Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/24/2012 Intraday Watering

cougar

Re: 01/24/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by cougar »

AAPL: according to some calculations, putative amplitude of the after ER moves > ~$23.
Attachments
AAPL.GIF
uempel

Post by uempel »

Great chart, great Judy!
wishful

Post by wishful »

Cobra wrote:still not good enough.
since RUT/IWM is strong today, guess we'll breakout finally? too bad I'm on wrong side... :o
Last edited by wishful on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

uempel wrote:
Great chart, great Judy!
all i saw was WAR!
and that BIG stick on 5 min VIX
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Been recently getting interested in the cyclical aspects of the market (Bradley, Armstrong, etc), so just trying to expand my knowledge in the space.

Much thanks![/quote]

I follow a lot of different people and try to take what works from each person. Merriman calls a lot of good turns. Some of them have not been so effective because of this market run-up, but there are other forces that won't allow a market to correct. I believe in "time" more than price for turns. Sometimes all of a sudden sentiment can change on a dime, those are from underlying cycle/astro events. Bradley dates are not 100%, but they do sometimes call turns in particular indexes/markets, and sometimes the market direction. My previous call for the last major Bradley turn date of 12/28/2011 was that it could turn 7-8 days prior to 12/28, because there was another turn around that date, and it did turn on Dec 20.

I usually take multiple dates and directions, and correlate to the current market conditions. Like Silver and Oil, yesterday and today was a turn date, but it may turn back up with the market this week, then fall next week with the market, if it starts to sell off.[/quote]

Another thing I wanted to say was that even though yesterday/today was a turn date, Weds and Thurs has a Venus/Moon conjunction, so that can be a positive aspect that could potentially hold the market up before it finally turns down, so you have to look at all conditions...
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

still under trend line pressure, not a strong breakout. 27 min to close.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Travelfrog

Post by Travelfrog »

Isn't 28th Jan the next Bradley turn date?
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

UEMPEL
See how that 1 min volume stick was red, and TNX red-ish
VIX green, tick green
Internals suck today, however nyadv and nydec both suggested whipsaws ALL DAY LONG (neither gained dominance >2000…….YET)

Judy 4 u http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT0ms9Ud ... re=related
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
dr659

Post by dr659 »

Cobra wrote:still under trend line pressure, not a strong breakout. 27 min to close.
I take it that you think it could break in either direction?( Your Targets) Will that play into tomorrow?
juankim

Post by juankim »

I follow a lot of different people and try to take what works from each person. Merriman calls a lot of good turns. Some of them have not been so effective because of this market run-up, but there are other forces that won't allow a market to correct. I believe in "time" more than price for turns. Sometimes all of a sudden sentiment can change on a dime, those are from underlying cycle/astro events. Bradley dates are not 100%, but they do sometimes call turns in particular indexes/markets, and sometimes the market direction. My previous call for the last major Bradley turn date of 12/28/2011 was that it could turn 7-8 days prior to 12/28, because there was another turn around that date, and it did turn on Dec 20.

I usually take multiple dates and directions, and correlate to the current market conditions. Like Silver and Oil, yesterday and today was a turn date, but it may turn back up with the market this week, then fall next week with the market, if it starts to sell off.[/quote]

Another thing I wanted to say was that even though yesterday/today was a turn date, Weds and Thurs has a Venus/Moon conjunction, so that can be a positive aspect that could potentially hold the market up before it finally turns down, so you have to look at all conditions...[/quote]

Thanks TraderGirl,

That's what's so confusing about all these turning dates... more of an 'art' than 'science' to the uninitiated :? I've been trying to map some Fib based sequences and with several key turning date pairs, the multiple projections start overlapping.. and then throw in Bradley and Astro-based dates into the mix and viola - a heady brew of massive confusion,,,, at least for this novice :cry:

Please keep posting your thoughts/analysis on turndates. It's helping me to gradually get a feel for the whole 'art'.

Thanks!
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Travelfrog wrote:Isn't 28th Jan the next Bradley turn date?
Yes it is, you have turn dates of Jan 23/24, and Bradley turn date on 28th, so that is why we could see a turn down on Monday of next week...??? We will see....
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

trend line support. too bad it's not a valid ascending triangle and valid breakout. 19 min to close, so I have no idea now.
Attachments
1.png

SB73

Post by SB73 »

wishful wrote:
Cobra wrote:still not good enough.
since RUT/IWM is strong today, get we'll breakout finally? too bad I'm on wrong side... :o
Small caps and emerging markets are stronger today.
SB73

Post by SB73 »

Cobra wrote:trend line support. too bad it's not a valid ascending triangle and valid breakout. 19 min to close, so I have no idea now.
Cobra any thoughts on a lower high and lower low or view as consolidation. I still think we chop to 1300 before breaking higher.
Xian

Post by Xian »

Geez, look at AAPL! Does somebody know something? Has something BAD leaked out?
fehro

Post by fehro »

watch 1310ish.... could get a channel break... or gap down tomorrow..
Attachments
sc-5.png
uempel

Post by uempel »

Al_Dente wrote:UEMPEL
See how that 1 min volume stick was red, and TNX red-ish
VIX green, tick green
Internals suck today, however nyadv and nydec both suggested whipsaws ALL DAY LONG (neither gained dominance >2000…….YET)

Judy 4 u http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT0ms9Ud ... re=related
Everybody is bracing for tomorrow, don't know if State of the Union will have an impact, but Fed statement might. I've got a nice signal on the daily for tomorrow. Didn't trade today, saw no real edge. Here latest update:
nn.png
dcurban1

Post by dcurban1 »

juankim wrote:I follow a lot of different people and try to take what works from each person. Merriman calls a lot of good turns. Some of them have not been so effective because of this market run-up, but there are other forces that won't allow a market to correct. I believe in "time" more than price for turns. Sometimes all of a sudden sentiment can change on a dime, those are from underlying cycle/astro events. Bradley dates are not 100%, but they do sometimes call turns in particular indexes/markets, and sometimes the market direction. My previous call for the last major Bradley turn date of 12/28/2011 was that it could turn 7-8 days prior to 12/28, because there was another turn around that date, and it did turn on Dec 20.

I usually take multiple dates and directions, and correlate to the current market conditions. Like Silver and Oil, yesterday and today was a turn date, but it may turn back up with the market this week, then fall next week with the market, if it starts to sell off.
Another thing I wanted to say was that even though yesterday/today was a turn date, Weds and Thurs has a Venus/Moon conjunction, so that can be a positive aspect that could potentially hold the market up before it finally turns down, so you have to look at all conditions...[/quote]

Thanks TraderGirl,

That's what's so confusing about all these turning dates... more of an 'art' than 'science' to the uninitiated :? I've been trying to map some Fib based sequences and with several key turning date pairs, the multiple projections start overlapping.. and then throw in Bradley and Astro-based dates into the mix and viola - a heady brew of massive confusion,,,, at least for this novice :cry:

Please keep posting your thoughts/analysis on turndates. It's helping me to gradually get a feel for the whole 'art'.

Thanks![/quote]
Turn dates are an art in itself. You really need to 'feel' how it fits together with the market and remember that it is not absolute but a guide.

I have this rally continuing until the middle of March then a turn with the market trending lower into next year.

When I put it together with newsflow and potential events it begins to make more sense and you can see the hurdles that may trip up the market.

Even now I do not put myself 100% behind it because in the words of Jim Morrison, "The future's uncertain and the end is always near." Events can change.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

SB73 wrote:
Cobra wrote:trend line support. too bad it's not a valid ascending triangle and valid breakout. 19 min to close, so I have no idea now.
Cobra any thoughts on a lower high and lower low or view as consolidation. I still think we chop to 1300 before breaking higher.
pattern too small, even this is the top, the pullback won't be large.

jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

is there a sloppy H&S on aapl? anyone following aapl on a daily basis want to comment...