Re: 01/23/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by ukarlewitz »

Cobra:
VIX equity sell set up triggered.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Major wrote:
SWalsh wrote:14:57...TWO MASSIVE HFT QUOTE STUFFS!

This is criminal. I've gone to funerals of young men who died for this country for this crap. It makes me sick. This is almost assuredly with Fed involvement.
$25B nationwide mortgage deal goes to states
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... 7i-7BX_FVQ

Wonder if this is an excuse for the first volume explosion at 2:55. Above article not time stamped by Google but reference to it by Seeking Alpha shows time stamp of 2:53.
I saw that earlier than that but I have forgotten where. Appreciate it though.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

soku wrote:just share what i am reading. a friendly reminder, this guy is bearish for a while.
David Rosenberg agreed with this veiw point in today's missive:
I think Rosenberg is a solid economist. So is a young professor I know who has shown me that at SPX 500 the value is still too high. But the Fed doesn't care and only absolute mkt forces will stop that can they kick.
Last edited by SWalsh on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

jarbo456 wrote: SWalsh...i like you man, and i think you have some insightful posts, but dood, who spends their time actually writing this out? makes me go, "hmmmm...meds?"
I resemble that remark. :lol:

It was sent to me by a friend. I merely copy-and-pasted it. It seems to make perfect sense as to what took place in the former Soviet Union.

With the numbers of "For Sale" signs on my block of 3,500-5,000 sq ft homes for three years now, and in the neighborhood, and the number of guys I know out of work and of whom some went to work in Kuwait, telling me (with 1/3 of a Masters in economics) that this path is even neutral isn't believable. Some neighborhoods near me don't allow "For-Sale" signs up during the week as it's too depressing.

I used to be quite optimistic. But I have two recent college grads from one of the top schools in the country making 1/3rd and 1/2 what they would have 5 years ago. And they worry about their jobs.

And I don't need to learn how to farm. I have the weapons and training to steal food if "The Road" were to hit. :shock:

Besides, Farm on an acre and I'd only be feeding, or shooting, neighbors who said, "It can't happen here" (great book by Sinclar Lewis whose wife had interviewed Hitler and he wrote that and tried to send a warning of what was coming)
fehro

Post by fehro »

wedge backtest?... H&S shoulder? target 1298ish... if neckline breaks.
Attachments
Picture 24.png
kongen

Post by kongen »

SWalsh - would be better to spew your paranoia on one of the wacky conspiracy web-sites or with the tea-baggers.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

My EW count....this used to be worth a lot....now? Not so good. Machines don't have emotions:

P.S. Don't bet the farm on this....we need to grow vegetables :o
Attachments
Count_2012-01-23_1632.png
Last edited by SWalsh on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

Times are tough but don't go to the DARK SIDE SWalsh, it's hard to come back! I meet a lot of people in construction: Engineers, Sales, etc who ALWAYS compare today to 5 years ago. We all agree that was built on lies, that it was the extreme. So why compare the present to illogical extremes of 5 years ago? Sorry your son's expectations haven't been met but that's partly because of the false "rise" in the economy 5 years ago that was just out of their reach. If you and wife would have been better with your timing and had the kids a couple years earlier maybe they would have participated in that some ;)

Personally I live in St. Louis area and there aren't many 'For Sale' signs out. Florida or wherever you live is by no means the norm. Please remember that.

SWalsh wrote:
jarbo456 wrote: SWalsh...i like you man, and i think you have some insightful posts, but dood, who spends their time actually writing this out? makes me go, "hmmmm...meds?"
I resemble that remark. :lol:

It was sent to me by a friend. I merely copy-and-pasted it. It seems to make perfect sense as to what took place in the former Soviet Union.

With the numbers of "For Sale" signs on my block of 3,500-5,000 sq ft homes for three years now, and in the neighborhood, and the number of guys I know out of work and of whom some went to work in Kuwait, telling me (with 1/3 of a Masters in economics) that this path is even neutral isn't believable. Some neighborhoods near me don't allow "For-Sale" signs up during the week as it's too depressing.

I used to be quite optimistic. But I have two recent college grads from one of the top schools in the country making 1/3rd and 1/2 what they would have 5 years ago. And they worry about their jobs.

