Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

Weekend Watering

Al_Dente

Re: Weekend Watering

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING Cougar: thanks for yr gold
The conspiracy-theory folks have been ranting for a long time about “open up those vaults and let us count the bars behind GLD” etc. I try to ignore them, as it’s only once-in-a-black-swan that they tend to be right, and in the meantime we don’t want to miss out on a lotta bucks if we can ever get a decent buy signal. Also if you believe in tips as a perception/prediction of inflation, note here that TIP dropped out of its triangle
(possibly “leading” ….i’m not sure how I feel about tips….you?)
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$GOLD& ... =240748015

Also thanx for explan of acceleration band, I got it, except for the importance of “time displacement.”
Yo, cougie: harmonic vibrations alert…. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QahgraRrYs
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
dcurban1

Post by dcurban1 »

Al_Dente wrote:PAGING Cougar: thanks for yr gold
The conspiracy-theory folks have been ranting for a long time about “open up those vaults and let us count the bars behind GLD” etc. I try to ignore them, as it’s only once-in-a-black-swan that they tend to be right, and in the meantime we don’t want to miss out on a lotta bucks if we can ever get a decent buy signal. Also if you believe in tips as a perception/prediction of inflation, note here that TIP dropped out of its triangle
(possibly “leading” ….i’m not sure how I feel about tips….you?)
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$GOLD& ... =240748015

Also thanx for explan of acceleration band, I got it, except for the importance of “time displacement.”
Yo, cougie: harmonic vibrations alert…. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QahgraRrYs
i agree with you on the conspiracy theory people. As a gold bull I can make my case without having to go that route.

My favorite reason to be long gold is from the famous value investor Jean-Marie Eveillard, "Gold is a protection against extreme outcomes."

Greek 1 year bond yields hit 352% Friday.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/GGGB1YR:IND
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Update on the old Gerald Appel TREND FOLLOWING STRATEGY aka the 5/10/20 cross.
It’s on a BULL signal for intermediate and long term “trend followers”
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SSO&p= ... =214802695

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP67H4qfe5w
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING Baron von SantaClaus: re: your ““I zoomed up the legends if you're interested””
I don’t hide my “legends” to be secretive. Any time I have any “soft” averaged-smoothed shite on my charts, I leave out the legends, because they are so arbitrary, and I am constantly tweaking them just for AL, to tell AL very specific things.
Also I’ve found that the “eureka” moment is so much sweeter when folks find their own settings that work just right for them. There are endless possibilities, and NONE are perfect. Also with softie stuff, there is no absolute “right” or “wrong”.
As you know my true love is the pure raw data, unfiltered, unsmoothed, unaveraged.
Having said all that, my setting for the “guideline” behind the 1 min tick is EMA envelope 50/2.5.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE USE MY “SOFT” SETTINGS, I recommend that everyone finds what works best for them.
Because here’s the caveat: there are serious problems with my tick guideline, the least of which is its “smoothie” nature…namely that the zeniths and nadirs of the guideline call out the intraday SPY tops and bottoms but you CAN’T POSSIBLY CATCH THAT until many many minutes later, then by the time the guideline crosses zero, the correction or trend change is already underway or finished, and it may be too late for a scalper. So its usefulness to a scalper is not in “leading” but in confirming at best.

I note your “tick guideline” setting is different but very VERY similar in view to mine, and you may have the same issues with it too, but I’m scalping, and you’ve got much more patience with corrections than I can afford to have.
Also notice that Friday my tick guideline NEVER ONCE CROSSED BELOW ZERO, which was one of many powerful bull-continuation signals for scalpers.
When you watch your tick side-by-side mine, consider using the same time frame for comparison. I’d like to see you have my TWO day tick next to your TWO day tick (right now yours is a 5 day tick?). Then I’m guessing that you may see the same Friday tick-bull-continuation signal INTRADAY. You still with me?
Finally, the tick guideline is quite helpful in “stabilizing” the whipsaw view of the persistently wacky tick moves.

Also I use a 250ma behind SPY, as it is the equivalent of the 50ma on the 5 min, which is an MA that I take very seriously, but everybody has their own favorite MAs that work great for them.

PS: OMG how on earth could you leave out my favorite twin girlfriends NYADV/NYDEC on your Al Dente chart??
They are the BEST bar none, explain yourself dude, why don’t u like gorgeous advancing and reclining twins?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVEpTYNt ... re=related
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Al_Dente wrote:PAGING Baron von SantaClaus: re: your ““I zoomed up the legends if you're interested””
I don’t hide my “legends” to be secretive. Any time I have any “soft” averaged-smoothed shite on my charts, I leave out the legends, because they are so arbitrary, and I am constantly tweaking them just for AL, to tell AL very specific things.
Also I’ve found that the “eureka” moment is so much sweeter when folks find their own settings that work just right for them. There are endless possibilities, and NONE are perfect. Also with softie stuff, there is no absolute “right” or “wrong”.
As you know my true love is the pure raw data, unfiltered, unsmoothed, unaveraged.
Having said all that, my setting for the “guideline” behind the 1 min tick is EMA envelope 50/2.5.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE USE MY “SOFT” SETTINGS, I recommend that everyone finds what works best for them.
Because here’s the caveat: there are serious problems with my tick guideline, the least of which is its “smoothie” nature…namely that the zeniths and nadirs of the guideline call out the intraday SPY tops and bottoms but you CAN’T POSSIBLY CATCH THAT until many many minutes later, then by the time the guideline crosses zero, the correction or trend change is already underway or finished, and it may be too late for a scalper. So its usefulness to a scalper is not in “leading” but in confirming at best.

