Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

04/10/2012 Live Update

marscormier

Re: 04/10/2012 Live Update

Post by marscormier »

Tax question for other Canadians.

Can I deduct my subscription fees to market newsletter, e.g. cobrasmarketview? Logically, I think I should be able to deduct these fees. However they are not going against active income, instead capital gains...

cheers,
Marcel
snakehead

Post by snakehead »

SWalsh wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:In my opinion, BIG bounce tomorrow.
I can't recall a 150 pt down day being allowed to ultimately close more than 75 lower.

-213.66..."maybe" it's saying something?

Of course, it's saying something. It is confirming the fact the the only thing that (or should i say the LAST thing that) was holding this market up WAS A PHONE CALL on the morning of Monday, Mar 26 telling Bernschmanke to drag his keister out of bed and PROP UP THE MARKETS WITH A FALSE JAWBONING REGARDING ADDTIONAL STIMULUS MONEY, so that the criminals at Goaled Man Sacs could dump the rest of their holdings at the highs of the year.

Now "they" are just letting it go. :o

(btw, I had heard that Czar Bomba's "done" [pun intended] -- he double-crossed the NWO folks by dragging his feet on Keystone.) :lol:
"We got a runaway train boy, we got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future. Every one of 'em getting ready to fist-#### God's ex-planet, lick their fingers clean as they reach out toward their pristine, cybernetic keyboards to tote up their f##ing billable hours. And then it hits home!"
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

MrMiyagi wrote: Who is that in your avatar, Chaz Bono?
LOL

Mr. Stansfield would be VERY insulted, and you don't want him insulted.

Click the 10 second YouTube. :D :D :D
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
snakehead

Post by snakehead »

MrMiyagi wrote:
SWalsh wrote:
I can't recall a 150 pt down day being allowed to ultimately close more than 75 lower.

I believe it is saying "THE END IS NEAR" but if you just go by technicals, a bounce would be in line tomorrow.
Then again, depends what news is dragged out overnight, so far AA (the aluminum kind) kicked off with a good report.

Who is that in your avatar, Chaz Bono?
OT:
Any movie buff would recognize SWalsh's avatar as that of LEGENDARY actor Gary Oldman playing the rogue cop in the move "The Professional".
:lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQPXrLWm7fE :lol:
"We got a runaway train boy, we got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future. Every one of 'em getting ready to fist-#### God's ex-planet, lick their fingers clean as they reach out toward their pristine, cybernetic keyboards to tote up their f##ing billable hours. And then it hits home!"
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

snakehead wrote:
SWalsh wrote:

Of course, it's saying something. It is confirming the fact the the only thing that (or should i say the LAST thing that) was holding this market up WAS A PHONE CALL on the morning of Monday, Mar 26 telling Bernschmanke to drag his keister out of bed and PROP UP THE MARKETS WITH A FALSE JAWBONING REGARDING ADDTIONAL STIMULUS MONEY, so that the criminals at Goaled Man Sacs could dump the rest of their holdings at the highs of the year.

Now "they" are just letting it go. :o

(btw, I had heard that Czar Bomba's "done" [pun intended] -- he double-crossed the NWO folks by dragging his feet on Keystone.) :lol:
Should the head of the snake (parson the pun) be re-elected, he will dump the bankers like Hitler dumped the industrialists and killed Ernst Rohm for complaining he was using them in the first place.

Pity that the 100 Wall Street executives and the 50 British ones (a sad fact) that were working within German industry during WW II were shuffled out as the Nuremberg Trials started. A true fact discovered in our archives by DOJ investigator John Loftus. Yes Virginia, Americans from Wall Street were helping Nazis kill our boys as well as Brits working there too. "America's Nazi Secrets" - 2011 - by former prosecutor John Loftus.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

snakehead wrote: OT:
Any movie buff would recognize SWalsh's avatar as that of LEGENDARY actor Gary Oldman playing the rogue cop in the move "The Professional".
:lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQPXrLWm7fE :lol:
This is true (paraphrasing) "Because I take no pleasure in humiliating anyone who doesn't have any pride to feel the humiliation" :D

(no insult intended to Mr MiYagi...but snakehead got it)
snakehead

Post by snakehead »

SWalsh wrote:
snakehead wrote:
SWalsh wrote:

... :lol:
Should the head of the snake (parson the pun) be re-elected, he will dump the bankers like Hitler dumped the industrialists and killed Ernst Rohm for complaining he was using them in the first place.

Pity that the 100 Wall Street executives and the 50 British ones (a sad fact) that were working within German industry during WW II were shuffled out as the Nuremberg Trials started. A true fact discovered in our archives by DOJ investigator John Loftus. Yes Virginia, Americans from Wall Street were helping Nazis kill our boys as well as Brits working there too. "America's Nazi Secrets" - 2011 - by former prosecutor John Loftus.

Especially considering if they hadn't been "shuffled out", neither of the Bushes would have ever been POTUS. :twisted: :lol:
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

snakehead wrote:
Especially considering if they hadn't been "shuffled out", neither of the Bushes would have ever been POTUS. :twisted: :lol:
YEP! And the Mujaheddin couldn't have been built from Belorussian Nazis shuffled into South Jersey who, with their children, built that organization.

The Muslim Brotherhood is not listed as a terrorist organization thanks to the Bush family.

I'm a registered independent. They all suck!
pete

Post by pete »

marscormier wrote:Tax question for other Canadians.

Can I deduct my subscription fees to market newsletter, e.g. cobrasmarketview? Logically, I think I should be able to deduct these fees. However they are not going against active income, instead capital gains...

cheers,
Marcel
Welcome :)

You cannot deduct fees for investment subscription services or newsletters, unfortunately:
You cannot deduct on line 221 any of the following amounts:

- the interest you paid on money you borrowed to contribute to a registered retirement savings plan, a registered education savings plan, a registered disability savings plan, or a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA);
- the interest part of your student loan repayments (although you may be able to claim a credit on line 319 on Schedule 1 for this amount);
- subscription fees paid for financial newspapers, magazines, or newsletters;
- brokerage fees or commissions you paid when you bought or sold securities. Instead, you use these costs when you calculate your capital gain or capital loss. For more information, see Guide T4037, Capital Gains; and
- legal fees you paid to get a separation or divorce or to establish custody of or visitation arrangements for a child.
Source: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs ... u-eng.html
marscormier

Post by marscormier »

Got it. thanks for the info.
pete wrote:
marscormier wrote:Tax question for other Canadians.

cheers,
Marcel
Welcome :)

You cannot deduct fees for investment subscription services or newsletters, unfortunately:
You cannot deduct on line 221 any of the following amounts:

- the interest you paid on money you borrowed to contribute to a registered retirement savings plan, a registered education savings plan, a registered disability savings plan, or a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA);
- the interest part of your student loan repayments (although you may be able to claim a credit on line 319 on Schedule 1 for this amount);
- subscription fees paid for financial newspapers, magazines, or newsletters;
- brokerage fees or commissions you paid when you bought or sold securities. Instead, you use these costs when you calculate your capital gain or capital loss. For more information, see Guide T4037, Capital Gains; and
- legal fees you paid to get a separation or divorce or to establish custody of or visitation arrangements for a child.
Source: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs ... u-eng.html
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

SWalsh wrote:
Petsamo wrote:1.44 million last buy on SPY
2.66 million last buy on IWM
The big boys placing bets on a gap up tomorrow
I can't recall what happened when you reported on that last time. I think I had said it faked me out of positions and I didn't look anymore.

If you have run a spreadsheet with it, please post the results. If not, don't go to the trouble.....I find out in 17 hrs :D
Spreadsheet points to a gap down, but since we closed near the lows, probabilities are for a gap up.

One thing I noticed: If spreadsheet points to a gap down, but we gap up, there's a good probability (uncomfirmed) we sell off to negative, as if we gapped down. Or versa vice.

Since I increased my long exposure, I can say I placed bets for a gap up. But since I'm not 100% long, a gap down is fine with me. In other words, I can sleep at night. Image
Twitter @jackwag0n
gappy

Post by gappy »

cobra.png
test
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
TWT

Post by TWT »

VIX:

Since yesterday´s daily candlestick is above the upper BB of the Envelope (20,20) it is reasonable to expect a short-term pause.

If during the expected pullback VIX reamins above the range 17.33 (50d MA) – 16.70 (Tuesday gap up) it could unfold the right shoulder of an Inverted H&S.

If this pattern plays out, the target is at 28.75, then SPX will most likely aim at the Target 2 = 1293 -1288
Attachments
VIX ENVELOPE.png