Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

12/08/2011 Intraday Watering

Buckethead

Re: Real time $TICK chart suggestion

Post by Buckethead »

I use Thinkorswim charts via TD Ameritrade. All you need is a deposit into their brokerage, and no monthly charge for real time unlimited charting. I bleieve there is no minimum deposit.
$TICK is available real time 1 min.
learningT wrote:I am thinking about switch-out of SwingTracker and need to find an alternative charting system. one thing I am particularly looking for is 1-min NYSE Tick ($TICK) chart. I tried stockcharts.com (paid version) -- it gives quite different readings. I also tried freecharts.com (and its paid version tc2000) but both only have 15-min delayed data stream. any suggestion (of other options) or recommendation? thanks
Last edited by Buckethead on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaijailyc

Re: 12/08/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by jaijailyc »

uempel wrote:
Me XMan wrote:Careful there my friend...it's a long way down.
uempel wrote:Went long now.
XMan, I told you in the morning that I'm going to long a dip or short a bounce... And that's what I did now. Might be a bit more downside, but my charts show support around 1230.
Agree, I went long when S&P was around 1235. I will be adding more if its goes down to 1220-25 area.
taggard

Re: Real time $TICK chart suggestion

Post by taggard »

Buckethead wrote:I use Thinkorswim charts via TD Ameritrade. All you need is a deposit into their brokerage, and no monthly charge for real time unlimited charting. I bleieve there is no minimum deposit.
$TICK is available real time 1 min.
learningT wrote:I am thinking about switch-out of SwingTracker and need to find an alternative charting system. one thing I am particularly looking for is 1-min NYSE Tick ($TICK) chart. I tried stockcharts.com (paid version) -- it gives quite different readings. I also tried freecharts.com (and its paid version tc2000) but both only have 15-min delayed data stream. any suggestion (of other options) or recommendation? thanks
i like qcharts--price is about 100-200 a month depending--but (1) the data is accurate. (2) no down time. (3) very very flexible charts. this actually is more important than many think. using a 30 in screen on a 5 min chart and being able to instantly pull the chart larger or smaller is priceless. Trading is very visual--using smaller screens will work--using a larger screen will work better up to a certain size.

this is very useful in 2 situations--one is tight ranges that you want to trade. the other is huge moves. in either case being able to balance your visual focus is key. i have tried various platforms including free data by brokers etc and in the end have wound up with qcharts. if you are trading very complex stuff--or you want to have the trading platform part of the chart something else (trade station maybe).

bottom line with charts is always each to his own. but it's amazing how 1200-2400 a year is considered far too much for good data--yet people will buy all sorts of analysis for this same price. lessons or analysis maybe for a while--but a decent trader can learn most systems in 1-3 months. not trying to be too pushy--but good sized screens (25 to 30 in and 2-3) with good rez. and solid data that you can format egg-xactly in a manner that works best for you visually is really worth the money 100x over--over a year of trading.

good luck finding a data source that works for you.
learningT

Re: 12/08/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by learningT »

Buckethead & taggard - thanks to you both. I will try thinksorswim first and then looking into qchart.