Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/30/2012 Intraday Watering

Cobra
Site Admin

01/30/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by Cobra »

Huge gap down below Friday's low so chances are the gap won't be filled.

The Global ES is much clear, the current support has been tested many times. We all know the more a support being tested the less likely it'd hold, so bulls need pray here. Let's see.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Me XMan

Re: 01/30/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by Me XMan »

YEAH! BABY! Just like what I had in mind last Friday.
cougar

Post by cougar »

Good morning!
My SPX support levels: 1293 and 1285
Attachments
SPX.GIF
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

gm
“The Quiet Driver of Economic Growth: Exports”
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/ ... s&emc=tha2
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
cougar

Post by cougar »

Just one more thing:
Paging SOKU! Answers to your questions on Friday afternoon:

1. Yes…I would like to thank you and acknowledge the fact that you were the first to mention AMLN on this blog on Thursday.
2. The game to be played from now on, is not that simple… I have 2 coinciding first targets on these 2 daily charts, by using different TA approaches. IMHO, the behavior of AMLN in that zone would be worth watching.
================
Fundamentals to be considered:
The surprise factor is not overwhelming.
How much will they sell per year? Are they ready for it?…The most optimistic calculations projected into price/share take IMLN to ~$33, in at least a year time.
Can they compete with Novo Nordisk (NVO), a company ahead of them in this game?
Is AMLN a “one trick pony“ or their combination of leptin and amylin analogs (to be used for the treatment of obesity) can be taken seriously?
And finally: are they closer to being an acquisition target? What will be the move of some “investor-activists”, like K.I., who own big positions?

================
My views are not an advise!
Good luck to whoever is interested in it!
Attachments
AMLND.GIF
AMLNPERR.GIF
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the open. a little too stretched, so might rebound or at least consolidation here.
Attachments
1.png

TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Finally!!! Today actually has positive astro aspects, and Tuesday and Wednesday have more negative astro's. Thurs/Fri we could see a bounce up, because Fri has positive aspects. Will probably take profits on Tues/Weds, then re-load on Fri/Mon... we will see...
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

target.
Attachments
1.png

TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Did anyone buy TVIX last friday???
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

My SPX target is 1270
cougar wrote:Good morning!
My SPX support levels: 1293 and 1285
L_T

Post by L_T »

TraderGirl wrote:Did anyone buy TVIX last friday???
I was happy to close out some longs into strength on Friday. No way was I going to front run that. It could have just as easily been down 7%+ today (like the last 2 months running!) as it is up 7% right now.
TWT

Post by TWT »

SPX: Projected target second leg down = 1298.37
Attachments
spx 5 min.png
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

L_T wrote:
I was happy to close out some longs into strength on Friday. No way was I going to front run that. It could have just as easily been down 7%+ today (like the last 2 months running!) as it is up 7% right now.
I might pick some up on Friday....
EvilTrader

Post by EvilTrader »

Well folks...

seems like we were right about the neg divergences .... I am full levereged short...let´s wait for the time to take some profits from the table....

probably not today...too strong upmove, and now a strong impulse down...so it is rational to expect more to the downside...perhaps MUCH MORE :mrgreen:

Cheers !
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

I post these bond charts every weekend; they are real snoozers. Here’s why they are IMPORTANT this week.
The bond market is telling us (almost screaming) that money is moving into short term treasuries (traditionally a parking place for funds awaiting investment), 10 yr treasury notes, 20s TLT, 30 yr bonds, and muni bonds.

I don’t care why, all I know is that it will be A FREAK OF NATURE for a spy rally to continue if all this money continues
pouring into bills/notes/bonds, and NOT into stocks.
That statement is arguable, as we still have plenty of stock sold short (about 10 billion shares more??) and available for buys-to-cover-shorts, and we still have program trading, each/both could propel the mkt higher at any time. But the real money appears to be flooding into the bond mkt.

Chartists will know if the spikes across all bond maturities are just flags or corrections or more… Soooo, anyone who posts charts on bills/notes/bond futures or any other bond info, which usually puts us to sleep, WILL HAVE OUR FULL ATTENTION THIS WEEK….
(See pink circles as of Friday’s close; it is continuing today, note gap TLT this morn).
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$SPX&p ... =245064294

PS: Anyone have Trimtabs latest data on money flow into bond funds?
PPS: Check cobra’s overnight page for more info on bonds….sorry, I can’t post anything from cobra’s subscription page here…
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
soku

Post by soku »

i guess today's tune is kiss and bye 1300. since we gap down significantly, we may see a reb. vol was thin around 1300 which makes it is hard to def.
when market top out? my experience says whenever i see those newbies show up at online boards, and yelling econ 101 works, common sense works. bear in mind, annualized return for the past decade was 2.8% if you buy and hold.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
SB73

Post by SB73 »

Interesting that many targets point to the sell off ending here when on the daily the MACD just rolled over with a divergence. Should be interesting. I am staying nimble as I am unconvinced until I see an effort at rebound. UNG has an interesting chart. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a move the mid 6's.

Finally, for those who remember my gap studies I thought it may be difficult for bulls to get another significant gap up > 1% before the bears were able to get the gap down of more than 1%. It looks like today the bears eeked one out.

Cobra, we should already be talking about MAD after MDD :lol:
L_T

Post by L_T »

TraderGirl wrote:
L_T wrote:
I might pick some up on Friday....
I would personally want to see a close or two above a short-term MA which would serve as a minimalistic bottom pattern. I use the 9 period EMA but I have seen 5 or 7 or 10 or whatever. Looking at a daily it hasn't had 2 consecutive closes above the 9 period EMA since November.
Attachments
ScreenShot015.jpg
soku

Post by soku »

cougar wrote:Just one more thing:
Paging SOKU! Answers to your questions on Friday afternoon:

1. Yes…I would like to thank you and acknowledge the fact that you were the first to mention AMLN on this blog on Thursday.
2. The game to be played from now on, is not that simple… I have 2 coinciding first targets on these 2 daily charts, by using different TA approaches. IMHO, the behavior of AMLN in that zone would be worth watching.
================
Fundamentals to be considered:
The surprise factor is not overwhelming.
How much will they sell per year? Are they ready for it?…The most optimistic calculations projected into price/share take IMLN to ~$33, in at least a year time.
Can they compete with Novo Nordisk (NVO), a company ahead of them in this game?
Is AMLN a “one trick pony“ or their combination of leptin and amylin analogs (to be used for the treatment of obesity) can be taken seriously?
And finally: are they closer to being an acquisition target? What will be the move of some “investor-activists”, like K.I., who own big positions?

================
My views are not an advise!
Good luck to whoever is interested in it!
thanks man. very insightful. i always want to know and utilize people's specialty. :D :D :D
1 year is way too long for me. i need to lock in profit like yesterday. i am also targeting the high 14 low 15 area.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

nothing to say, here's the support. and RSP lags, so maybe not very bad for bulls.
Attachments
1.png