And I don't need to learn how to farm. I have the weapons and training to steal food if "The Road" were to hit. :shock:

Besides, Farm on an acre and I'd only be feeding, or shooting, neighbors who said, "It can't happen here" (great book by Sinclar Lewis whose wife had interviewed Hitler and he wrote that and tried to send a warning of what was coming)
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

fehro wrote:wedge backtest?... H&S shoulder? target 1298ish... if neckline breaks.
It's also what I've been looking at.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

ClarkW wrote:If you and wife would have been better with your timing and had the kids a couple years earlier maybe they would have participated in that some ;)
I'm thinking of how to phrase THAT ONE to the kids...LOL

How's this, "If your mother had drank more Southern Comfort (she didn't) when she was younger you kids would be making more money now!"
I meet a lot of people in construction: Engineers, Sales, etc who ALWAYS compare today to 5 years ago. We all agree that was built on lies, that it was the extreme. So why compare the present to illogical extremes of 5 years ago?
My brother has been a civil engineer in NJ (covering the area across from Manhattan) and in 35 years of being in that area has never seen anything like this. So his comparison is not to a few years ago which were pretty good. He's losing bids to other firms that are made under his costs as they want to keep machinery moving and/or leased, pay a skeleton crew, and try to over-bill or default. This was Jim McGreevy's state. You can can drive the big Hummer, hand a guy $60,000 for his work, and stop the check while doing business under another name the next day. A guy my brother knew for 15 years did that to his firm last year. Without debtor's prison, construction work, at least in NJ, is very difficult to operate and cover your tail.
Last edited by SWalsh on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

:lol: That's funny!
SWalsh wrote:
ClarkW wrote:If you and wife would have been better with your timing and had the kids a couple years earlier maybe they would have participated in that some ;)
I'm thinking of how to phrase THAT ONE to the kids...LOL

How's this, "If your mother had drank more Southern Comfort (she didn't) when she was younger you kids would be making more money now!"
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

ukarlewitz@yahoo.com wrote:Cobra:
VIX equity sell set up triggered.
Yes, I saw that.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

kongen wrote:SWalsh - would be better to spew your paranoia on one of the wacky conspiracy web-sites or with the tea-baggers.
kongen wrote:SWalsh - would be better to spew your paranoia on one of the wacky conspiracy web-sites or with the tea-baggers.
Well aren't you a lovely, warm individual, contributing nothing with your 2nd post. What's wrong, many bad days?

You are no longer allowed to read my postings. Not a chart or an economic opinion. Anyone tossing around "tea-bagger" is a loser by definition.

Feel free to reply, but I think it should be privately. In fact, we could meet and have a drink.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

There is a rounding pattern the mkt is still considering. This was shown to me by a gentleman named steveo in Hawaii. Until this takes out 1340, under this time-tested methodology, we could be topping:
Attachments
Egg_2012-01-23_1815.png
trendfollower

Post by trendfollower »

Useful tool I found:

http://goo.gl/TK01h
bushwaffle

Post by bushwaffle »

SWalsh wrote:
Well aren't you a lovely, warm individual, contributing nothing with your 2nd post. What's wrong, many bad days?

You are no longer allowed to read my postings. Not a chart or an economic opinion. Anyone tossing around "tea-bagger" is a loser by definition.

Feel free to reply, but I think it should be privately. In fact, we could meet and have a drink.
-Kongen- added to FOE list for comments unbecoming Cobra's Forum....check.
bushwaffle

Post by bushwaffle »

SWalsh wrote:There is a rounding pattern the mkt is still considering. This was shown to me by a gentleman named steveo in Hawaii. Until this takes out 1340, under this time-tested methodology, we could be topping:
how far must price move past the ellipse for it to no longer be valid?
thanos

Post by thanos »

SWalsh wrote:There is a rounding pattern the mkt is still considering. This was shown to me by a gentleman named steveo in Hawaii. Until this takes out 1340, under this time-tested methodology, we could be topping:
Are you sure that isn't Steve O's nuts after one of his crazy stunts? You might have been duped!
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

bushwaffle wrote:
how far must price move past the ellipse for it to no longer be valid?
steveo (he trades part-time and puts a post up every day or two) has done thousands of these over the years, he said. The best ones, I'm told, are about 75% stronger of a turn) and have a few penetration that then wear you out waiting and then going sideways before then turn. Look at the lower one and how fast it moved. I think the high here is about 1340. At that point it's broken. I have learned when I see these to draw them, but it is part art form, so to say. I've been looking at them for about 3 months and I have to say they have merit so far.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

TraderGirl had something similar. A friend of mine showed me Tom Laundry's T-Theory. Wish I had jumped on the low!
Attachments
T-Theory_2012-01-24_0626.png