Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

12/28/2011 Intraday watering

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 12/28/2011 Intraday watering

Post by Cobra »

look at the support again. normally, bears can only make 5 red hourly bars, so although I don't see the selling is over but, you should beware this 5 red bars rule.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

bullybear wrote:
waverider wrote:
Looks like we may be testing 1220 in the in the next day or two or three. /ES holding nicely below the 987 ema lol! Looks like exhaustion unfortunately.
But... only temporary exhaustion :D

Bull race car can't go far without tire :lol:
bull_no_tires.jpg
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

johnnywa

Post by johnnywa »

SPY getting hit some more and dollar keeps climbing
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

Cobra wrote:look at the support again. normally, bears can only make 5 red hourly bars, so although I don't see the selling is over but, you should beware this 5 red bars rule.
Cobra: i got 6 on spx so rebounce soon?
waverider

Post by waverider »

heavenskrow wrote:beautyful
Noice!
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Bears no rush, right now they are messing with the Bulls head, no fighting here that's weird, I know bulls will not give up this easy but look at my holding here why rush to cover if you'er in the money. but then again bulls can pull the over night surprise as needed. personally I think we see LOD
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
bullybear

Post by bullybear »

cougar wrote:
bullybear wrote:Here a minute chart (not my chart) in the public domain... can't post my charts because they propritary. This chart is really close to one of my charts... with a little study and little tweeking can be made resistance to whipsaw. See current parameters and tweek as needed -- can be used as is -- study, useage and longivity makes $ :ugeek:
minute_chart.png
“bullybear”: when you say…”can't post my charts because they propritary”, do you mean that you engineered your strategies and you don’t want to show them to other people, or that you bought them from someone else and he won’t let you publish them?
==============
Just curious…
Actually, from a very old old friend -- we use to chart individual issues with pencil and ruler growing up at 12 years old -- that was in 1972... using William O Neil chartbooks :lol: He developed the programs... only about 200 exist today. A few are very close to select parameters found in common charting such as stock charts is what I've figured out. Over the years he has made updates and improvements -- the majority are so complex I have not a clue as to what makes it tick. My personal agreement with him not to share or make public.
knock

Post by knock »

Can anyone comment on VXX? It seems overbought. Not sure to hold or not. Thanks!
janez

Post by janez »

Anyone considering long here?
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

LOD won't come until 3:30PM EST IMO.
BullBear52x wrote:Bears no rush, right now they are messing with the Bulls head, no fighting here that's weird, I know bulls will not give up this easy but look at my holding here why rush to cover if you'er in the money. but then again bulls can pull the over night surprise as needed. personally I think we see LOD
heavenskrow

Post by heavenskrow »

knock wrote:Can anyone comment on VXX? It seems overbought. Not sure to hold or not. Thanks!
ive been holding TVIX and still holding them atm.
At the moment, we broke back below the channel... and close to resistance.... Im using the hourly trendlines and another momentum indicator to time the selling of the trade... I don't put too much emphasis on the overbought/oversold because it can be like that for a long time.
heavenskrow

Post by heavenskrow »

Haha I love how zerohedge was making such a "superb" post on gold bouncing off the 200DMA and saying its a great entry.... while on the log charts we broke support a long time ago. Bias kills people.
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

heavenskrow wrote:Haha I love how zerohedge was making such a "superb" post on gold bouncing off the 200DMA and saying its a great entry.... while on the log charts we broke support a long time ago. Bias kills people.
You wouldn't believe the amount of crap zerohedge puts out and the amount of morons that follows. Many of them are on this very board. :)
cougar

Post by cougar »

bullybear wrote:
cougar wrote:
bullybear wrote:Here a minute chart (not my chart) in the public domain... can't post my charts because they propritary. This chart is really close to one of my charts... with a little study and little tweeking can be made resistance to whipsaw. See current parameters and tweek as needed -- can be used as is -- study, useage and longivity makes $ :ugeek:
minute_chart.png
“bullybear”: when you say…”can't post my charts because they propritary”, do you mean that you engineered your strategies and you don’t want to show them to other people, or that you bought them from someone else and he won’t let you publish them?
==============
Just curious…
Actually, from a very old old friend -- we use to chart individual issues with pencil and ruler growing up at 12 years old -- that was in 1972... using William O Neil chartbooks :lol: He developed the programs... only about 200 exist today. A few are very close to select parameters found in common charting such as stock charts is what I've figured out. Over the years he has made updates and improvements -- the majority are so complex I have not a clue as to what makes it tick. My personal agreement with him not to share or make public.
Thanks “bullybear”… I was curious because I also had this problem with some of my own work. Obviously, when you make public a method that works you run big risks like the generations (by the math-slaves of Da Boyz) of DAD algorithms (Detect And Destroy)!
Also some professionals who are sporadically visiting this blog (like someone called “AlphaHorn” or something like that…) post signals given by secret oscillators, without a legend… to lure us retailers into subscribing to their own site.

It is a pity that the exchange of ideas is inhibited…but these are the times…
Last edited by cougar on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

very small double bottom here. I don't think it's significant enough to call bottom, still expecting a 2nd leg down.
Attachments
1.png

dr659

Post by dr659 »

janez wrote:Anyone considering long here?
close 8-)
heavenskrow

Post by heavenskrow »

tdo722 wrote:
heavenskrow wrote:Haha I love how zerohedge was making such a "superb" post on gold bouncing off the 200DMA and saying its a great entry.... while on the log charts we broke support a long time ago. Bias kills people.
You wouldn't believe the amount of crap zerohedge puts out and the amount of morons that follows. Many of them are on this very board. :)
well I am one of those followers lol but I hate when everyone on there is absolutely sure on the outcome of gold and silver...when charts tell a different story.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Me XMan wrote:LOD won't come until 3:30PM EST IMO.
BullBear52x wrote:Bears no rush, right now they are messing with the Bulls head, no fighting here that's weird, I know bulls will not give up this easy but look at my holding here why rush to cover if you'er in the money. but then again bulls can pull the over night surprise as needed. personally I think we see LOD
be safe first, let the 50% run I might add to the evil side tomorrow or might end up cover all together who knows, in any cases I will be light into next week. don't want to ruin new year's eve party, ya know what I mean....
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
janez

Post by janez »

From Cobra yesterday's report: "But, according to the NORMAL top pattern, even today’s high was the high, chances are the high will be revisited soon within a very short time. The chart below illustrated, (again) NORMALLY, the fastest top pattern. So before seeing the very first meaningful pullback and then rebound to test the previous high (either with higher high or lower higher), I cannot prove the top was in yet."
knock

Post by knock »

heavenskrow wrote:
knock wrote:Can anyone comment on VXX? It seems overbought. Not sure to hold or not. Thanks!
ive been holding TVIX and still holding them atm.
At the moment, we broke back below the channel... and close to resistance.... Im using the hourly trendlines and another momentum indicator to time the selling of the trade... I don't put too much emphasis on the overbought/oversold because it can be like that for a long time.
As always, your insight is much appreciated!