Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

04/11/2012 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 04/11/2012 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

wayne0708 wrote:Cobra:
How does vix look today? it still slightly over upper band, do you see intermediate top in already and is heading down?
check my other day's market report on what happened when VIX body is completely above its bb top.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

spx...
Attachments
spx 4 11.png
Richarab

Post by Richarab »

soku wrote:ey ceo is on bloomberg, saying companies with more women on board performed better.
cobra, i think it is yr job to recruit more women. :D
i vote for long legged blonde and i vote chinese for richarab :D :D :D
hmmmm....pancakes....and syrup... warm sticky sweet syrup.....
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

1382 and 1390 are next fib retracements....
Attachments
spx fib 4 11.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

still fighting. I'm pretty much clueless. so let's wait.
Attachments
1.png

Just Trading

Post by Just Trading »

I saw one of the posts last week mentioning today Aprill 11th being a Bradley turn date. Can someone please provide a context for how one might interpret that. Does it mean that the turn date might lead to a reversal up in the markets since we have been going down of late? Thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Okay here’s my best trick on VIX with an intraday NYMO PROXY (courtesy input from RocketMan, Taggard, and EvilTrader).
It has only given a very few buy signals since Sept, and all were timely
I’d love to see any nymo proxy chart updates from RocketMan, Taggard, or EvilTrader (cobra’s last night nymo chart was best).

PS: Will this day EVER end?
411nymo.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
KENA

Post by KENA »

Al_Dente wrote:TRIN volume is racing into ADVANCING STOCKS
While spy is trying for a double bottom?
Hello?
Did I mention how much the internals suck?
411allignc.png
I agree,things don't look to good but the mkt just wants to hold up.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

battle still unsettled. wait.
Attachments
1.png

proteus46

Post by proteus46 »

Yep, that's a hot dog stuffed in the crust of a pizza, hmm... health food??
Attachments
Will this lower the cost of health care ?
Will this lower the cost of health care ?
hot_dog_pizza_crust_pizza_hut_370x278.jpg (95.57 KiB) Viewed 5757 times
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

proteus46 wrote:Yep, that's a hot dog stuffed in the crust of a pizza, hmm... health food??
Mustard Drizzle can't be that bad...
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

proteus46 wrote:Yep, that's a hot dog stuffed in the crust of a pizza, hmm... health food??
is there such a thing of a bullflag within bearflag. I'm seeing that in 1hr spy chart
Ed02

Post by Ed02 »

Al_Dente wrote:Okay here’s my best trick on VIX with an intraday NYMO PROXY (courtesy input from RocketMan, Taggard, and EvilTrader).
It has only given a very few buy signals since Sept, and all were timely
I’d love to see any nymo proxy chart updates from RocketMan, Taggard, or EvilTrader (cobra’s last night nymo chart was best).

PS: Will this day EVER end?
411nymo.png
Dr. Al, to confirm, so your system shows a buy signal now, right? Thx.
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

spx...
Attachments
spx 4 11.png
tomsky

Post by tomsky »

Just Trading wrote:I saw one of the posts last week mentioning today Aprill 11th being a Bradley turn date. Can someone please provide a context for how one might interpret that. Does it mean that the turn date might lead to a reversal up in the markets since we have been going down of late? Thanks.
Yeap, u got it right. Bradley dates however are not pinpoint accurate, they have +/-4 days window in general or in some special cases +/- 7 days.
20120411 sp.png
Edit: S&P is not the best choice to show the dates, Dow had the high on 03/16 and then dropped, but i'm too lazy to change the graph.
LE: Perhaps it's better to read about it as it is much to be said here. Maybe here you'll find enough info: http://www.marketmulticycles.com/marketmulticycles9.htm
Last edited by tomsky on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.
Trading is the most dangerous human endeavor, short of war.
taggard

Post by taggard »

[quote="soku"]ey ceo is on bloomberg, saying companies with more women on board performed better.
cobra, i think it is yr job to recruit more women.

a word here from a guy who has learned a lot from various women. From an x girl friend with a 185 iq able to write poetry rebuild an engine--built her own house (by her self) and worked on some of the really key "information theory stuff in the 60s and 70s. not that it matters but yeah she was cute too. From her i got a real sense of dealing with an all out hyper intense relationship with no boundaries. dudes say they want intense--but they b fading when this stuff happens. it was totally amazing--and at the same time almost killed me. What you take away is "what is possible" is really large--and what people settle for is pretty small most of the time. there are reasons to do either or both--but my preference would be at least to experience once what is possible.

From a very cool 85 year old gal who back in the mid 90s had a rare in house (up in the woods away from everything) multi screened trading pit. Not only was she a very decent trader--but on the other end of the house she had a sewing room--depending on if the market was hot--she would sew or trade. What i really got from her was this sense of balance--both activities were the same to her--and she made very serious efforts on both. This lady actually gave me my first technical trading book--at the time i had a small business and happened to be working for her and asking questions--i was already trading at the time. i never saw her husband awake when i was up there--and when i asked she said he found trading boring--she found this funny.

Another lady on line really helped my technical trading--what she had going for her was a very simple consistent approach that was really very simple math coupled with 25 years (at the time) experience in the markets. this experience reads as "feelings" that modify "pure math". so they introduce mitigation into the algo. a simple example would be--low volume advance high put call--the put call overrides the low volume negative since--the low volume allows forced covering of puts to keep the market moving up.

This next is less true now as when i learned it back in the 70s--but if you find some gal making it in a male dominated business (as the corporate officers/board of directors still is) pay close attention and consider the situation. the fact that some body made it doesn't by itself assure she will be superior but it's a data point. Second when possible compare what she says and does to people doing the same thing. The bottom line is you are looking to learn from people who are hot at what they do--even if they are women and not "major babes". i always take the time to check out futures options and even stock traders that happen to be female as they are still in the minority--i would guess that the ratio is about 66% you can learn something or a lot--and 33% you are not going to get a thing. with men i would say the ratio is inverted. odds are this will change over the next 20 years--at least it has over the last 20. But use it while you can--it's another way to get an edge.
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

Cobra wrote:battle still unsettled. wait.
Is today sell opportunity Cobra? Price action is screaming sell and cut loss, but my gut feeling says wait one more day :cry:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

actually the 100% measured move target reached.
Attachments
1.png

soku

Post by soku »

is the break down of 1364 trap or for real?
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Cobra wrote:actually the 100% measured move target reached.
As Alan Parsons Project asked, "Where do we go from here?"

GOOG reports tomorrow AH. Could be the nail in the coffin.