Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

05/11/2012 Live Update

cougar

Re: 05/11/2012 Live Update

Post by cougar »

xfradnex wrote:Spy and Russell Elder Close now red.
Also: VIX breaking up!
KENA

Post by KENA »

COBRA..Thanks for the week..See everyone next week..Have a good weekend.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. I'm really sleepy although I had a very good sleep last night. the feeling isn't good as it looks like just a few bots trying to buy the dip based on the "not up to date" algo, but the majority has no desire to buy this market, therefore after a fast popup then the market began to drop on its own weight, simply there's no buyers there. I have no idea what the next Monday would bring us and I'm actually worried now if I can find something to say in today's Trading Signals. Thank you guys, I'll see you the next Monday.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
cougar

Post by cougar »

cougar wrote:
Here is VIX
Attachments
VIX.GIF
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

agunther wrote:
Cobra wrote:
wayne0708 wrote:
Cobra wrote:volume surge, hopefully that means something, such as rebound. boring, really boring day.
I would give up hope on rebound for today Cobra :mrgreen:
well, at least big guys tried, see that phantom bar? :mrgreen:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the significance of these?
used to be the target in the next few days, worked very well. No idea now.

ukarlewitz

Post by ukarlewitz »

CPCI highest close since Sept 2011
snakehead

Post by snakehead »

ukarlewitz@yahoo.com wrote:CPCI highest close since Sept 2011

What is CPCI again? I am not familiar with it. :|
"We got a runaway train boy, we got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future. Every one of 'em getting ready to fist-#### God's ex-planet, lick their fingers clean as they reach out toward their pristine, cybernetic keyboards to tote up their f##ing billable hours. And then it hits home!"
TWT

Post by TWT »

SPX: its a bunch of overlapping waves. Then maybe price is completing a Triangle wave (B)
Attachments
SPX  5 MIN.png
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

cougar wrote:
XIV closes Red also :twisted:
Attachments
Untitled.png
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
taggard

Post by taggard »

ukarlewitz@yahoo.com wrote:CPCI highest close since Sept 2011
very good point thank you
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

ELLIOT WAVE IS NOT EASY!

And it is even more difficult with computers gaming it.

Someone dropped by here and posted a bunch of EW charts, was quite wrong Wednesday on Thursday's call for a gap-and-run, and pissed on the bear parade today. Curious motives indeed. I did not post my wave count (it will bias my thinking and I do not wish anyone to lose money on my thoughts) but EW almost always has a "preferred" count and an "alternate count". I didn't have his as either. Around 11:30ish Cobra was saying "uh oh". I agreed. I bought SPY 136 puts. I wish I had bought 1000 of them. But I am more concerned with trying to get in tune with what these machines are doing.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts. Do your own work. Do NOT rely solely only on others.....you take the loss, not them.

This is what I looked at today. "IF" it is right, this could be a complex correction for new lows AND it fits well as the 2nd correction is taking place after an X wave drop. It all implies weakness. And in taking this much time I don't think it's a wave 4 but rather a wave 2 so we could really get hit! The drop today though makes me consider we might bounce one more time and it is not a-b-c-x-a-b-c but a triangle with a-b-c-x-a-b-c-d-e.

Nothing from the lows has been impulsive in structure, despite what some Greeks might tell you.
Attachments
2012-05-11_1612.png
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

TWT wrote:SPX: its a bunch of overlapping waves. Then maybe price is completing a Triangle wave (B)
I can't say, nor can anyone, anything but it locked between lines. And one can do quite well if they see that forming.

I don't believe this is corrective going down. There are too many longer term things saying 100 SPX+ lower. By Wed we should have a good idea. If Cramer says "JPM is fine", well then we know ;)
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

cougar wrote:
cougar wrote:
Here is VIX
Blue crosses Pink, we go up?
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Cobra wrote:....I have no idea what the next Monday would bring us and I'm actually worried now if I can find something to say in today's Trading Signals....
WEEKEND SUGGESTION BOX
Cobra could you bla bla (on your subscription board) about the date and details on the CBOE changing the put/call ratio (Sentimentrader/last night disqus)… what it means….what the new calculation is ….what you think about it… link to more cboe or analysis stuff ...etc ...it sounds pretty important (?)
THANKS VERY MUCH
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
taggard

Post by taggard »

Al_Dente wrote:
Cobra wrote:....I have no idea what the next Monday would bring us and I'm actually worried now if I can find something to say in today's Trading Signals....
WEEKEND SUGGESTION BOX
Cobra could you bla bla (on your subscription board) about the date and details on the CBOE changing the put/call ratio (Sentimentrader/last night disqus)… what it means….what the new calculation is ….what you think about it… link to more cboe or analysis stuff ...etc ...it sounds pretty important (?)
THANKS VERY MUCH
Short on time right now so will let cobra explain all the details

But the closing total cboe put call was 1.25. that is a fairly high ratio of puts to calls (so 1.25 puts to each call) and it implies everyone is hedging or short. large numbers of these puts all come due (or burnout if you like) next friday. the clue is everyone is short. or hedged expecting trouble.

it's different this time since we have not had high put call ratios since 11-2011. and it's a moderately extreme reading you can use your stockcharts to look at the past year or so and see what you think. in the context i am watching (10 and 30 day mas of the nyse advance decline line) this means we are now nearing a decent (not amazing) oversold reading in both the 10 and 30 day time frames just as everyone on the planet goes short or at least covers up.

if the usual rules apply it is a couple of days after a large reading that you get some sort of bounce.

cobe put call is best thought of as similar to over bot and over sold--that is it is not exact--but an indication all things being equal. in my case since both the 10 and 30 mas of the nyse ad line are oversold--i am doubly interested.

overall put call stuff is not required for trading--it's an addon indicator. but since i trade options i spend more time with this stuff.

good luck with your trades
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente wrote:
WEEKEND SUGGESTION BOX
THANKS VERY MUCH
I need do some research. It might affect Non-Stop mode, so need change that. :(

snakehead

Post by snakehead »

SWalsh wrote:
TWT wrote:SPX: its a bunch of overlapping waves. Then maybe price is completing a Triangle wave (B)
I can't say, nor can anyone, anything but it locked between lines. And one can do quite well if they see that forming.

I don't believe this is corrective going down. There are too many longer term things saying 100 SPX+ lower. By Wed we should have a good idea. If Cramer says "JPM is fine", well then we know ;)

<< If Cramer says "JPM is fine", well then we know >> Ha ha ha :lol:

I bought a load of FAZ based on the "cockroach theory" (or 'theorem' :P ) It is legend as to how much derivative risk these firms are exposed to -- this may be the event that shines a light on that.

BTW, how do u like my new avatar: it represents a human sacrifice to the "machines" -- I'm sure Kubrick had that in mind when he filmed it.
"We got a runaway train boy, we got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future. Every one of 'em getting ready to fist-#### God's ex-planet, lick their fingers clean as they reach out toward their pristine, cybernetic keyboards to tote up their f##ing billable hours. And then it hits home!"
ronrico

Post by ronrico »

Once again the nite session gets the trade in the direction of the trend and we get to try to catch the falling knife in the day session.
The mkt has been rallying after europe closes mostly lately
Last edited by ronrico on Mon May 14, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronrico

Post by ronrico »

Here's a very believeable target for gld at 135 area
http://www.etf-corner.com/markets/