Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

12/27/2011 Intraday Watering

quatzl

Re: 12/27/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by quatzl »

jarbo456 wrote:
tdo722 wrote:
quatzl wrote:It appears butterflies and negative divergences do not matter. It's trading in candyland.
lol, finally someone said it.
this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. i don't think one can rely on normal TA during this period. it DOESN'T mean that should the market decide to snap back to reality on ANY day this week or next, that the butterflies or negD won't be honored. it just means that in this current market condition, it can remain irrational aka negatively divergent for far longer than the average individual can stay solvent. but when the market does decide to come back to planet earth, those that have sized correctly their butterfly and negD bets will probably be the ones laughing.

full disclosure: i'm 100 call options long SPY and 80 call options long of USO (and have been since the irrationality started) - i will close these as soon as i think the end of year fuel injection is done.
It is not a surprise, just venting a little bit. My comment does not mean I do not appreciate the TA or the charts that folks provide. It's all in the timing. If I was not a fan, I would not read this board everyday. :)
uempel

Post by uempel »

Update:
3.png
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

DBV here, reversal candles so far, bears need a little more work on the MACD
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

quatzl wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:
tdo722 wrote:
quatzl wrote:It appears butterflies and negative divergences do not matter. It's trading in candyland.
this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. i don't think one can rely on normal TA during this period. it DOESN'T mean that should the market decide to snap back to reality on ANY day this week or next, that the butterflies or negD won't be honored. it just means that in this current market condition, it can remain irrational aka negatively divergent for far longer than the average individual can stay solvent. but when the market does decide to come back to planet earth, those that have sized correctly their butterfly and negD bets will probably be the ones laughing.

full disclosure: i'm 100 call options long SPY and 80 call options long of USO (and have been since the irrationality started) - i will close these as soon as i think the end of year fuel injection is done.
It is not a surprise, just venting a little bit. My comment does not mean I do not appreciate the TA or the charts that folks provide. It's all in the timing. If I was not a fan, I would not read this board everyday. :)
ahhh...yeah. to be honest, and i hope this doesn't offend 99er...but i do find his butterflies are usually a touch early. there seems to always be a little more room to run before they head down...could just be a channel issue. i do see he updates his channels as the the price sometimes jumps to a larger one.

anyhoot...just my HUMBLE observation...i like the wolf waves...just think they sometimes come a little early...especially in the bearish case.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Tomorrow gap up with high volume will be my dream entry, roll down from here I will not feel good for da bears.
Mr. T

Post by Mr. T »

BullBear52x wrote:Tomorrow gap up with high volume will be my dream entry, roll down from here I will not feel good for da bears.

Your dream short entry?
-T

"Treat Your Mother Right!!!!"
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Mr. T wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:Tomorrow gap up with high volume will be my dream entry, roll down from here I will not feel good for da bears.

Your dream short entry?
Yes, counter trend entry.
99er

Post by 99er »

Ski Jumping

The still: SPX http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/12/spx_8838.html

The video:

Edit:

The jump will wait. Meanwhile...some snowboarding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VvUREpi ... re=related
Last edited by 99er on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KENA

Post by KENA »

We may have to wait until Thur/Fri for a change.I'm still waiting this is not much of a trading mkt.We may have lots of fun in Jan. Lets see.Don't listen to the cheer leaders out there.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

2 small legs up, as I said, bulls cannot fail here.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
bonzodon

Post by bonzodon »

hi Jarbo,
How do you trade? what is your trading stratedgy? you seems to be in the options. what options and durations you trade them...
This will help me to relate to you.
Luckily market is open today and no office so i could really post here....

Thanks,
jarbo456 wrote:
tdo722 wrote:

waverider

Post by waverider »

Where are the boys? I think this is the lowest volume monday of the year... :roll:
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Yellow lines, see RSI >50 not bad, don't want to drip down there, MACD not looking good here.
Attachments
spy.JPG
SB73

Post by SB73 »

waverider wrote:Where are the boys? I think this is the lowest volume monday of the year... :roll:
Volume is totally gone. If Waddell and Reed executed a short here we would have a flash crash.
uempel

Post by uempel »

uempel wrote:15 min chart shows a signal in the afternoon. SPX' action until then? I have no idea. Breakout to the upside in order to pull in bears? Or vice versa? My guess is a sideways move and then a liftoff. But it's a mere guess...
2.png
Signal is at 13.45 pm or 14.00 pm...
silicon_beaver

Post by silicon_beaver »

SB73 wrote:
waverider wrote:Where are the boys? I think this is the lowest volume monday of the year... :roll:
Volume is totally gone. If Waddell and Reed executed a short here we would have a flash crash.

No vol means high cost for bear, Cobra mentioned.
KENA

Post by KENA »

Here is something to chew on..Since Oct/Nov 2010 to now we have been buiding a H & S Pattern on the NYA Monthly chart.It is now just about complete.Thing to remember is long time building and if it breakes to the dn side it will be a long time going dn.If so, long live the Perma Bears. 2012 will be in trouble..Lets wait and see.Take note BB52x and others. Let me know what you think.
dumamay

Post by dumamay »

They are in the Bahama's for the week.
SB73

Post by SB73 »

silicon_beaver wrote:
SB73 wrote:

No vol means high cost for bear, Cobra mentioned.
Are you still short or did you cover. I am sitting this one out. If I am really disciplined I won't trade until January.
Seawaves

Post by Seawaves »

forget about TA, FA or whatever A,
just nobriain buy buy buy, till next year! :mrgreen: