Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

   

12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby rpccharts » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Short signal

Image
rpccharts
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:41 am

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby rhight » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:43 pm

BullBear52x wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
uempel wrote:
uempel wrote:Well, bears tried to pull the market down a wee bit, but they failed miserably and now it's back to sideways...
gg.png

Ha, ha, ha. I was on edge and impatient, missed the move... No comment.
99.png

UNCANNY…. YOU WERE SPOT-ON TO THE MINUTE.
PS: on my 1 min, yellow dotted vertical IS NOT VOLUME it’s some wacky stockcharts thingie
Please tell me how to get rid of it as I DO NOT SEE IT on any of my stuff…

Oh o you put a virus on our chart? or someone is watching you big guy, they are out to get you next. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Here is the official answer from stockcharts:
http://blogs.stockcharts.com/chartwatch ... r-you.html
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
User avatar
rhight
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:31 am

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:44 pm

still looks like a consolidation pattern therefore a 2nd leg down is still possible. you can call it ascending triangle but don't forget triangle is continuation pattern not reversal pattern no matter it's ascending, descending or symmetrical.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 45409
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby dtguru168 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi Cobra, new to here, I am a bear and just short today at top, made some $$$, nice to see so many guys here. I heard you are amazing :) :D
User avatar
dtguru168
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby SB73 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:48 pm

Cobra wrote:still looks like a consolidation pattern therefore a 2nd leg down is still possible. you can call it ascending triangle but don't forget triangle is continuation pattern not reversal pattern no matter it's ascending, descending or symmetrical.


Cobra,

Assuming today holds where it is we will have 3 consecutive bearish candlesticks and should indicate that today we had a top of some kind....would you disagree?
SB73
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby heavenskrow » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:48 pm

tdo722 wrote:/es at support 1252 and spy is also at current support at $125.80. All I need is another $0.15 from $125.80 to cover tvix. come on, please.

Notice we did not break the hourly resistance Friday although on the 5min bar we did.
VXX1hour.jpg


5min Bar VXX
VX5min.jpg
User avatar
heavenskrow
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby BullBear52x » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:48 pm

rhight wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
uempel wrote:
uempel wrote:Well, bears tried to pull the market down a wee bit, but they failed miserably and now it's back to sideways...
gg.png

Ha, ha, ha. I was on edge and impatient, missed the move... No comment.
99.png

UNCANNY…. YOU WERE SPOT-ON TO THE MINUTE.
PS: on my 1 min, yellow dotted vertical IS NOT VOLUME it’s some wacky stockcharts thingie
Please tell me how to get rid of it as I DO NOT SEE IT on any of my stuff…

Oh o you put a virus on our chart? or someone is watching you big guy, they are out to get you next. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Here is the official answer from stockcharts:
http://blogs.stockcharts.com/chartwatch ... r-you.html

Ah...mystery solved
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
User avatar
BullBear52x
 
Posts: 22281
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Me XMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:48 pm

Covered and gone long $126.
User avatar
Me XMan
 
Posts: 2014
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby StrikePrice » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:49 pm

coolwenwen wrote:
Xian wrote:If anyone gets a second, could you remind me what happens (or usually happens) on days when both VIX and SPX close green?

Thanks very much!


more likely down next day.


coolwenwen, do you keep stats on this, not nice to answer based on a "feeling"?

Xian,
I don't think it's a reliable signal but here is the last 4 times:

11/15-11/16 = DOWN
10/20-10/21 = UP
9/12-9/13 = UP
8/30-8/31 = UP
StrikePrice
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby heavenskrow » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Me XMan wrote:Covered and gone long $126.


You have squirrel balls. I like :D
User avatar
heavenskrow
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby viewer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Cobra wrote:still looks like a consolidation pattern therefore a 2nd leg down is still possible. you can call it ascending triangle but don't forget triangle is continuation pattern not reversal pattern no matter it's ascending, descending or symmetrical.


This is new to me.
Thanks!
viewer
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby jarbo456 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:56 pm

bears are taking too much freak'n time...per the usual. -_-
User avatar
jarbo456
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:19 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby tdo722 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:56 pm

heavenskrow wrote:
tdo722 wrote:/es at support 1252 and spy is also at current support at $125.80. All I need is another $0.15 from $125.80 to cover tvix. come on, please.

Notice we did not break the hourly resistance Friday although on the 5min bar we did.
VXX1hour.jpg


5min Bar VXX
VX5min.jpg


cool, thank you. I set my stop loss conditional that if spy crawls backup above 126.50 then I am forced to cover my underwater tvix. This is the last time I'd play with fire. I'm going to stick with SSO/SDS from now on.
tdo722
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby fehro » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:56 pm

mid red channel? 1235ish.... if 1250 doesn't hold
Attachments
Picture 19.png
fehro
 
Posts: 22880
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby SB73 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Shorted at EMA 20 touch on 5 min...3 for 3 today....feeling my oats
SB73
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Me XMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:04 pm

GIDDY UP BULLS! This week is your week!
User avatar
Me XMan
 
Posts: 2014
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby knock » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Me XMan wrote:GIDDY UP BULLS! This week is your week!

it's just a bear flag.
knock
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:42 am

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Petsamo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Me XMan wrote:GIDDY UP BULLS! This week is your week!

We know for sure it was last week's.
Twitter @jackwag0n
User avatar
Petsamo
 
Posts: 3339
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby SB73 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Me XMan wrote:GIDDY UP BULLS! This week is your week!


Game over bulls for next day or 2 imo
SB73
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Re: 12/05/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby jarbo456 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Me XMan wrote:GIDDY UP BULLS! This week is your week!


nope. very interesting...i was totally looking for that last bar. spike up to hit stops, and then DOWN we go.

wow...market makers really love to stick it to us.
Attachments
SPY 5min 12052011.1.png
User avatar
jarbo456
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:19 am
Location: New York, NY

PreviousNext

Return to Traders Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests