Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

11/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 11/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Cobra »

SigmaEcho wrote:this is the new target, 120.0?
right, but the daily phantom bar sometimes take very long time to fulfill, so it's not as reliable as the intraday bar.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
newbie_77

Post by newbie_77 »

looks like you got your wish :D
my first fibo trace just for you :D better getout of that short at the 50% retrace :D beside that who knows its all luck of the draw :D
Me XMan wrote:Spike down is waht I like right now :D
newbie_77 wrote:big volume bar on 1 min ..... something must be happening.. soon...
Attachments
2011-11-30_11-19-55.jpg
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

BullBear52x wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:Double Tops: Risk/Reward zone, the logic behind it is the trap bulls from last peak is dying to get even and stay safe this time around after losing confidence from last move. after long night pray " god please if I got my money back this time I will never touch it again" mentality :lol:
Cool, thanks SLV has that big old gap of 11/16 that it couldn’t fill today… on third try….It’s now in the “Bermuda Triangle” zone
I can understand the need of silver and copper, gold? I never understand the logic in trading it. me no metal guy.
we need all bright and shiny things
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=FCX&p= ... =249206436
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Special request here to all chart posters; Can you please use a white background?

Thanks.
viewer

Post by viewer »

Cobra wrote:
right, but the daily phantom bar sometimes take very long time to fulfill, so it's not as reliable as the intraday bar.
Why it is not shown on the none of the 60m, 15m, and 5m chart?

PS. I'll sign up tonight.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

ultramarine wrote:
Xian wrote:
uempel wrote:I did not draw this chart for you guys, but for me. That's why it's a real mess. Shows my tests of the 1240 area, shows that 1240 sure is a pivot. Means that it's unlikely SPX keeps up its vertical trajectory here. Pause, sideways move, dip, whatever. Bye guys, I need some food.
dd.png
Hey that Kandinsky has a rising wedge on the right hand side, doesn't it? Definitely looks bearish!
:lol: :lol:
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
CMT

Post by CMT »

CognitiveDissonance wrote:off topic, but, anyone have any idea where mortgage rates in the US will be heading? Trying to figure out if it's time to refi or not.

Thanks!
Lower, I'd wait. If you believe this market is going to crash and US bonds are the safe haven still... then a sweet rate is in your future. I've placed the same bet on my 5% mortgage
taggard

Post by taggard »

newbie_77 wrote:master cobra,
you sound emotional. you are expecting :D ....

so far i have learned following since i joined this board and started following master cobra... which was not very long ago:
1. i learned to control emotional based trading :D
2. stopped front-running
3. follow the trend and get out when you have made small gains :D ... don't be greedy.
4. what goes up must come down :D and when it comes down it does bounce up again :D
Cobra wrote:nothing to say, this really is a nice market, simply gap up every day and do nothing. I expect today to be different though because the 3rd time is the charm.
you may eventually want to examine the part about "made small gains". my worst problem is not staying in trades that are working well. the difference in performance over time is huge--if you stick with the trades that work. interestingly you note that you stopped front running (good work) but in a sense "get out when you have small gains" is also "front running". in both cases an assumption is made about the future that controls current action.

the question i have for myself is why am i not letting the market stop me out more on a good trend? Frankly i think this is not rational on my part as the evidence demonstrates otherwise. so the idea is to slowly stretch out the moves. not suggesting rash action just slowly doing this. my data shows i often leave 50% of the trade on the table--the trades often work since they are extended away from the trend at exit (good) but miss the really profitable 2nd part of the trade (bad).
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

viewer wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Why it is not shown on the none of the 60m, 15m, and 5m chart?

PS. I'll sign up tonight.
Thanks for the PS. :)

I don't know, sometimes the phantom just doesn't show on intraday chart and in this case the phantom is not as reliable. It's just my observation.

Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

My stop loss is $124.55
BTW, BO is on the tube drumming for his jobs bill.
newbie_77 wrote:looks like you got your wish :D
my first fibo trace just for you :D better getout of that short at the 50% retrace :D beside that who knows its all luck of the draw :D
Me XMan wrote:Spike down is waht I like right now :D
newbie_77 wrote:big volume bar on 1 min ..... something must be happening.. soon...
Apple

Post by Apple »

Tip-toe tvix @ 46.13, leap @ 44.8 to 45.4 8-)
knock

Post by knock »

where are trader vix gang? we need your voice.
newbie_77

Post by newbie_77 »

hello taggard,
thank you. what you said is very true.
i bought SPXU for 13.90 on 11.15 but exited on 11.17 when it reached 15.30 .. had i waited couple more days could have sold for 17+ basically gave more than 50% .. which is basically what's happening to me :D
taggard wrote:
newbie_77 wrote:master cobra,
you sound emotional. you are expecting :D ....

so far i have learned following since i joined this board and started following master cobra... which was not very long ago:
1. i learned to control emotional based trading :D
2. stopped front-running
3. follow the trend and get out when you have made small gains :D ... don't be greedy.
4. what goes up must come down :D and when it comes down it does bounce up again :D
Cobra wrote:nothing to say, this really is a nice market, simply gap up every day and do nothing. I expect today to be different though because the 3rd time is the charm.
you may eventually want to examine the part about "made small gains". my worst problem is not staying in trades that are working well. the difference in performance over time is huge--if you stick with the trades that work. interestingly you note that you stopped front running (good work) but in a sense "get out when you have small gains" is also "front running". in both cases an assumption is made about the future that controls current action.

the question i have for myself is why am i not letting the market stop me out more on a good trend? Frankly i think this is not rational on my part as the evidence demonstrates otherwise. so the idea is to slowly stretch out the moves. not suggesting rash action just slowly doing this. my data shows i often leave 50% of the trade on the table--the trades often work since they are extended away from the trend at exit (good) but miss the really profitable 2nd part of the trade (bad).
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Sold my SLW holdings, I am sure it will go higher but I have already booked a decent profit on it.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

XLP stand out the most today.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
newbie_77

Post by newbie_77 »

volume surge and biggest bar. there has to be some pullback :D or consolidation. [ i also learned this from master cobra ]
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

good, finally picks up some strength, but bulls need a decisive breakout.
Attachments
1.png

Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

BullBear52x wrote:XLP stand out the most today.
Are you kidding? XLP is up only 1.96%
Twitter @jackwag0n
HighRev

Post by HighRev »

SPX Monthly Provisional
spxMonthlyProvisional.png
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Petsamo wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:XLP stand out the most today.
Are you kidding? XLP is up only 1.96%
TA internals side of thing I meant.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.