Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

03/28/2012 Intraday Watering

soku

Re: 03/28/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by soku »

for those following algo activities, do you see anything when it was down? and do u see anything around 1392.75 low?
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the 3rd try on the upside, key time. maintain the plan. lunch time, will be back.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

SB73 wrote:
SB73 wrote:Senors Kezail and Al,

According to my swing trade TVIX has reached its median target return of 39% from low to high. Looks like there might be some more left in the tank. I cleared 1/2 off the table and have made my year.
I should say that the average cycle is 5 days so we still may have 3 more days of this.
Its early to say but maybe more than 3 days ;)
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

More on the down side

/ES here. focus on MACD.
Attachments
spy1.JPG
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

soku wrote:for those following algo activities, do you see anything when it was down? and do u see anything around 1392.75 low?
here is a message I got from waterbaby:
Attachments
Alglo.JPG
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

BullBear52x wrote:Vixie
VXV added. not good for overnight holding still. day trade OK.
Allright y’all, BORING AL DENTE RANT HERE….
U heard the Baron
NO overnights yet with the vixie twins
These gals have PLENTY of gifts to offer u INTRADAY after the gaps
Plus, u get to keep your face on when u just play with them INTRADAY

READ THE PROSPECTUS
Click on “prospectus” to the right of TVIX (also covers VXX):
http://www.velocityshares.com/products.shtml
Direct quote from said prospectus: “The …2x Long ETNs, are intended to be trading tools for sophisticated investors to manage daily trading risks. They are designed to achieve their stated investment objectives on a daily basis…. The ETNs …may not be suitable for investors who plan to hold them for longer than one day.… The ETNs do not accurately provide exposure to the level of the $VIX Index…” Variations of that paragraph are repeated about a dozen times throughout the prospectus.

Also please read the prospectus for XIV for the LONG SPY folks; she also “moves like Jagger” on bull days.
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
SB73

Post by SB73 »

KeiZai wrote:
SB73 wrote:
SB73 wrote:Senors Kezail and Al,

According to my swing trade TVIX has reached its median target return of 39% from low to high. Looks like there might be some more left in the tank. I cleared 1/2 off the table and have made my year.
I should say that the average cycle is 5 days so we still may have 3 more days of this.
Its early to say but maybe more than 3 days ;)
It definitely is possible, but my guess would be a little more up, then a back test before an explosive move higher. This would coincide with Cobra's work on the SPY.
SB73

Post by SB73 »

Al_Dente wrote:
U heard the Baron

READ THE PROSPECTUS
Direct quote from said prospectus: “The …2x Long ETNs, are intended to be trading tools for sophisticated investors to manage daily trading risks. They are designed to achieve their stated investment objectives on a daily basis…. The ETNs …may not be suitable for investors who plan to hold them for longer than one day.… The ETNs do not accurately provide exposure to the level of the $VIX Index…” Variations of that paragraph are repeated about a dozen times throughout the prospectus.

Also please read the prospectus for XIV for the LONG SPY folks; she also “moves like Jagger” on bull days.
Well said Al...please do not trade these things if you don't know how to use stops.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Al_Dente wrote:
U heard the Baron

READ THE PROSPECTUS

Thanks Dr. Al, high octane do they? one X volatility is bad enough, 2X, do they got 3X? :lol:
tomsky

Post by tomsky »

After all Bradley turn date on 16 did worked, DJIA didn't post a higher high after this (i'm talking regular trading, after hours it did though and that blinded me). Based on the chart i'll say a failed test of the high. if we'll get a lower low than 3/23 full sell mode will be on. I can't wait for the report tonight Cobra. :D
Attachments
20120328 djia.png
Last edited by tomsky on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.
Trading is the most dangerous human endeavor, short of war.
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Al_Dente wrote:
U heard the Baron

READ THE PROSPECTUS

Nice Big Al!!! :lol: :lol:
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Al_Dente wrote:
U heard the Baron

READ THE PROSPECTUS

Yep she is a bad girl, can broke your heart quickly :twisted:
Just buy her for few hours and go away, no love just sex :lol:
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
BenAndLloyd

Post by BenAndLloyd »

Al,
I appreciate the warning on XIV/TVIX. But even with the stops, these instruments are not suitable for the retail trader, period. Some of the people who claim to understand volatility can't explain how they all work. There are enough movements in high momo stocks to keep everyone busy in either direction. No need to complicate trading with instruments we don't understand and issuers can change the rules during the game.

Peace brother. You know I love your work, but had to put that message out to everyone.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Okay so one more LITTLE spaghetti rant
Volume shows that folks got scared away a bit from TVIX and are “flocking” into VXX, thinking Suisse couldn’t possibly CLOSE the VXX too
….. shoot themselves in the foot twice?.... no “this time is different”…. fur sure…

PS: Keizai is there a live futures link to VXX-IV if there is such a thing???
“””””””No love just sex :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tomsky

Post by tomsky »

BenAndLloyd wrote: Some of the people who claim to understand volatility can't explain how they all work.
Keizai avatar should provide a hint about complicated explanations :)

Edit: EURUSD and AUDJPY made a higher high but the market didn't. I think there's more up or sideways here before down.
Last edited by tomsky on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.
Trading is the most dangerous human endeavor, short of war.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

so far goes as planed. this pullback is not sharp, so there's a chance we see another rebound soon.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Bulls last stand if the up trend meant to be kept. intraday looks like we are done on the low side. I am guessing. take long lunch for a change :D
Attachments
spy.JPG
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

BenAndLloyd wrote:Al,
I appreciate the warning on XIV/TVIX. But even with the stops, these instruments are not suitable for the retail trader, period. Some of the people who claim to understand volatility can't explain how they all work. There are enough movements in high momo stocks to keep everyone busy in either direction. No need to complicate trading with instruments we don't understand and issuers can change the rules during the game.
Peace brother. You know I love your work, but had to put that message out to everyone.
THANK YOU BenAndLloyd I agree
On another topic: I have used yr 5min renko obsessively. Why cant u post more updates? I LOVE that thing.
stucap

Post by stucap »

Cobra wrote:so far goes as planed. this pullback is not sharp, so there's a chance we see another rebound soon.
Bulls not budging on 1400. Bears aren't gonna get this done on low volume mid-day trading. Must hold it down here for the final push later today.