Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

04/19/2012 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

04/19/2012 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list here: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done every 24 hours, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks!

If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp, thanks!

Flat open, so any gap will be filled.

The Global ES failed 3rd time on the upside but not selling off yet, instead bulls still can see it as a consolidation before the break up, so the chart doesn't look bearish yet. Well, on the other hand bears might have another view, could be a Double Top in the forming. So if this is a football match, now bears are attacking, bulls are on the defense. Can bears score? That's what we need find out once the regular trading hour unfolds.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
stucap

Re: 04/19/2012 Live Update

Post by stucap »

GLTA this should be a fun one!!!

My evil plan guess --- dip at open, then buy buy buy buy buy buy buy.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Good morning all
Missed eps: BAC, MS, FCX
Beat: DD, VZ
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the open. RSP open strong, aapl gap down, interesting.
Attachments
1.png

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I agree as well that we are going lower.. and then a push up..

What I have seen is that the hourly stocahstics is pointing lower for now.. but that should change since the daily is pointing up.. so things should go up..

Longer term...however i do see that stocastics and MACD on the weekly chart is pointing lower.. so it seems to me that we should drop in the summer..

I don't have the experience as some of you.. im still learning..
stucap

Post by stucap »

stucap wrote:GLTA this should be a fun one!!!

My evil plan guess --- dip at open, then buy buy buy buy buy buy buy.
My biggest trading flaw is always assuming that it'll stay down for longer than it actually does. BOOM Liftoff!
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

not a bad start. bulls seem determined to buy every dip.
Attachments
1.png

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Europe is going lower.... any news? wasn't the spain bond sale today?
stucap

Post by stucap »

Carlos wrote:Europe is going lower.... any news? wasn't the spain bond sale today?
spain sale went off without a hitch. as did BAC earnings and MS earnings and jobless claims. bulls have reason to buy, but the question is, will they?
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Cobra wrote:not a bad start. bulls seem determined to buy every dip.
If an HFT bidding it up is considered a "bull" then that's who turned the mkt higher.

Is it bad when the mkt goes lower? I mean, it's not like Dow "any price" means anything to most Americans anymore, although Dow 8,000 would mandate many more municipal bankruptcies, which is a bog part of why there is an upward manipulation built in. Sentient people wonder what happens when this price manipulation no longer works. The day is young.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
Kos

Post by Kos »

Cobra, do you see any possibility that market crash to 1250 in next few weeks?
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

spx...??
Attachments
spx 4 19.png
KENA

Post by KENA »

IWM as of yesterday is still a sell..SPX is caution..NAS is buy Per Stocktiming..The DW NYSEBP went up .30 but still in dn trend..Liquidity is still going up..Lets see how today goes..I'm green today so far. :mrgreen:
liq%20ss.png
stucap

Post by stucap »

SWalsh wrote:
Cobra wrote:not a bad start. bulls seem determined to buy every dip.
If an HFT bidding it up is considered a "bull" then that's who turned the mkt higher.

Is it bad when the mkt goes lower? I mean, it's not like Dow "any price" means anything to most Americans anymore, although Dow 8,000 would mandate many more municipal bankruptcies, which is a bog part of why there is an upward manipulation built in. Sentient people wonder what happens when this price manipulation no longer works. The day is young.
i agree with all you said, i don't see it fading at this moment, perhaps at stronger resistance above 1388 ES/1392 SPX
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

More bad news. Philadelphia Fed Survey is worse than expected
Twitter @jackwag0n
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Nothin' doin'. Hammer coming down.
stucap

Post by stucap »

MrMiyagi wrote:Nothin' doin'. Hammer coming down.
wow! run for the hills you cclowns!
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

again, looks like more distribution today. bid higher, then sell a block.
stucap

Post by stucap »

jarbo456 wrote:again, looks like more distribution today. bid higher, then sell a block.
looks more like a ping pong match to me. Boing POP Boing SMACK. Not touching this thing today. Just got my face fixed from the last whipsaw!
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Someone pull the plug as I'm typing this? Computers are brutalizing this market right now

One of the long streaks of quote stuffing I have seen to date just took place.
Carlos wrote:Europe is going lower.... any news? wasn't the Spain bond sale today?
An economics professor told me that the problems there cannot be prevented. They keep trying to arrange rescheduling of debt and bailouts and it is worse than the US claiming it will reduce the budget deficit - it's not going to happen. It's all a waiting game. When the lender of last resort, and that's our Fed, is no longer believes as able to keep reality from hitting the minds of investors, that is when he said the largest bear mkt we have ever seem commences. When is that? Benny Bubbles isn't saying, and certain people are beholding to do his bidding. It's little different than the activities of the Fed Window in the 1920s.

http://www.federalreserveeducation.org/ ... d/history/
1920s:
During the 1920s, the Fed began using open market operations as a monetary policy tool. During his tenure, Strong also elevated the stature of the Fed by promoting relations with other central banks, especially the Bank of England.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk