Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/07/2012 Intraday Watering

fehro

Re: 02/07/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by fehro »

another small broading top within the larger one?
Attachments
Picture 37.png
Last edited by fehro on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SB73

Post by SB73 »

Cobra wrote:
fehro wrote:
Cobra wrote:all of sudden a renewed strength, what the news?
The latest consumer credit numbers were just released. During December consumer credit spiked to $19.3 billion, which is far greater than the $8.5 billion that had been expected, on average, among economists polled by Briefing.com.
I see, thanks. :lol:
Bulls thinking monster gap tomorrow AM. I pulled remaining longs off the table. Totally in cash now. I think it may play out this simple. Gap up...go long and ride it, Gap down can the bulls reverse it again? Not playing short side until strong signal.
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

Got short position $135. Gonna hold overnight.
SB73

Post by SB73 »

SB73 wrote:
Cobra wrote:
fehro wrote:
Cobra wrote:all of sudden a renewed strength, what the news?
The latest consumer credit numbers were just released. During December consumer credit spiked to $19.3 billion, which is far greater than the $8.5 billion that had been expected, on average, among economists polled by Briefing.com.
I see, thanks. :lol:
Bulls thinking monster gap tomorrow AM. I pulled remaining longs off the table. Totally in cash now. I think it may play out this simple. Gap up...go long and ride it, Gap down can the bulls reverse it again? Not playing short side until strong signal.
Wow I didn't know my sale of 200 SPY would tank the market so much...volume must be ultra thin :lol:
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Thanks quatzl and jarbo
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

rocket wrote:Cobra, attached is your Market Outlook from 10/28/2011. In this chart, the interesting thing is that whenever Eurozone rescue plans were announced market tanked afterwards. I know we only have 2 instances and not much statistical analysis to do on it. But maybe market is waiting the news headline from Greece. And whatever it is market will trun south after that.
actually, I really regret I didn't insist the target mentioned here. I drew this chart before the end of year 2011 and a guy cancelled the subscription on me immediately after seeing the chart, saying I'm too bullish biased. Well, I thought maybe I was too bullish biased so I ignored this chart. You know the fact is usually the chart pattern has the highest priority. Too bad. Usually the thing I don't want to believe the most, tells the truth... No excuse here, all my fault...
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

Me XMan wrote:Got short position $135. Gonna hold overnight.
Ballsy move
Twitter @jackwag0n
SB73

Post by SB73 »

Me XMan wrote:Got short position $135. Gonna hold overnight.
3 gaps down in a row...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
johnnywa

Post by johnnywa »

There all ready beating the 13k drum on CNBC
proteus46

Post by proteus46 »

imo, today is not the market top, but we're close
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

HFTAlert posted this short video of 14:22 time and what the machines were doing, but not trading, to move the market. If you want to control your positions with the risk you think is there then this practice of quote stuffing must be stopped. The SEC is strongly considering a time that the quote must remain in the system which will cut down on this practice and help to free the mkts from the manipulation you have been witnessing where they never have a losing day:

Click button to play...and then go to the online form below and demand the practice of 10,000 fictitious quotes at 10,000 a second be stopped:
http://www.hcmi.com/qs1/qs1.html

http://www.nanex.net/aqck/2804.HTML

Petition to stop this. NANEX, who first noticed the extent of this practice that was a well kept secret, is helping to make this happen.

http://www.nanex.net/Research/QuoteStuf ... anned.html

Please visit the NANEX site and click the links to ask the SEC to stop this practice or you will have no interest in the market as there will be none.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. no idea yet for tomorrow. I'll have to dig out something before blah blah. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
springheel_jack

Post by springheel_jack »

Negative RSI divergence on the 5 & 15min ES charts suggesting some retracement overnight is likely.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

long XME for overnight, 100 shares only
Twitter @jackwag0n
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

It's easier for me to post HFTAlert comments that are to the point that have people click links. This is to show you what you did not deal with until mid 2009 and which has become a nuisance as they will do anything and make most patterns immaterial.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

HFTAlert
these are machines trading at will--unless you adjust and are aware of their actions, ignore the last half hour $SPY
Feb. 7 at 3:50 PM
#
HFTAlert
especially the last half hour is algoville...don't think anything happening is caused by portfolio managers adjusting their holdings $SPY
Feb. 7 at 3:48 PM
#
HFTAlert
algos forced it down right at 3, then started buying. largest buy spike at 3:26 more followed

MY NOTE: This is not from a forum as there is none and this is not a solicitation. It comes from StickTwits and I believe you can subscribve just like Twitter, but I have not. I just keep his window open.
Last edited by SWalsh on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
springheel_jack

Post by springheel_jack »

SWalsh wrote:HFTAlert posted this short video of 14:22 time and what the machines were doing, but not trading, to move the market. If you want to control your positions with the risk you think is there then this practice of quote stuffing must be stopped. The SEC is strongly considering a time that the quote must remain in the system which will cut down on this practice and help to free the mkts from the manipulation you have been witnessing where they never have a losing day:

Click button to play...and then go to the online form below and demand the practice of 10,000 fictitious quotes at 10,000 a second be stopped:
http://www.hcmi.com/qs1/qs1.html

http://www.nanex.net/aqck/2804.HTML

Petition to stop this. NANEX, who first noticed the extent of this practice that was a well kept secret, is helping to make this happen.

http://www.nanex.net/Research/QuoteStuf ... anned.html

Please visit the NANEX site and click the links to ask the SEC to stop this practice or you will have no interest in the market as there will be none.
You might enjoy this post on HFT trading at slope by BDI:

http://slopeofhope.com/2012/02/the-borg ... .html#more
TWT

Post by TWT »

SPX: Maybe with a little luck an Ending Diagonal could complete the up leg off the December 19 low.

We shall see if we get the overlap below 1333.47 and the last wave (v) up withing the converging structure.
Attachments
SPX DAILY.png
soku

Post by soku »

div everywhere. the best case for bulls is to correct overnight, then rally tomorrow. the target you know is 1361. :D
support still at 1330-1331 es
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Tomorrow there could be exuberance about what happens with Greece....Looks like Cobra has a target of 1355ish...which could be met tomorrow...but do we begin to sell off later in the day...??

Feb 10th is still a turn date, supposed to be a big move...I am assuming down...but we will have to wait and see...could go either way with this market, but with the market about to hit new highs and considerable resistance around 1355, it has more chances of rolling over. Transports have been underperforming here, and utilities decoupled from the market on Dec 30th, utilities pulled back, while the rest of the market took off. Utilities sometimes taken as safe haven, now starting to bottom, and had a good day today. VIX and SPX both up, which can indicate a trend change. Chart comparing Transports and Utilities. Utilities finding bottom, transports finding a top...????
Attachments
Utilities 2 7.png
dcurban1

Post by dcurban1 »

TraderGirl wrote:Tomorrow there could be exuberance about what happens with Greece....Looks like Cobra has a target of 1355ish...which could be met tomorrow...but do we begin to sell off later in the day...??

Feb 10th is still a turn date, supposed to be a big move...I am assuming down...but we will have to wait and see...could go either way with this market, but with the market about to hit new highs and considerable resistance around 1355, it has more chances of rolling over. Transports have been underperforming here, and utilities decoupled from the market on Dec 30th, utilities pulled back, while the rest of the market took off. Utilities sometimes taken as safe haven, now starting to bottom, and had a good day today. VIX and SPX both up, which can indicate a trend change. Chart comparing Transports and Utilities. Utilities finding bottom, transports finding a top...????
I see a small turn date coming up that would turn down for about a week then another turn leading us to a top in mid-March. The mid-March turn date is the biggest one to me.