bY1RA3lsc/T ... weekly.png

i am not a wave trader. my main source of signal comes from volatility. my perfect scenario is dip to 1180, then head up. 1215 or 1230 will tell me what's next.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
User avatar
soku
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:02 am

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby wayne0708 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:30 am

Cobra: what was bull target?
wayne0708
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:37 am

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby soku » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:34 am

PLUNGE wrote:
Mr. BachNut wrote:Market neutral.
Had a pilot short yesterday that was stopped out during yesterday's closing spike for small profit.
In spite of gain, technicals still look weak. Looking to re-establish short at higher prices.
Mechanical model is in sell mode.

Today is interesting for Tom DeMark followers. I believe a TD Sequential Setup buy signal will trigger today with an SPX close <1188.04. Above that, the setup is nullified, which I guess would keep followers of this signal on the sidelines.


Thanks for this observation! Here's my DeMark count:
sc3.png



And his rules for a TD:
"If before price bar 9 is reached a price bar fails to close below that of four bars previously then the Setup is abandoned and the numbers are automatically deleted. Once nine consecutive price bars have been completed the trader will be looking for a "perfected" Setup; one that is now valid for trading. Buy Setup perfected when the low of either price bar 8 or 9 is less than the lows of both price bars 6 and 7."

But I'm a novice at DeMark, so not being critical :D

i am trading demark setup and countdown for a long time. a flip is not a good trading signal. you should wait for couple more bars. 4-5 is kinda commonly accepted entry point. overall i should say demark is more on reversal. i use it more on exit side.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
User avatar
soku
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:02 am

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Al_Dente » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:34 am

Internals, different view, 5 days, 1 minute
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =249244776
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 24777
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby 99er » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:37 am

User avatar
99er
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby L_T » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 am

Mr BachNut / PLUNGE/ soku where do you guys find good info on DeMark? It's one thing I've never been able to locate a "tutorial" of sorts for. Thanks for any info you can provide.

soku wrote:
PLUNGE wrote:
Mr. BachNut wrote:Market neutral.
Had a pilot short yesterday that was stopped out during yesterday's closing spike for small profit.
In spite of gain, technicals still look weak. Looking to re-establish short at higher prices.
Mechanical model is in sell mode.

Today is interesting for Tom DeMark followers. I believe a TD Sequential Setup buy signal will trigger today with an SPX close <1188.04. Above that, the setup is nullified, which I guess would keep followers of this signal on the sidelines.


Thanks for this observation! Here's my DeMark count:
sc3.png



And his rules for a TD:
"If before price bar 9 is reached a price bar fails to close below that of four bars previously then the Setup is abandoned and the numbers are automatically deleted. Once nine consecutive price bars have been completed the trader will be looking for a "perfected" Setup; one that is now valid for trading. Buy Setup perfected when the low of either price bar 8 or 9 is less than the lows of both price bars 6 and 7."

But I'm a novice at DeMark, so not being critical :D

i am trading demark setup and countdown for a long time. a flip is not a good trading signal. you should wait for couple more bars. 4-5 is kinda commonly accepted entry point. overall i should say demark is more on reversal. i use it more on exit side.
User avatar
L_T
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:49 am

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Apple » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:39 am

Al_Dente wrote:
Apple wrote:Anybody looking at the XOI run-up?

XOI oil and TRAN strongest on my little board today so far

“If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." [Carl Sagan, Astronomer]


My guess is that XOI is going to top at about 1192 (and leading for TRAN ?) sometime before Thursday... :)
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:34 pm

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby 99er » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:39 am

User avatar
99er
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby 99er » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:40 am

User avatar
99er
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby uempel » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:45 am

Whoever shorts now is either stupid or he has cojones di ferro...
rr.png
uempel
 
Posts: 8685
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:38 am

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby 99er » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:49 am

User avatar
99er
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:43 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Traders Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests