Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

04/25/2012 Live Update

Al_Dente

Re: 04/25/2012 Live Update

Post by Al_Dente »

bots
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

bears failed to seal the deal, now it's bulls turn. here's the target.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

agunther wrote: I have been following your charts with quite some interest, but I am not sure what exactly they mean and where you get those.
Could you enlighten me (and others maybe) ?

Thanks
There is a service you can get these from...search for HFTAlert. It also has a number of instructional articles. The big problem is that rarely are we seeing a day of steady streams of continued bids/offers to indicate it will continue. I have not figured out how to possibly see when those spikes will occur, or in which direction. I try to use them at trendlines to see if they have an interest in confirming they will stop the mkt at those points. They seem to love fading channels. There was some activity at the top of the channel you can draw on a 1 minute chart, but no major quotes. It looked more like they were putting a position on with it being a series of 150-250 quotes. When very thin that can move SPY 10-15 ticks. But usually it takes 600+ to get 15-20 ticks and it happens before you see it appear on your screen.

Here's what they just did to drive it back up. I do get occasional hate mail for saying this (edwinn was so nice the other day) but the mkt now exists ONLY due to HFT trading and that is setup to feed the banks. This movement would indicate they saw stops, ran the longs out and covered and got long into shorts, and now just ran them out and probably sold to them. The criminality speaks for itself. It's like crooked floor brokers on mega-steroids. This is all government sanctioned as they had the opportunity to require some degree of time for bids/offers to remain valid (as opposed to a record 42,000 quote stuffs in one minute and shitting order flow down on August 9th) as requested by the NYSE and the SEC's response was, "We'll monitor abuses". This was just clear abuse. The SEC will do nothing. You don't control your position, the "banks" do. And they can't shut them down overnight as the exchanges will collapse. The exchanges are "for profit" now and they made a Faustian bargain and are paying a price of little volume except for the HFT and Algos. Elections have consequences because justice delayed is justice denied.
Attachments
2012-04-25_1422.png
Last edited by SWalsh on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

btran874 wrote:Cobra, can you do quick poll? I think we all want to know trader sentiment on this board if the correction is over and we're heading new high or not right.

I'm voting ABC completed at 1358 with all toes and fingers. hahahha.... :mrgreen:
here's your poll: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=526

You can actually create you own. everyone can create a poll.

btran874

Post by btran874 »

Cobra wrote:
btran874 wrote:Cobra, can you do quick poll? I think we all want to know trader sentiment on this board if the correction is over and we're heading new high or not right.

I'm voting ABC completed at 1358 with all toes and fingers. hahahha.... :mrgreen:

Thank you and sorry to bother you Cobra. I didn't know I can create a poll. :P
TWT

Post by TWT »

EURUSD: Follow up of the ED option
Attachments
EUR 30 MIN.png
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

30 Min chart .. MACD and Stocastics.. Looks overbought... Heading lower tomorrow??

screen.JPG
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

btran874 wrote:
Cobra wrote:

Thank you and sorry to bother you Cobra. I didn't know I can create a poll. :P
No bother, a poll here is a good idea. thanks.

pezhead9000

Post by pezhead9000 »

Spy block trades this morning:
10:30 11:30 1:30pm
# trades: 109 193 239
B/S ratio: 0.55 0.87 1.15
MF: $-92.27M -46.8M 70.01M ---> improved throughout the morning

TBT (short treasuries) are up - April calls exceed puts

however...

Spy May puts are still high
BAC May puts are high
agunther

Post by agunther »

SWalsh wrote:
agunther wrote: I have been following your charts with quite some interest, but I am not sure what exactly they mean and where you get those.

Thanks
There is a service you can get these from...search for HFTAlert. It also has a number of instructional articles.
Wonderful explanation. Thanks. I have been trying to figure this out based on volume graphs alone, but I think this might be the missing piece.
After the last few weeks, I believe most people will end up on the sidelines. I took a huge loss myself and I am FED (yes, thats a pun) up with the manipulation. Unfortunately many people feel the same, which will drive more and more people out of the markets.
Bots selling to bots. Not a healthy situation.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

TWT wrote:SPX: If this is the third ZZ of B

Maybe the final Triangle if forming
I agree we are putting in C or a corrective A-B-C off the top, but doesn't that "circle b" down there have a clear 5 wave move telling you that the lack of public involvement is letting the computers make shorter-term wave counts questionable?
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
TWT

Post by TWT »

SWalsh wrote:
TWT wrote:SPX: If this is the third ZZ of B

Maybe the final Triangle if forming
I agree we are putting in C or a corrective A-B-C off the top, but doesn't that "circle b" down there have a clear 5 wave move telling you that the lack of public involvement is letting the computers make shorter-term wave counts questionable?
I agree but I need a reasonable EWP "map" to work with
btran874

Post by btran874 »

I'm working on a chart. In the next 10 minutes, I'll show it to you all. It will blow your mind. :)

I promise! :mrgreen:
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

p-bar on DIA down to yesterday's close 129.76$.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

now it looks more like an ascending triangle, so still not bad chart for bulls.
Attachments
1.png

TWT

Post by TWT »

VIX: The Inverted H&S project
Attachments
VIX DAILY.png
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

agunther wrote:
SWalsh wrote:

Thanks
There is a service you can get these from...search for HFTAlert. It also has a number of instructional articles.
Wonderful explanation. Thanks. I have been trying to figure this out based on volume graphs alone, but I think this might be the missing piece.
After the last few weeks, I believe most people will end up on the sidelines. I took a huge loss myself and I am FED (yes, thats a pun) up with the manipulation. Unfortunately many people feel the same, which will drive more and more people out of the markets.
Bots selling to bots. Not a healthy situation.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=519&p=71884#p71884

The above like will take you to a page where I explained what is happening after someone said Program Trading isn't all that bad. That is a clueless remark.

I believe I reveal in that string of comments that on a very much listened to WABC syndicated show by John Batchelor, on two Sunday evenings ago I believe it was Simon Constable who stated that they cannot stop the machines now as the exchanges would implode. And if they implode the economy will also. He revealed that there is an FBI investigation going on into HFT activity that seems to have come from someone providing information caught-up i another insider trading investigation, and that the FBI has hired some former HFT traders to explain it to them. Also, some algo (HFts that are off-site and slower) from Russia appear to be manipulating thinly traded stocks.

I am trying to contact Simon Constable as his appearance has been stripped from the podcast. Was that a coincidence? If anyone thinks so, was it a coincidence that former NYSE head Grasso called them parasites and said they should be ripped out on MSNBC and that video of his appearance was removed in under 24 hours.

Look, I don't like saying this. But the exchanges exist now for the banks to siphon money from the mutual funds as in John Q. Public. They can no longer steal from Africa, South America, and Central America (read "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by a gentleman who worked for the State Department and reveals the deals he brokered designed to steal from them) so they have been forced to go domestic for profits. And as Simon Constable stated, The Law of Unintended Consequences could be quite severe for what the exchanges have permitted.

Between taxes and fees I don't think anyone will be in a position to day-trade within 5 years. A trader tax is getting more backing.
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

Cobra wrote:now it looks more like an ascending triangle, so still not bad chart for bulls.
Hi Cobra:
Is it time to set target for double bottom as 19.2 has been broken
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

I mean 139.2
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, hopefully this time it's a valid breakout finally, not confirmed yet, wait.
Attachments
1.png