Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

04/13/2012 Live Update

MrMiyagi

Re: 04/13/2012 Live Update

Post by MrMiyagi »

Cobra wrote:I'm crying. why you guys do this to me? It's so not fair. :o :( :cry:
It will bounce to the finish; probably 137.85$.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

TraderGirl wrote:
Cobra wrote:I'm crying. why you guys do this to me? It's so not fair. :o :( :cry:
do you have a target??
didn't I say the tinted area is the target this morning? It's still valid.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Remember the long term pitchfork, it just bounced off the center line...
Attachments
spx 4 14.png
alvian33

Post by alvian33 »

cobra, why don't you post you live trade here so we can follow you? I mean it's hard to get a clue if you are long or short, sometimes I think you a long but you say I just covered, how can we get a better idea what you are holding? this will help thanks
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

lod 137.35 price bounced 137.36
programmed trade?
tomsky

Post by tomsky »

Seriously now cobra, you are way more experienced than us, why did you choose to close? 40 points move on DJIA in 4 hours? Equiv with probably 4 points in ES. Is that a sign of a strong bull move? I do remember when bulls make a serious move you can't stand in front of them. Only join the crowd. But today was different. Bulls are MIA.
And please forgive me if i may upset you. I just wanted to remember who you are. You have more experience than all of us here together. And a great talent sharing that wisdom. I didn't find that anywhere else.
The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.
Trading is the most dangerous human endeavor, short of war.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, target met. WITHOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
Attachments
1.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

tomsky wrote:Seriously now cobra, you are way more experienced than us, why did you choose to close? 40 points move on DJIA in 4 hours? Equiv with probably 4 points in ES. Is that a sign of a strong bull move? I do remember when bulls make a serious move you can't stand in front of them. Only join the crowd. But today was different. Bulls are MIA.
And please forgive me if i may upset you. I just wanted to remember who you are. You have more experience than all of us here together. And a great talent sharing that wisdom. I didn't find that anywhere else.
I said 30 minutes to go, anything could happen, and I've taken some profits, don't want risks anymore. It's just a preferences, nothing right or wrong.

torus

Post by torus »

:D Nice to see such aplomb Cobra. Aaarggh!
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

alvian33 wrote:cobra, why don't you post you live trade here so we can follow you? I mean it's hard to get a clue if you are long or short, sometimes I think you a long but you say I just covered, how can we get a better idea what you are holding? this will help thanks
I cannot post my live trade here. this forum has 6,000 visits every day.

SB73

Post by SB73 »

Cobra,

Feelings for Monday?
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Posting trades is a difficult thing, because nobody wants to be responsible for other people's trades (losses especially). You can get a pretty good idea what everyone here is thinking in terms of direction....
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. seasonality is bullish biased the next Monday. thank you guys, I'll see you the next Monday.
Attachments
1.png

wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

Close already
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

wave looks impulsive, gap down on monday IMHO

Thanks all! Have a nice weekend
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Getting pretty close to sure sell off mode...check out TSI, nearing zero line...
Attachments
spx 2 yr 4 13.png
tomsky

Post by tomsky »

TraderGirl wrote:Posting trades is a difficult thing, because nobody wants to be responsible for other people's trades (losses especially). You can get a pretty good idea what everyone here is thinking in terms of direction....
Especially Cobra, in his first 3 intraday posts, if you're paying attention to his updates.
The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.
Trading is the most dangerous human endeavor, short of war.
alvian33

Post by alvian33 »

Cobra wrote:
alvian33 wrote:cobra, why don't you post you live trade here so we can follow you? I mean it's hard to get a clue if you are long or short, sometimes I think you a long but you say I just covered, how can we get a better idea what you are holding? this will help thanks
I see thanks!
soku

Post by soku »

soku wrote:is it for real? is the moment coming? risk off before the scary weekend? watch 1368. if broken, we will see 1362 before 4:15
i am a little bit off. forgot the importance of spx 1370. i am all out. no holding over the weekend. still a good day.
this weekend the weather will be very nice. have a good one.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
taggard

Post by taggard »

alvian33 wrote:
Cobra wrote:
I see thanks!

notice how consistent cobra is? if you read him for a while--you will be able to figure out his trades--certainly the direction. Second aside from how hard this makes trading--the less obvious problem is--it's far harder than it looks to trade off someone's trades. i have some experience of this in short time-frames with options. what i found is that people traded slower or faster than i did. so individual style impacts trade timing even if we have a another as a guideline.

if you want to wire cobra (1) keep an eye on the direction of his trade systems. (2) simple extract all his posts using the tool at the bottom of the screen and select author. next for 90-180 dayd just read his posts. what you will find is a series of ideas maybe 5 or so roughly that happen over and over. What you get out of this is the basis of his trades--and then you can fit that to your style.

keep in mind that the ratio of correct to lame trades is important--but losing losers and holding winners is more important. with that in mind you actually have a lot for very cheap if you can focus for 100-200 days. the after the market stuff is really fun and educational--but is is far far less important than the posts. and i would avoid it if for say 100 days if you want to wire his day trading stuff--if you are wiring the system trading it's less risky.

the issue is that if you are just trading intra day on a 5 min--that is one idea. if you add complexity (look at overnite ideas--WHILE YOU ARE FIRST LEARNING INTRA DAY) you can wind up with opposing concepts as the day starts which can mess you up. it's like learning piano--playing scales (looking at sorted cobra only day trading chrts and nothing else) is not as exciting--but you will wire the core concepts in far less time--so suffering early means faster and more effective later.

good luck with your trading.