Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/06/2012 Intraday Watering

johnnywa

Re: 01/06/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by johnnywa »

Cobra wrote:
lqiantobe wrote:Corba~ it seems it will open low, close high today, what do you think?
come on, we had a gap up today. it's just 60 min, you already forgot that we had a gap up? ;)
And which gap up r u talking about? Sarcastic
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

gabor wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
kaiboliu wrote:Why when EURO down so much the pass several days and stock is not going down at all? Anybody know why?
See DBV, we are just now give the sell on DBV. VIX need to pick up some speed here for bears.
I think EURUSD and SPX negativ correlation is a ongoing bubble and I suspect that hedge funds are blowing it. Selling EURO and buying SPX. I noticed several minute bars when SPX was straight up EURUSD straight down. Since USD strengthening and equity strengthening at the same time is an eco nonsence, the tension will break the trend of one or the other. This is a gradual overvaluation of equities even if the nominal prices remain the same.
There is rotation from emerging market to US market in a big way for sure. more liquidity here is better for us traders. we are now in sideways so it's hard to predict, I am favor strong dollar.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
rer

Post by rer »

BullBear52x wrote:I am shorting SSO here. very comfortable. now on my daytrade account evil side on EDC, FAS, TNA, SSO. let see how my day will end

Thanks for your comments and Good Luck...RER
noob

Post by noob »

Cobra wrote:
lqiantobe wrote:Corba~ it seems it will open low, close high today, what do you think?
come on, we had a gap up today. it's just 60 min, you already forgot that we had a gap up? ;)
Cobra, based on the open on SPX we had gap down today, based on es it's a gap up.
FinancePhD

Post by FinancePhD »

jarbo456 wrote:good place to buy crude with a tight stop for a week or so trade. add more on a higher high above 103.74.
I had position on OIL from $99 level. Will hold them till the end of Jan. Target set between 103.5 - 104.5
Last edited by FinancePhD on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stucap

Post by stucap »

FinancePhD wrote:
stucap wrote:
kaiboliu wrote:Why when EURO down so much the pass several days and stock is not going down at all? Anybody know why?
equity = dumb money. at some point, things will correct.
Dude, don't let big money cheat on you. The mainstream writers arguing bond market are smarter than equity market are just releasing smokes, when smart money are absorbing cheap chips.

Let me point some evidences for you:

1. Bunch of big sharks are accumulating MBS from Dec, 2011;

2. After shaking down some undetermined players, GOLD started to climb again;

3. The rally of BAC up to $6.35 yesterday and maintained $6.22 so far told us most chips between $5-$6 are already absorbed by big moneys.

a) I am big money (shhhh!)

b) MBS = Bill Gross --- read his notes on Pimco Total Return (tons of value here to those who can do the research)

c) Gold = Hedge funds offsetting metals gains against other losses to end the year (started ticking down everyone thinks i better do it now....)

d) BAC = banks are very cheap and after 2011 sector performance, why not take a chance?

e) You didn't provide any evidence as to why the Eur/Usd is decoupling?
HappyFriday

Post by HappyFriday »

Big rally is coming ...
Happy Friday
:lol: :lol: :lol:
dr659

Post by dr659 »

noob wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Cobra, based on the open on SPX we had gap down today, based on es it's a gap up.
What I see is we had a small gap up 8-)
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

noob wrote:
Cobra wrote:
The SPX open price is always wrong. this is due to NYSE tech reason. And this is why I use SPY instead of SPX. This is known issue for many many years. If you want to use candlestick chart don't use SPX, use SPY instead.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
FinancePhD

Post by FinancePhD »

stucap wrote:
FinancePhD wrote:
stucap wrote:
Dude, don't let big money cheat on you. The mainstream writers arguing bond market are smarter than equity market are just releasing smokes, when smart money are absorbing cheap chips.

3. The rally of BAC up to $6.35 yesterday and maintained $6.22 so far told us most chips between $5-$6 are already absorbed by big moneys.

a) I am big money (shhhh!)

b) MBS = Bill Gross --- read his notes on Pimco Total Return (tons of value here to those who can do the research)

c) Gold = Hedge funds offsetting metals gains against other losses to end the year (started ticking down everyone thinks i better do it now....)

d) BAC = banks are very cheap and after 2011 sector performance, why not take a chance?

e) You didn't provide any evidence as to why the Eur/Usd is decoupling?
QE3 would increase monetary base in US. And US equity price is highly correlated with the monetary base. Comparing with the liquidity effect, contagion effects from Europe is really marginal. At least, we see dual speed world several time before (Japan and US in the late 90s). For this reason, the decoupling is not hard to understand, right?
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
waverider

Post by waverider »

aud.png
AUD/JPY looks kinda trapped.
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
lqiantobe

Post by lqiantobe »

Cobra wrote:resistance. I still don't believe for the 3rd time we have sharp intraday reversal. :o
are you sure...it seems it comes again
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

STUCAP
Do u have a link to Bill’s notes from total return fund?
Thanks in advance
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

lqiantobe wrote:
Cobra wrote:resistance. I still don't believe for the 3rd time we have sharp intraday reversal. :o
are you sure...it seems it comes again
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=417&p=54658#p54646

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
mac769

Post by mac769 »

FinancePhD wrote:
stucap wrote:

QE3 will probably buy MBS, so this is why BAC is rallying, they can sell their junk to the FED and get rid of it
SB73

Post by SB73 »

I see a lot of reasons to short other than price. Price and I emphasize price keeps me from shorting this bad boy other than my morning scalp. Unless we break below today's low nothing will change for me.

Ignoring the fundamental jibberish
1- Bearish sentiment too low
2- Reversal of a reversal of a reversal of a reversal.....
3- Bearish seasonality today and Monday
4- Divergences on the hourly charts
5- Strong dollar
6- SPY decoupling from world indicies

Based on the last 10 years it looks like a relatively flat close similar to yesterday with a minor gap up on Monday.
laoguo

Post by laoguo »

EURO fund had 3 consecutive gap down in a row; anyone suggests at least a bounce?

BTW, it hits lower BB and outside of it, too.
Attachments
fxe3.jpg
jonerica

Post by jonerica »

Time & Spiral forecast for 2012, written 1st Jan.

Basically, it projects a bullish 2012 with the dreaded crash coming only later. Not in 2012 which many seem to believe.

http://timeandspiral.wordpress.com/2012 ... y-of-2012/
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

laoguo wrote:EURO fund had 3 consecutive gap down in a row; anyone suggests at least a bounce?

BTW, it hits lower BB and outside of it, too.
moderate BB crash trade will be in effect if it can close below the band. buy at close and wait for the bounce...

not for me...but that seems the best setup for this trade.