Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

03/08/2012 Intraday Watering

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 03/08/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by Cobra »

SB73 wrote:
Cobra wrote:breakout as I said, might see pullback or consolidation here first I guess.
Cobra,

Looks like 3 push up completed?
no, I don't read that way.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
jimme

Post by jimme »

This action is meant to scare the shorts right out of town. Im adding to my SMH puts right here. GLTA jimme
TWT

Post by TWT »

EURUSD: Thrust out of the Triangle

(thewavetrading)
Attachments
EUR 5 MIN.png
johnnywa

Post by johnnywa »

ok boys and girls lets run this up to 1370 and double down on shorts
btran874

Post by btran874 »

johnnywa wrote:ok boys and girls lets run this up to 1370 and double down on shorts
Why not 1380+? More fun :mrgreen:

http://www.thepatternsite.com/EWExpanded.html
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

There was a setup last night that has about 25 trades in 2 years. I can't post a chart as I helped someone else work on it and it's really their baby. It was developed, and has not changed, in January of 2011.

It involves an adaptable, but fairly steady, MA and Bollinger bands and a proprietary oscillator for divergences. It's not curve fitted and has 5 components to it for a trade to be signalled. 20 trades were winner and 5 broke even after the mkt first turned and a breakeven stop was put in after a move in a profitable direction of 2 SPY points.

The action that has been seen this week does not occur looking back three years. Someone seems to have not liked all these diagonals and trendlines breaking and moving averages crossing OR this is an outlier, and the down trend will resume. Given that my friend has a PhD in statistics, I give his e-mail of "this is absurd" some weight. He added a 2nd unit here and has a stop at new highs. I loved his comment to me stating, "when the markets do something truly stupid it is usually down". I think Nassem Taleb would agree to that one.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
TWT

Post by TWT »

SPX: follow up of the wave (C) option

(thewavetrading.com)
Attachments
spx 5 min.png
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

jimme wrote:This action is meant to scare the shorts right out of town. Im adding to my SMH puts right here. GLTA jimme
no rush, the time like this I am most relax, kick back and work on my drawing board. at best sideways.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

jimme wrote:This action is meant to scare the shorts right out of town. Im adding to my SMH puts right here. GLTA jimme
I think you just stated a given. Looking at 200 down Tuesday had Command Central issue "guidance".
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
uempel

Post by uempel »

Update:
tt.png
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Hitting channel resistance ???
Attachments
spx2 3 8.png
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

seriously pay attention to AAPL.
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Denali92

Post by Denali92 »

SWalsh wrote:There was a setup last night that has about 25 trades in 2 years. I can't post a chart as I helped someone else work on it and it's really their baby. It was developed, and has not changed, in January of 2011.

It involves an adaptable, but fairly steady, MA and Bollinger bands and a proprietary oscillator for divergences. It's not curve fitted and has 5 components to it for a trade to be signalled. 20 trades were winner and 5 broke even after the mkt first turned and a breakeven stop was put in after a move in a profitable direction of 2 SPY points.

The action that has been seen this week does not occur looking back three years. Someone seems to have not liked all these diagonals and trendlines breaking and moving averages crossing OR this is an outlier, and the down trend will resume. Given that my friend has a PhD in statistics, I give his e-mail of "this is absurd" some weight. He added a 2nd unit here and has a stop at new highs. I loved his comment to me stating, "when the markets do something truly stupid it is usually down". I think Nassem Taleb would agree to that one.

The bounce in to employment is normal behaviour for the past 5 plus years....

The lack of follow through on Tuesday is not particularly normal AND ALL of the GAP UP and GOs after Single Red Candles is definitely NOT NORMAL!

Overall, I would agree as there is NO market period that I can find going back 5 plus years that is similar to the period since 19-Dec-11.

Thanks for sharing,

-D
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Yep, still short. Back to trapped.
My big fat Greek round trip.
The technicals for this setup have not followed price into the plus column. So, I sit and watch.
The stop will come back into play if the bull keeps charging.
TWT

Post by TWT »

IBEX : Follow up of the wave (2) idea

(thewavetrading.com)
Attachments
IBEX 5 MIN.png
ActiveTrader

Post by ActiveTrader »

Denali92 wrote:
SWalsh wrote:There was a setup last night that has about 25 trades in 2 years. I can't post a chart as I helped someone else work on it and it's really their baby. It was developed, and has not changed, in January of 2011.

The lack of follow through on Tuesday is not particularly normal AND ALL of the GAP UP and GOs after Single Red Candles is definitely NOT NORMAL!

Overall, I would agree as there is NO market period that I can find going back 5 plus years that is similar to the period since 19-Dec-11.

Thanks for sharing,

-D
This market just exhibits weird behavior. I imply from your comments that tomorrow "should be" a gap up that gets filled by the close.
SB73

Post by SB73 »

Denali92 wrote:

Totally abonormal. Take a look at Cobra's impulse system and you can find 3 straight heavy losses on the shorts even though the signals were there each time.

Thanks for sharing,

-D
johnnywa

Post by johnnywa »

btran874 wrote:
johnnywa wrote:ok boys and girls lets run this up to 1370 and double down on shorts
Why not 1380+? More fun :mrgreen:

http://www.thepatternsite.com/EWExpanded.html
Hah damn near got my 1370,sold my 56 sso calls at hod,well short if we get big gap up tomorrow morning
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Denali92 wrote:

Thanks for sharing,

-D
He sent me the last 7 days of trading and asked me to go back 3 years and tell him if he missed something, or is this behavior not there. I could find something similar to a turn like this after a 80-100 pt SPX drop, but not this. One might think "fractal". But that doesn't work either. This is a rather wealthy guy (the one guy I know who literally does not need any more money and it came from mkt profits going into real estate) who gives profits now to charity. I'd like it to be an amusing hobby as he seems to treat it. But he was able to use his knowledge back when a 10/40 MA crossover made a ton of money and just kept designing better as more simple things were taken away. I actually don't know his equation for his primary oscillator. He has non-disclosure agreements with a few other highly educated math guys. He said he might leave me a copy in his will, but I'd probably need a statistician to understand it.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

support.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.