Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/17/2012 Intraday Watering

SB73

Re: 01/17/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by SB73 »

Fade the gap is the play today. IMO Friday's low should be revisited.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

SB73 wrote:Fade the gap is the play today. IMO Friday's low should be revisited.
Big question is, when
Twitter @jackwag0n
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

testing support. the only thing I see is ChiOsc is a little too high, so maybe a further pullback is needed or at least a consolidation here.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
trendfollower

Post by trendfollower »

Article: "The Dollar, Weak Earnings Indicate A Top is Near for the S&P 500"

http://goo.gl/nZPuo
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Still holding 1/2 of a Pilot Short position. Have had an order in to bring it back to full this morning but price did not get hit (close).
If it executes later, it will have pretty tight stop.
Was hoping for big volume exhaustion gap above SPX 1300 but volume seems too light. So, advance may be managing to keep itself from getting overcooked.
Fishing for a correction into OPEX and an intermediate turn, but Pilot Short is getting burned out.
99er

Post by 99er »

ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

Cougar,

What are your thoughts on China? You've been spot on, calling for move up. Great call!
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

close look at support. RSP leads down but QQQ is strong. so I will wait to see how things unfold before making my next comment.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING KEIZAI
Thanks KeiZai for another excellent post
I have more Q and A for you but must wait for later….
Here’s the net AD ($NYAD) 5 min for you, “area” style, I like to watch it via $NYADV vs $NYDEC.
Also volume, net hi low and Trin… bla bla bla more later
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =253530436
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
waverider

Post by waverider »

The bulls can't even make two pushes after this gap, ugh I missed the move.
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
mozart

Post by mozart »

Toronto Gold Index is in the red, yet Gold and Silver are positive, perhaps anticipating something?
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

I still have hope for a down move... There is a negative aspect on Friday and over the weekend, so we could get a big down move on Fri and/or Monday next week. Jan 23 is a big turn date for crude and the markets. We will see what happens....
uempel

Post by uempel »

TraderGirl wrote:I still have hope for a down move... There is a negative aspect on Friday and over the weekend, so we could get a big down move on Fri and/or Monday next week. Jan 23 is a big turn date for crude and the markets. We will see what happens....
P&F may provide the answer: should SPX manage to close above 1297 today this market goes higher. I guess there will be a Bull/Bear fight all day and whoever wins at the close determines what will happen these next days.
daily.png
waverider

Post by waverider »

Financials are looking quite weak
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

Picking up some here and there everyday with huge gap up :D
uempel wrote:
Me XMan wrote:Is this shooting star thing?
uempel wrote:Some charts don't need comments :D
33.png
Don't care what it was TAwise, talking money it was tons of free cash lying there and I hope you picked up some of it...
44.png
cougar

Post by cougar »

ClarkW wrote:Cougar,

What are your thoughts on China? You've been spot on, calling for move up. Great call!
Thanx!
I think that the soft landing is very well orchestrated by the CC of the CCP! They should give some lessons to GS, Tim and the bernank on how to do it!
Right now, we have also the “Dragon New Year effect” which is also well engineered.
I am not sure that I will stay long after this coming Friday…I’ll keep you posted.
soku

Post by soku »

market is flat and noisy. not a good place to scalp. i am expecting a small reb, then read the tape over there
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

SPY new high near open… but VIX forgot to make a new low

PAGING NEWBIES:
Finally the folks who know something about HFT high frequency trading, bots, algos, computer trading programs, et. al., came out of the woodwork and started posting some startling info. (Check Friday’s board near and after the close… and if we’re very very lucky, they may post even more info).
I respectfully suggest u watch for posts on that topic by swalsh, dcurban1, stucap and others, and that you cut/paste them into a file to save and review later for better understanding.
IMHO that is the biggest factor that is controlling this current market, and we can’t afford to ignore it.
I don’t understand some of it either, but I do know that my little “wow check that volume spike” comments are quite pedestrian in comparison.

Here is 1 min update:
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =250028427

PS: Wow, check out the volume spike on 1 min….
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
L_T

Post by L_T »

Mongoose wrote:The Mafia -- A Winning Brand
http://www.sosimpresa.it/userFiles/File ... Stampa.pdf

I dont have time to translate this for the board, but this report writes the Mafia continues to be the largest economic agent in Italy, which affects nearly 7% of Italy´s economy.
Italian companies suffer 1300 crimes per day, almost 50 per hour, almost a crime every minute.

Anche in questa XIII edizione del Rapporto di Sos Impresa, Le mani della criminalità sulle imprese, possiamo affermare che la Mafia Spa si conferma come il più grande agente economico del Paese.
Una grande holding company articolata su un network criminale, fortemente intrecciato con la società, l’economia, la politica, in grado di muovere un fatturato che si aggira intorno ai 140 miliardi di euro con un utile che supera i 100 miliardi di euro al netto degli investimenti e degli accantonamenti, e 65 miliardi di euro di liquidità.
Il solo ramo commerciale della criminalità mafiosa e non, che incide direttamente sul mondo dell’impresa, sfiora i cento miliardi di euro, pari a circa il 7% del PIL nazionale.
Una massa enorme di denaro, quindi, che passa quotidianamente dalle tasche dei commercianti e degli imprenditori italiani a quelle dei mafiosi.
Di fatto, le imprese subiscono 1300 reati al giorno, praticamente 50 all’ora, quasi un reato ogni minuto.
Heh I don't speak Italian but I know "denaro" ha ha:

Una massa enorme di denaro
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

One thing missing, no one post SPX 1400 target, this board must be bear board. look at this candle make you go hmmm
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.