I note your “tick guideline” setting is different but very VERY similar in view to mine, and you may have the same issues with it too, but I’m scalping, and you’ve got much more patience with corrections than I can afford to have.
Also notice that Friday my tick guideline NEVER ONCE CROSSED BELOW ZERO, which was one of many powerful bull-continuation signals for scalpers.
When you watch your tick side-by-side mine, consider using the same time frame for comparison. I’d like to see you have my TWO day tick next to your TWO day tick (right now yours is a 5 day tick?). Then I’m guessing that you may see the same Friday tick-bull-continuation signal INTRADAY. You still with me?
Finally, the tick guideline is quite helpful in “stabilizing” the whipsaw view of the persistently wacky tick moves.

Also I use a 250ma behind SPY, as it is the equivalent of the 50ma on the 5 min, which is an MA that I take very seriously, but everybody has their own favorite MAs that work great for them.

PS: OMG how on earth could you leave out my favorite twin girlfriends NYADV/NYDEC on your Al Dente chart??
They are the BEST bar none, explain yourself dude, why don’t u like gorgeous advancing and reclining twins?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVEpTYNt ... re=related
I left out ADV/DEC there is no room and I just don't see it as useful leading indicator in day trade IMO, anyhow, my core and daytrade position are two different animal, I scalping up on Friday all day too, leave the core untouched just so that a week or weeks from now I can show you what was my entry price :lol: bragging right that few can show in real time. Why I feel good selling IWM or EEM ( TNA/TZA/EDC/EDZ) stuff, look at this longer sicky weaky. I show few more charts later just for fun.
Attachments
spy.JPG
spy1.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

SPY/UPRO
Attachments
spy1.JPG
spy.JPG
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

IWM/TNA
Attachments
spy1.JPG
spy.JPG
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Here the sad sector, I don't mention FAS/FAZ any more, just selling FAS as long term investment it's not a bad idea, sad sad sad.
Attachments
spy1a.JPG
spy1.JPG
spy.JPG
Major

Post by Major »

As I recall, there were a number of posts this week about Interactive Brokers.

Suggest that those who use IB or are considering it, read the following article to help with their evaluation -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/denials-b ... to+zero%29
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Major wrote:As I recall, there were a number of posts this week about Interactive Brokers.
Suggest that those who use IB or are considering it, read the following article to help with their evaluation -
Major thanks very much, NICE catch
As a “squeeze freak” I’m interested in the hypothetical HYPOTHETICAL implication “…PBs will be unable to lend out shares anymore, in effect collapsing stock shorting as there is one giant short stock recall/forced buy in….”

I do recall, there were some folks last week on this board who were recommending IB as a broker.
I URGE YOU TO RE-POST THIS LINK during the week when more boarders can see that one little cockroach.
waverider

Post by waverider »

TIP.png
Thanks for the DBV correlation Al, looks like a large disconnection away from equities is a good indicator in predicting gaps. TIP is in a long term bull with channel support soon here.

$CRB is at lateral support, and if it holds, that's obviously bullish for equities. $SSEC is in a bear, and if it drops below 2300 with a good spike down, that should be quite bearish for the rest of the world.

There was no evidence of bearish strength on Friday, very few doji's during the OR, (which are a good indicator for predicting range days), and I had no excuse to attempt to short, even for a scalp.
Attachments
$SSEC.png
Last edited by waverider on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
jimme

Post by jimme »

/DX just opened trading with a huge gap up, trading at $79.21. It indicates lower stock prices tomorrow. Thanks to all with all the great stuff. I couldn't operate without it. jimme
Major

Post by Major »

Al_Dente wrote:
Major wrote:As I recall, there were a number of posts this week about Interactive Brokers.
Major thanks very much, NICE catch
As a “squeeze freak” I’m interested in the hypothetical HYPOTHETICAL implication “…PBs will be unable to lend out shares anymore, in effect collapsing stock shorting as there is one giant short stock recall/forced buy in….”

I do recall, there were some folks last week on this board who were recommending IB as a broker.
I URGE YOU TO RE-POST THIS LINK during the week when more boarders can see that one little cockroach.
Will re-post tomorrow AM.
99er

Post by 99er »

Sunday Evening Update

EURUSD and ES http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/12/eu-es.html

Have a nice evening.
TWT

Post by TWT »

NDX : Some food for thoughts for the Perma Bears ........
Attachments
NDX WEEKLY.png