Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

03/03/2011 Intraday Watering

andyzaky

Re: 03/03/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by andyzaky »

THE START of ANOTHER 65 DAY RALLY?

Ok. So today looks no different than the start of every other multi-month rally we've had since August. This looks like first trading session in January, first trading session in September, first trading session in December first trading session in February. Hell this even looks like the exact bottom we had in the November correction.

After seeing this over and over and over and over again. What do we do now? What do the insane do?

The best trade to be made here is clearly on the long side and here's why. If you go long and you're right that this is just like every other beginning to these 60 day rallies, then you're in for a massive gain. You just long this shit until the first 150 down day.

Now lets suppose you're wrong. What's the worst case. If you see the market fall below last Thursday's low, then get the fuck out. Just sell your longs.

So risk/reward is where? A potential move to 1420 or 90 points+ gains versus a potential loss of 15-30 points. Hell if we get a harsh down day, then it's clear this isn't exactly the same because in the previous rallies we saw multi-day moves up up and away. So if tomorrow, the S&P is down 10 points, then GTFO.

So the risk / reward is CLEARLY to the upside right now. That's my 2 cents. Get long, and GTFO on the first sign of weakness.

My intuition tells me this market doesn't want to see any serious selling pressure until we test 1500 on the S&P 500. That should be around the end of QE2 and put in a triple top to this market.
zombiebraingoo

Post by zombiebraingoo »

Simsonic wrote:This is a melt up. Support is building for the bulls. If this holds and no new bad news from Libya, expect some explosive moves upwards.
:D
zombiebraingoo

Post by zombiebraingoo »

andyzaky wrote:THE START of ANOTHER 65 DAY RALLY?

My intuition tells me this market doesn't want to see any serious selling pressure until we test 1500 on the S&P 500. That should be around the end of QE2 and put in a triple top to this market.
I think we get a pullback in the may june time frame but you are right - triple top is a sure thing baring a suitcase nuke. :D
uempel

Post by uempel »

zombiebraingoo wrote:Every bull is aware that Gaddafi is at large and that he might play all kinds of games this weekend.
Gaddafi is doing exactly what he is supposed to do - drive the price of oil up and give the Pentagon a reason to expand our wars...

engineering chaos so as to provide a solution! Remember Bush met with and reconciled with Gaddfi - you can believe this was all started then and there.

On Monday, Gaddafi accomplished one of history's great diplomatic turnarounds when Secretary of State Condeleezza Rice announced that the U.S. was restoring full diplomatic relations with Libya

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... z1FYyKOYQw[/quote]

I guess you like conspiracy theories... So far Gaddafi and Bush never met. But they might meet some day. Mars believes they'll meet in heaven, pax alleges they'll meet in hell.
Last edited by uempel on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Another Possibility beside super Bullish version.
Attachments
Spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Funny, market pretends not to see oil up. Perhaps $150 oil is good news now?
Attachments
SPY5min.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
q2model

Post by q2model »

Cobra wrote:Funny, market pretends not to see oil up. Perhaps $150 oil is good news now?
Last time when the oil was 150, the stock market was all time high :-)
Simsonic

Post by Simsonic »

andyzaky wrote:THE START of ANOTHER 65 DAY RALLY?

Ok. So today looks no different than the start of every other multi-month rally we've had since August. This looks like first trading session in January, first trading session in September, first trading session in December first trading session in February. Hell this even looks like the exact bottom we had in the November correction.

After seeing this over and over and over and over again. What do we do now? What do the insane do?

The best trade to be made here is clearly on the long side and here's why. If you go long and you're right that this is just like every other beginning to these 60 day rallies, then you're in for a massive gain. You just long this shit until the first 150 down day.

Now lets suppose you're wrong. What's the worst case. If you see the market fall below last Thursday's low, then get the fuck out. Just sell your longs.

So risk/reward is where? A potential move to 1420 or 90 points+ gains versus a potential loss of 15-30 points. Hell if we get a harsh down day, then it's clear this isn't exactly the same because in the previous rallies we saw multi-day moves up up and away. So if tomorrow, the S&P is down 10 points, then GTFO.

So the risk / reward is CLEARLY to the upside right now. That's my 2 cents. Get long, and GTFO on the first sign of weakness.

I'm afraid I might have to agree with you!
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

IWM don't get exciting like the others.
Attachments
Spy.JPG
zombiebraingoo

Post by zombiebraingoo »

I guess you like conspiracy theories... So far Gaddafi and Bush never met. But they might meet some day. Mars believes they'll meet in heaven, pax alleges they'll meet in hell.
[/quote]

youre right Bush didn't meet with him but Rice did after Bush made nice with him. Same difference really for the purposes of getting the American People behind another military intervention since the jig is up on Irag, Afghanastan and Iran. The Problem Rection Solution model is still actively persued by the oligarchy to get fear based consensus in the US.

Rice visited Libya and met with Gaddafi as part of a North African tour...
http://www.google.com/search?q=Rice+vis ... nu&ie=&oe=
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

q2model wrote:
Cobra wrote:Funny, market pretends not to see oil up. Perhaps $150 oil is good news now?
Last time when the oil was 150, the stock market was all time high :-)
You got to be kidding me. Now the oil press is higher than when the SPX was at the all time high!
Attachments
2.png

99er

Post by 99er »

SPX
Well...an almost picture perfect Diamond.
http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/03/spx_1237.html
andyzaky

Post by andyzaky »

An interesting discussion today is in what ways is this day similar and which ways this day is different then every other start to these melt-up rallies we've seen since August. How is today really different? Is there some key difference. If there isn't, then today should signal a "get long bitches" day.
zombiebraingoo

Post by zombiebraingoo »

zombiebraingoo wrote:
youre right Bush didn't meet with him but Rice did after Bush made nice with him. Same difference really for the purposes of getting the American People behind another military intervention since the jig is up on Irag, Afghanastan and Iran. The Problem Rection Solution model is still actively persued by the oligarchy to get fear based consensus in the US.

and that's no theory!

Rice visited Libya and met with Gaddafi as part of a North African tour...
http://www.google.com/search?q=Rice+vis ... nu&ie=&oe=[/quote]
zombiebraingoo

Post by zombiebraingoo »

andyzaky wrote:An interesting discussion today is in what ways is this day similar and which ways this day is different then every other start to these melt-up rallies we've seen since August. How is today really different? Is there some key difference. If there isn't, then today should signal a "get long bitches" day.
the only difference is that all the indexes are stuck right now at long term resistence trendlines.

spx is slightly above and looks like it wants to move - the key is that none of my indicators are bearish really - a couple have dipped but are more whipsaw than down...

I be bullish but that's just me. :o 8-)
Attachments
ndx.png
andyzaky

Post by andyzaky »

The start of a new rally?
The start of a new rally?
zombiebraingoo wrote:
andyzaky wrote:An interesting discussion today is in what ways is this day similar and which ways this day is different then every other start to these melt-up rallies we've seen since August. How is today really different? Is there some key difference. If there isn't, then today should signal a "get long bitches" day.
the only difference is that all the indexes are stuck right now at long term resistence trendlines.

spx is slightly above and looks like it wants to move - the key is that none of my indicators are bearish really - a couple have dipped but are more whipsaw than down...

I be bullish but that's just me. :o 8-)
Agreed. Look at this. I think we're getting a rally ahead. One last massive QE2 rally before the storm in May / June.
zombiebraingoo

Post by zombiebraingoo »

yup - here it comes!
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

So bar under the same trend line.
SPY5min.png
The little bigger picture is to test the previous high now.
SPY15min.png

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

No doubt, critical juncture today. cash is king, save your ammo for big day to come.
ddd

Post by ddd »

People feel they will have to get used to it, until seeing $147, again.