Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

03/06/2020 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 03/06/2020 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

The rebound may have legs. If it can hold for the next couple of bars without big pullback then it'd be an uptrend day.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

The heaviest weights in SPY
36AGMAF.PNG.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Heck

Post by Heck »

Last edited by Heck on Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

The "LEADERS"
Buybacks, High-Betas, and Smalls are at fresh lows
36leaders.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

It's FRIDAY, some resistance here, a break down below lower wedge I will call it a day. so far I see no ending for the bulls' move until then....
Attachments
1.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Cash SPX Fib, bull are fine as long as 61.8% held up.
Attachments
1.PNG
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

got stop out, I am done, it's Friday. Peace!
Heck

Post by Heck »

European stocks close 3.6% lower

Time for US divergence ?

Fortress America First
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

36JPM.PNG.png
Then, today, heart attack
mattchessen

Post by mattchessen »

I'm a total lurker but I want to say thank you for all your analysis!

I also want to share this report which you should read if you want to understand the full risk to the economy and our public safety from the virus. Absent a robust response, we are going to have a lot of dead people and a tanked economy: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... f_COVID-19

Stay safe!
Heck

Post by Heck »

Last edited by Heck on Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Heck

Post by Heck »

Last edited by Heck on Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Fieldydwb

Post by Fieldydwb »

Heck wrote:Corona market mass hysteria ?

First case reported 1 Dec 2019, 96 days ago, enough time for COVID-19 to go around world on airlines unprotected until 31 Jan 2020

600,000 people a year die of seasonal flu globally and nobody says boo

3,383 COVID-19 global deaths, mostly immune impaired, prior heart and lung disease

14 COVID-19 deaths in USA, 9 in WA nursing home and mockingbird monopoly media go crazy

Trading accordingly

Long and strong

'People in crowds go mad all at once

Regain their sense one by one'

Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds

Nothing to fear
But fear itself

One has to be careful to compare this to the flu. The % requiring intensive care, the mortality rates and the asymptomatic spreading is why it's different. The only similarity to a flu is that they are both viruses. One has vaccinations the other does not.. It is and will become a massive burden on the system and if unchecked it'll spread across the US with a 10-15% of population requiring intensive care. I don't wanna go into intensive care at those odds, most others won't either. This is what will cause economic effects. It'll and has created fear. One has to be careful for searching news out that confirms a bias. Confirmation bias is a dangerous thing in trading. Such confusing times and being diligent is the key.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Too bad the big pullback means the best for bulls is just a range day. Bears are seeking the range low, assume the day low for now.
Attachments
1.png

mattchessen

Post by mattchessen »

Fieldydwb wrote:
Heck wrote:Corona market mass hysteria ?

First case reported 1 Dec 2019, 96 days ago, enough time for COVID-19 to go around world on airlines unprotected until 31 Jan 2020

600,000 people a year die of seasonal flu globally and nobody says boo

3,383 COVID-19 global deaths, mostly immune impaired, prior heart and lung disease

14 COVID-19 deaths in USA, 9 in WA nursing home and mockingbird monopoly media go crazy

Trading accordingly

Long and strong

'People in crowds go mad all at once

Regain their sense one by one'

Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds

Nothing to fear
But fear itself

One has to be careful to compare this to the flu. The % requiring intensive care, the mortality rates and the asymptomatic spreading is why it's different. The only similarity to a flu is that they are both viruses. One has vaccinations the other does not.. It is and will become a massive burden on the system and if unchecked it'll spread across the US with a 10-15% of population requiring intensive care. I don't wanna go into intensive care at those odds, most others won't either. This is what will cause economic effects. It'll and has created fear. One has to be careful for searching news out that confirms a bias. Confirmation bias is a dangerous thing in trading. Such confusing times and being diligent is the key.
This is spot on.
-this is not just the flu. WHO said the case fatality rate globally is 3.4%. That means for every case diagnosed, 3.4% of those people will die. CFRs for the flu are ~.1% for regular and ~.2% for a bad year. Corona is also highly contagious.
-Some people are saying the CFR is much lower because there are many undiagnosed cases. But this is not what the WHO has found globally. -
Most (~80%) of people will have mild symptoms. But the virus is terrible for people over 50. We can't just say "live with it" because then we're basically throwing all of our elders under the bus. 
Critical cases could overwhelm our health care system if we don't focus on containment. Italy just reported that 10% of cases require ICU care. If 20% of the US (60 million) get the virus (and that's a conservative number; some epidemiologists are saying 40-70%) then 6 million will need ICU care. The US has ~100,000 ICU beds. You do the math on what we do with the other 5,900,000 critical cases. And if the hospitals are basically hit with a denial of service attack, other critical cases (heart attacks, accidents, etc) are going to die for lack of treatment. This is why China was building hospitals in days. They needed to massively increase their capacity (see attached report and below)
-We do not have nearly enough testing kits available. This shows you just how far behind we are on testing. It's bad enough that the CDC removed the numbers earlier this week: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... 9-testing/ We are rolling out test but not nearly fast enough-On Monday the administration said we'd have 1 million tests available by the end of this week. Yesterday Pence said it wouldn't happen. But then he claimed we'd have 1.2 million available next week. Let's hope so. 
-Because we're not aggressively testing, there are stealth epidemics all over the country. What's happening in Seattle is going to become the norm if we don't get ahead of this. 
-my son and I have been sick this week with upper respiratory symptoms. We should be tested. If we're positive our contacts should be traced and quarantined. But we've basically been told the health department is only approving tests for pneumonia cases. That's smart to prioritize, but it also shows how far we have to go. 
-This is not a hoax. If not dealt with appropriately, millions in the US could die and we could since into a terrible economic depression. Right now we are not dealing with it appropriately. 
Read the report above
Attachments
ESZHcKrXsAIuOs4.jpeg
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Smalls, 52-week low
BullTart

Post by BullTart »

People been comparing novel viruses to the flu... since like, forever... here's a newspaper in 1918... similar arguments about why not to worry. Then 50+million people died from the Spanish Flu.

Main difference from the flu is that with a novel virus that's zoonotic:

1. there is no immunity, and
2. there is no vaccine

#2 above cannot be said about the flu, and that is the biggest difference.

Combined with the fact that we stilly don't know too much about it (e.g. mortality rate), the downside is nearly unlimited, as people found out in 1918.

Yes, we have more medical equipment and tech now, but remember, this is a novel zoonotic virus, so again, there's no simple cure or vaccine, with limited (HIV meds, etc.) treatment, even with all the tech we have now.

So just know your history when you start comparing to the flu - there is precedent, and valid concerns - which is why scientists and medical professionals are concerned.

Doesn't mean we will have part deux of the Spanish Flu now, but also doesn't mean "it's just the flu" either, because the flu won't kill 50+million people - we have vaccines.

With SARS-CoV2, the reality is that we simply still don't know - and markets really don't like uncertainty. Trade wisely my friends.
Attachments
ce96aa-20090507-spanishflu.jpg
Last edited by BullTart on Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
JFR

Post by JFR »

SPY 5 minute. Back up to the EMA 20.

Have a good weekend, Everyone. Wash your hands a lot. Don't touch your face. You know the drill. Out in public gloves might be recommended, or put a paper towel between your hand and the gas pump or door knobs. Do not shake hands.

Screenshot_20200306_093544.jpg
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
Heck

Post by Heck »

Last edited by Heck on Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:42 am, edited 18 times in total.