Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/01/2012 Intraday Watering

Me XMan

Re: 02/01/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by Me XMan »

Bulls are running out of time :)
Cobra wrote:well, guess that's it for today. bulls are on the way to test the 01/26 highs as I mentioned last night, so from now on, no failure allowed for bulls, must a decisive higher high. Let's see. Thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow. Oh, target reached, by the way.
SigmaEcho

Post by SigmaEcho »

SWalsh wrote:BIG HITS!

Any questions yet who runs the price here? Crisis = opportunity and they sure did take advantage of the 2008 crisis!
Imo, "They" create crisis in peoples mind in order to take advantage.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

4.3 million last buy on IWM
Twitter @jackwag0n
L_T

Post by L_T »

Petsamo wrote:
L_T wrote:
gabor wrote:Nasty up will be tomorrow. May be with a huge gap. I do not think that the market will turn back before testing 52-week high.
Paging Petsamo: what does your spreadsheet say about gap up or down stats here?
44.6% probability of a gap up. Remember, we've been selling the gap ups and buying the gap downs. Today was a rare exception.
Thanks for the info!
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

UNG double bottom? what a crap, too many good folks want to own it looks like.

Thanks Cobra and everyone, GLTA

TA note: it's all about risk reward here is RHNYA, a little high would you think?
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
millie

Post by millie »

europe closed at HOD cash session, so gap dowm tomoz? And do you ever cross refer that when looking for clues for US markets direction please?
Thanks a million btwmillie

Private message
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

If this was a failed 5th wave up here, which is usually the way a mkt extreme ends, then the wave should be at least 100% retraced in less time to form. IOW. 130 puts might do quite well by Friday's close and they are only 10 cents.
Attachments
2012-02-01_1612.png
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
Unique

Post by Unique »

soku wrote:bill gross is a little Ron Paulish :D
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/im-bill-g ... -president

i didn't vote last time because i knew i would not win and i don't want to just vote for the winner. i don't think i will vote this time either. u know what i mean :D
Presidents are selected, not elected.

If they don't do that they are told, they get JFKed, Lincoln'd and Jackson'd
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

L_T wrote:
Petsamo wrote:
L_T wrote:
gabor wrote:Nasty up will be tomorrow. May be with a huge gap. I do not think that the market will turn back before testing 52-week high.
44.6% probability of a gap up. Remember, we've been selling the gap ups and buying the gap downs. Today was a rare exception.
Thanks for the info!
Not a problem. I wish I knew what to do with my own info. These days it's a crap shoot.
Twitter @jackwag0n
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

BullBear52x wrote:UNG double bottom? what a crap, too many good folks want to own it looks like.

TA note: it's all about risk reward here is RHNYA, a little high would you think?
If it gaps down tomorrow, I add to my 150 shares at $4.50
Twitter @jackwag0n
gabor

Post by gabor »

No stat, just a feeling of gap up.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Unique wrote:
soku wrote:bill gross is a little Ron Paulish :D
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/im-bill-g ... -president

i didn't vote last time because i knew i would not win and i don't want to just vote for the winner. i don't think i will vote this time either. u know what i mean :D
Presidents are selected, not elected.

If they don't do that they are told, they get JFKed, Lincoln'd and Jackson'd
Jesse Jackson is not the president now...that's 2016 :o
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
TWT

Post by TWT »

ES Glob: For globex "watchers" bears need a move below 1317.50 Today´s hod should be (B) of Triangle or Flat
Attachments
ES 15 MIN.png
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

BullBear52x wrote:UNG double bottom? what a crap, too many good folks want to own it looks like.

I agree BullBear52x. Here's showing what happened in the past year at this level (just adding to your chart)
Attachments
NYSE High-Low 02.01.12.png
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

gabor wrote:Paging Petsamo: what does your spreadsheet say about gap up or down stats here?

No stat, just a feeling of gap up.
My personal feeling? Gap down. Everything's seems to be sitting too high. They might take profits.
Twitter @jackwag0n
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

millie wrote:europe closed at HOD cash session, so gap dowm tomoz? And do you ever cross refer that when looking for clues for US markets direction please?
Thanks a million btw
if foreign mkts are up it kind of depends upon whether they caught up to what we did, or exceeded it. If we close where we were when they closed and they are up 1-1.5% there's very little chance we are opening lower from my casual observation. Plus, the futures run all night to point to that.
lazytrader

Post by lazytrader »

Can any EW experts tell me...if the wave structure on the link below makes any sense..

https://www.tradingview.com/v/JjIzRqhu

FYI, software draws EW structure on a click
millie

Post by millie »

I seem to remember cobra stats were: close hod , gaps down etc and vice versa when closed at lod , for us markets.
Europe occasionally obliges these stats. We now have 2 small ftse cash gaps up and a dax here , the action today looks weak? with dow closing at cash open.
Now short and wondering if a possible third gap up n run is poss? FTSE and DAX wise, thx.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

lazytrader wrote:Can any EW experts tell me...if the wave structure on the link below makes any sense..

https://www.tradingview.com/v/JjIzRqhu

FYI, software draws EW structure on a click
I don't believe there is an EW "expert" with an enigmatic theory in a world run by computers with free reign and the Fed, but I'll give it a shot.

There are no programs out there that do not routinely violate rules. Yes, sometimes it can catch a run of an unaltered mkt and make a decent stab at it, but the mkt now is like trying to label thinly traded individual stocks years ago....the public participation isn't there against their manipulation to provide what RN Elliott first discovered.

Here's what I have. All I'm sure of is that the far left side of the chart has a high that's an A wave, a B wave to follow down, and a failed 5th of wave C. Whether that is really wave (2), which EWI is clinging to, is up for grabs. I think NDX has violated it, but again, it's hard to know what is what these days with computers running the show. They are the trend.

Caveat Emptor: There is not much room left for this count to remain correct, although the beauty (horror) of EW is that you can usually find a labeling you like unless it is a clear 5-3-5 ZZ down these days. Those seem to always work.
Attachments
count_2012-02-01_2343.png
lazytrader

Post by lazytrader »

Thanks a lot for taking time and explaining....I was trying to see if it makes any sense..mainly to keep human bias aside..

I always found it hard with EW counts..Its hard to find good EW chartists too...they are either too bullish or bearish..

Thanks!! Have a good day!