Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

03/17/2012 Weekend Watering

KeiZai

Re: 03/17/2012 Weekend Watering

Post by KeiZai »

Plus picture4 fun...tmr more now chillin, seeya
Attachments
dol5ksl.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
btran874

Post by btran874 »

KeiZai wrote:Plus picture4 fun...tmr more now chillin, seeya
Best chart eva! KeiZai 2012, Believe it! :mrgreen:
jimme

Post by jimme »

Good morning All,

First, my compliments to "The Evil Plan" and the simplicity of your wonderful chart. Very well done! I am an options trader and I look for the strongest group in an uptrend and the weakest group in a downtrend. Last week the NDX was already a sell and so I got some SMH puts and will keep them. SMH is a double top And NDX is holding hands with AAPL. This coming week I am looking to buy puts on the weakest group. I think materials XLB is one of the weakest. This time I am also find the weakest stock in the XLB group. It might be POT. Another example is from SMH group would be TXN which would be a much better short than INTC. What are your ideas. Would you buy SDS calls or SSO puts or one of these junk bank stocks that ran up with the group. Thanks to all that contribute all the stuff to make this thing work. GLTA jimme
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Symmetry in chaos?

btw did you know that most gaps are generally filled within 100 days of forming? We have a lot of work ahead :D
Attachments
Wguess.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

For ma european fellaz ...seems to be bull flag, but no way rising wedge better ;) cuz always sell double top
BMW03.png
Something to kill free time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r77v4lR ... e=youtu.be

P.S: we are getting close: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/stocks-co ... 3QD;_ylv=3
oldpigwang

Post by oldpigwang »

Cobra: could you give your idea from chart TA, FA, and money flow for AMZN?
It is the only big one not wake up yet.
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Sorry for spamming, hope boss will not ban my account :)

After the time im back in the good creative mood, so here is my spam:

Russell chart, doesnt matter if we are close to top or not either way we are closer to top than bottom (my speculation is that minor top is "in")
Russ-TimeX.png
That I find interesting in a shorter time frame we can see how is russell locked between 2 timelines (in basic TA called rectangle)
Note: there is a little deviation in a shorter term, will need to fix it one day
Attachments
Russ-Th4.png
Last edited by KeiZai on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY FOR GREAT CHARTS THIS WEEKEND

AAPL Volatility Charts from the CBOE
The first five charts are historical, the bottom three grey charts are current.
http://www.cboe.com/micro/EquityVix/VXAPL/
In the URL address window u can replace VXAPL/ with VXSLV/ for silver volatility or VXFXI/ for China volatility,
and find other vol charts that stockcharts.com won’t allow.

Also, current Gold Volatility Charts
http://www.cboe.com/micro/charts/gvz.aspx
Note: at the top u can click on other CBOE volatility measures that we cant get on stockcharts, like EVZ for Eurocurrency volatility, etc
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

oldpigwang wrote:Cobra: could you give your idea from chart TA, FA, and money flow for AMZN?
It is the only big one not wake up yet.
AMZN should be weak because economy is so good, no one need to save money by shopping online. So nowadays AMZN is considered as part of consumer staples (XLP) like PG, WMT, KO, although AMZN now still belongs to XLY.

Officially, we still cannot see AMZN chart as bearish yet, the longer time picture could be seen as Bull Flag FOR NOW.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

NYMO CO.jpg
NYMO all.jpg
One comment on the NYMO right now. While it has been mildly negative and sustaining a declining summation index, if you look at it on a common stock only basis, it has actually been positive. I guess with fixed income funds (of which there are a bunch that trade on the NYSE) taking a hit in recent days, the index has been swayed a little negative. So, be aware of the noise covering up a bullish bias. Though, it is probably to think of the NYMO as neutral if the common stock only is so weakly positive that funds can drag the overall index negative.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Mr. BachNut wrote:
NYMO CO.jpg
NYMO all.jpg
One comment on the NYMO right now. While it has been mildly negative and sustaining a declining summation index, if you look at it on a common stock only basis, it has actually been positive. I guess with fixed income funds (of which there are a bunch that trade on the NYSE) taking a hit in recent days, the index has been swayed a little negative. So, be aware of the noise covering up a bullish bias. Though, it is probably to think of the NYMO as neutral if the common stock only is so weakly positive that funds can drag the overall index negative.
Index is at multi-years high now, if the momentum is strong, NYMO should be at a multi-year high too. The fact even after eliminating all the ETFs, still it's weak should at least mean the momentum is weakening.

Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

ARMS sell warning.jpg
I think this chart supports Cobra's evil plan for a dip soon. If you look at the prior occasions when the 5 day MA of the TRIN got this low, there was often a sell-off. It suggests that at the moment too few stocks (AAPL cough cough) are driving the rally.
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Cobra wrote:
Mr. BachNut wrote:
NYMO CO.jpg
NYMO all.jpg
Index is at multi-years high now, if the momentum is strong, NYMO should be at a multi-year high too. The fact even after eliminating all the ETFs, still it's weak should at least mean the momentum is weakening.
Agree. The pace of advances is soft and can easily be reversed.
If you look at the Summation Index though, it actually is in multi-year high territory even after coming down from nose-bleed levels. The momentum of this rally in terms of advances against declines has been moderate but the time spent advancing without serious correction has been long. So, part of high index is pace of climb (ratio of advances vs. declines) which has been positive but avoiding serious overbought conditions and part is time spent climbing (duration of positive net advance) which has been long.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

COBRA
Stockcharts is yapping (via email) about their new improved public chart list
You are not at the top of the list yet
WHY NOT?
http://stockcharts.com/public
has everyone reading WEEKEND voted yet?
PS: do we need 2 vote everyday?
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente wrote:COBRA
Stockcharts is yapping (via email) about their new improved public chart list
You are not at the top of the list yet
WHY NOT?
http://stockcharts.com/public
has everyone reading WEEKEND voted yet?
PS: do we need 2 vote everyday?
I need guys to "follow', then "vote" everyday and at least click once everyday.

I'll ask for the above support in the opening statement everyday. I'll provide a link there, so all guys need do are just click that link: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp

I'll threaten to make this forum private if not many people supporting me. :lol: Come on, we have 6,000+ daily visits to this forum, I bet the forum itself is larger than the most of personal blogs. :mrgreen:

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

jimme wrote:Good morning All,

First, my compliments to "The Evil Plan" and the simplicity of your wonderful chart. Very well done! I am an options trader and I look for the strongest group in an uptrend and the weakest group in a downtrend. Last week the NDX was already a sell and so I got some SMH puts and will keep them. SMH is a double top And NDX is holding hands with AAPL. This coming week I am looking to buy puts on the weakest group. I think materials XLB is one of the weakest. This time I am also find the weakest stock in the XLB group. It might be POT. Another example is from SMH group would be TXN which would be a much better short than INTC. What are your ideas. Would you buy SDS calls or SSO puts or one of these junk bank stocks that ran up with the group. Thanks to all that contribute all the stuff to make this thing work. GLTA jimme
I trade SMH also, double top play right now but TXN and INTC look like the short is about to fail or last stand for the bears, they need to bring it down fast or the short term break out pattern will only get stronger.
Attachments
2.JPG
1.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Mr. BachNut wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Mr. BachNut wrote:
The attachment NYMO CO.jpg is no longer available
The attachment NYMO all.jpg is no longer available
Agree. The pace of advances is soft and can easily be reversed.
If you look at the Summation Index though, it actually is in multi-year high territory even after coming down from nose-bleed levels. The momentum of this rally in terms of advances against declines has been moderate but the time spent advancing without serious correction has been long. So, part of high index is pace of climb (ratio of advances vs. declines) which has been positive but avoiding serious overbought conditions and part is time spent climbing (duration of positive net advance) which has been long.
this is what I got on MO, from low to high 50 or high to low -50, any thing in between tells me recent trend is to continue or sideways.
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
grachu

Post by grachu »

cobra what ever you say. I just clicked in the link . Do it at the opening statement . I am in I will click 1000 if you want ..
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

grachu wrote:cobra what ever you say. I just clicked in the link . Do it at the opening statement . I am in I will click 1000 if you want ..
Thanks, really appreciate! :D

grachu

Post by grachu »

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) I Am suporrting... just say it ... I am doing it ~ :) thanks cobra