Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

12/15/2011 Intraday Watering

taggard

Re: 12/15/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by taggard »

re bushwaffle

I would say you're right on target with all that. The problem is that (being a frontman/singer/songwriter), ego is gonna be a mother to overcome and actually may end up a bit negative for me unless I find a way to balance it...and I think I'm a degenerate gambler with a subconscious need to lose, even though most of my plans would have worked out, if I had enough self control to stick to them.

The whole artist/money cliche is pretty much true...

ok. . possible key idea (???) singer frontman--the rush of being in front of a crowd (key concept "rush"). "I think i'm a degenerate gambler with a subconscious need to lose" two ideas (1) rush--the intensity of getting killed in a trade gambling etc is intense. i have read studies that show this is far stronger than winning. the other idea? well not "subconscious" because you are typing it.

the rule of thumb is to convince the individual not to trade or gamble. or to avoid the rush. both solutions look like no fun to me. the key idea is to grasp the bio-chem behind the experience. all of us have largely the same mental bio chem--but we experience things differently. the trick is to adjust the rush to an area that is "healthy" rather than to avoid the "rush" all together.

the rush can be shifted--and it can be experienced in some really odd ways--such as playing chess as opposed to bungi jumping. the event is not the issue--it's the meaning of the event to the individual.

bottom line is it is non of my business but i would not trade in a self destructive manner if at all possible.

but i would find something intense that gets you most of the way to that state that is fairly heathly or at least not actively unhealthy.

the real telling statement to me is the reference to subsconscious. you clearly have a major clue what you think is going on--the issue that is more interesting is why not change it? habit? intensity of experience issues? personally i am more behind the eastern approach so analysis of these things is not what i would do (no fun at all either). it's more shifting the experience. but i certainly understand the idea of enjoying intensity--it's. . .er intense.

when the going gets tough--the tough morph into something else and bail the experience
ddd

Post by ddd »

Bullish triangle?
Last edited by ddd on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fehro

Post by fehro »

chop... until we break the triangle
Attachments
Picture 18.png
bushwaffle

Post by bushwaffle »

taggard wrote:re bushwaffle

I would say you're right on target with all that. The problem is that (being a frontman/singer/songwriter), ego is gonna be a mother to overcome and actually may end up a bit negative for me unless I find a way to balance it...and I think I'm a degenerate gambler with a subconscious need to lose, even though most of my plans would have worked out, if I had enough self control to stick to them.

The whole artist/money cliche is pretty much true...

ok. . possible key idea (???) singer frontman--the rush of being in front of a crowd (key concept "rush"). "I think i'm a degenerate gambler with a subconscious need to lose" two ideas (1) rush--the intensity of getting killed in a trade gambling etc is intense. i have read studies that show this is far stronger than winning. the other idea? well not "subconscious" because you are typing it.

the rule of thumb is to convince the individual not to trade or gamble. or to avoid the rush. both solutions look like no fun to me. the key idea is to grasp the bio-chem behind the experience. all of us have largely the same mental bio chem--but we experience things differently. the trick is to adjust the rush to an area that is "healthy" rather than to avoid the "rush" all together.

the rush can be shifted--and it can be experienced in some really odd ways--such as playing chess as opposed to bungi jumping. the event is not the issue--it's the meaning of the event to the individual.

bottom line is it is non of my business but i would not trade in a self destructive manner if at all possible.

but i would find something intense that gets you most of the way to that state that is fairly heathly or at least not actively unhealthy.

the real telling statement to me is the reference to subsconscious. you clearly have a major clue what you think is going on--the issue that is more interesting is why not change it? habit? intensity of experience issues? personally i am more behind the eastern approach so analysis of these things is not what i would do (no fun at all either). it's more shifting the experience. but i certainly understand the idea of enjoying intensity--it's. . .er intense.

when the going gets tough--the tough morph into something else and bail the experience
Maybe I should only trade while having sex, so the relative effect would be lessened.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:This is modify Dr. Al version.
I can’t tell how u modified it (please tell)
None-of-my-business suggestion:
split TNX and VIX away from TICK.
Easier to read
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =251032121

OMG OMG spy broke down under triangle, reversal, broke out above triangle
THAT IS TEXTBOOK BULKOWSKI !!!!!
got to go, You have no or different parameters before on these:
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

Al_Dente wrote:
Easier to read

Double busted symmetrical, maybe?
bushwaffle

Post by bushwaffle »

Anaconda wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
Easier to read

Double busted symmetrical, maybe?
There is no triangle, only the MATRIX
taggard

Post by taggard »

Maybe I should only trade while having sex, so the relative effect would be lessened.

yeah or maybe check dopamine levels or reaction to dopamine levels.

good luck with your trading
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

My spreadsheet indicates we are in a neutral area, a no-man's land. One big buy button or one big sell button will determine whether we gap up or down tomorrow.
Twitter @jackwag0n
bushwaffle

Post by bushwaffle »

taggard wrote:Maybe I should only trade while having sex, so the relative effect would be lessened.

yeah or maybe check dopamine levels or reaction to dopamine levels.

good luck with your trading
I usually do the opposite of "normal" when drinking...hmmm and the plan begins to unfold...
SB73

Post by SB73 »

From a candlestick perspecitive a black candle today says more downside tomorrow. I'll have to watch the close, but right now I am adding shorts on each pathetic push higher.
SB73

Post by SB73 »

SB73 wrote:From a candlestick perspecitive a black candle today says more downside tomorrow. I'll have to watch the close, but right now I am adding shorts on each pathetic push higher.
Panic close and I will dump my accumulated TZA 29.81 basis. The vix is interesting...would seem to me that the idea of a santa rally has created a lot of complacency.
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

Back from lunch. Stick the fork into this pig.

FLUSH IT!
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

oil just looks so darn weak. -_- anyone have thoughts on it?
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

I'm a novice regarding trading but I thought black candles point to a likely directional change, which would point more to a move up. Not being confrontational, just trying to learn. Am I wrong on this?
SB73 wrote:From a candlestick perspecitive a black candle today says more downside tomorrow. I'll have to watch the close, but right now I am adding shorts on each pathetic push higher.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

support. I'm clueless intraday but overall a little bit bigger picture, it's not a good day for bulls.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

fehro wrote:chop... until we break the triangle
I like your STO setting
Kept u short all the way down to 27/28 nov
then long 28 nov to 5/6/7 dec
Then bobble-head crazy mkt 7 dec to today
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today, as I said the bigger picture is not good for bulls. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
taggard

Post by taggard »

ClarkW wrote:I'm a novice regarding trading but I thought black candles point to a likely directional change, which would point more to a move up. Not being confrontational, just trying to learn. Am I wrong on this?
remember everything is context--so what time frame? what happened before the black candlestick? the end of a (long) trend generally more likely to mean something different could happen. it could also mean options exp is messing up action both ways.
jaijailyc

Post by jaijailyc »

Cobra,

When you say bigger picture is not good for bulls? What is the time frame of the "bigger picture"? week, month, quarter?

Thank you