Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

04/05/2012 Live Update

noob

Re: 04/05/2012 Live Update

Post by noob »

Cobra wrote:
noob wrote:
Cobra wrote:hopefully for bulls a bullish falling wedge here.
Thanks Cobra, I'm wondering why this is viewed as a falling wedge, instead of handle in a bigger frame or bull flag. Thanks!
it's the same.
Need es 1394 ish to confirm breakout?
TWT

Post by TWT »

Hello I am on holiday but I always take my portable computer with me

I wanted to share a potential ending pattern of AAPL

I wish everyone a wonderful Easter

See you next Monday
Attachments
AAPL 60 MIN.png
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

They want the sell off to continue
Twitter @jackwag0n
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

what happened? wake up guys. :roll:
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
tomsky

Post by tomsky »

KeiZai wrote:Reading time market is boring,

astro long term article:

Most people simply don’t know anything about the complexity of astrology, its history, or the fact that the system of symbolism and prediction is based on observation by literally millions of practitioners over thousands of years.
It is simply a clearly demonstrable fact that trading The Moods of The Moon - the monthly phases of the lunar cycle - produces steady and reliable profits across any long-term timeframe.
And many of those same dismissive readers will happily fork out bundles of boodle to be trained in Gann techniques, or take notice of the Bradley Model turn dates - without having a clue that both are deeply rooted in astrological aspects.
The attachment Jupiter 1.png is no longer available

..................................................................................................................................................

Have a great long weekend everyone!!
This is great, I'll have to digest this in the coming days.
One thing to add, this what i have found searching for Jupiter influence on the market:
djia-Ju-Sa-Ur.png
more info i posted here: viewtopic.php?t=499&p=68763#p68763
The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.
Trading is the most dangerous human endeavor, short of war.
grachu

Post by grachu »

cobra can we sitting on a bull trap?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Xian wrote:Cobra,

Any thoughts on NFP?

Could it be a pivot point of some sort? What do you think a miss might do— chart-wise? Would a miss make sense for the 6.5% pullback you've been talking about? Would a beat signify this mini-pullback could be over?

Thanks in advance for any insights you may have. Very tricky with market closed tomorrow.
I have no idea about NFP. Assume it's not bad.

fundtrader

Post by fundtrader »

MrMiyagi wrote:
fundtrader wrote:Does anyone have any thoughts on the McClellan Oscillators for the NYSE and Nasdaq? Both are around the -50 area through yesterday's close. Don't we need to see them near +100 before a meaningful correction?
+80 would do as well; it hasn't gone up like that in months! It has been consolidating, dropping going up consolidating.... lowest was -50 yesterday and a couple of weeks or so ago. This grinds volatility and bear ETFs.
Cobra,

I am new but have been watching from the outside lately. I thought you did some chart analysis on the McClellan Oscillators for the NYSE and Nasdaq recently? If so, can you point me to where I can see them? Thanx.
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

MrMiyagi wrote:Bollinger Bands narrowing on SPY 5 minutes; pop or drop baby.
Drop it is then... Obama's credit card is maxed out.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

grachu wrote:cobra can we sitting on a bull trap?
don't know. I thought the low was in, we're on the 2 legged rebound now, the 1st up leg apparently finished, now should be the 2nd leg up somewhere. I don't expect this pullback to make a lower low.

fehro

Post by fehro »

things could accelerate below 1393 ish to 1387/1382... or we stall and gap down on Monday am.
Attachments
Picture 15.png
tomsky

Post by tomsky »

Keizai, what is your blog? If you don't want to publish it here please send me a pm.
The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.
Trading is the most dangerous human endeavor, short of war.
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Speaking of the NYMO, at this rate at the close today should drop to the -65 -70 mark. Generally that would initiate a nice bounce up but long weekends are sometimes notorious for screwing everyone except the people that screw everyone.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

fundtrader wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
fundtrader wrote:Does anyone have any thoughts on the McClellan Oscillators for the NYSE and Nasdaq? Both are around the -50 area through yesterday's close. Don't we need to see them near +100 before a meaningful correction?
+80 would do as well; it hasn't gone up like that in months! It has been consolidating, dropping going up consolidating.... lowest was -50 yesterday and a couple of weeks or so ago. This grinds volatility and bear ETFs.
Cobra,

I am new but have been watching from the outside lately. I thought you did some chart analysis on the McClellan Oscillators for the NYSE and Nasdaq recently? If so, can you point me to where I can see them? Thanx.
the latest I mentioned NYMO negative divergence is here: http://www.cobrasmarketview.com/2012/02 ... t-outlook/

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

I have no idea about the market now. normally should be the low was in, we're on the 2nd leg rebound somewhere around. the normal pattern should be like this.
Attachments
1.png

MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Almost broke today's downtrend line...
Denali92

Post by Denali92 »

As many people are asking about holidays - the general trend for Good Friday has been to rally in to the holiday and then occasionally pause on the Monday or Tuesday after the holiday.... obviously this is not happening right now....

There are two instances of post holiday bottoms in 2006 on the Monday (14-Apr was the holiday) and 2005 - low close on the Monday after and low price on the Tuesday (March 25th was the holiday)

In looking at the Good Friday data for the last 12 plus years, it is an erratic holiday with few discernible patterns except to say that as Cobra says - 'a trend in motion stays in motion and generally given the March corrections we normally have, the trend has been to just keep rallying.... given the lack of a correction.... then we could very easily continue to the downside in to early next week, but doubtful much past Monday or Wednesday at the latest, as when we are falling in to the employment report, we almost always bottom on the employment day or the Monday or Tuesday after.....

The only recent exception to this trend was June 2011 where we peaked on the Tuesday after the holiday and then fell relentlessly in to opex.

Hope that helps,

-D
noob

Post by noob »

Cobra wrote:I have no idea about the market now. normally should be the low was in, we're on the 2nd leg rebound somewhere around. the normal pattern should be like this.
This is for today?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

noob wrote:
Cobra wrote:I have no idea about the market now. normally should be the low was in, we're on the 2nd leg rebound somewhere around. the normal pattern should be like this.
This is for today?
today and the next few days.

noob

Post by noob »

Cobra wrote:
noob wrote:
This is for today?
today and the next few days.
Thanks, is there a big triangle forming?