Re: 05/19/2012 Weekend Discussion

Post by cougar »

NKE looks strong - not surprisingly - in the summer of the Olympics
Attachments
NKE.GIF
cougar

Post by cougar »

SPY fast Renko update: LOD Friday was at the base of the MM octave.
We’ll see if it holds tomorrow. Almost everybody I know is essentially long...
Attachments
SPY.GIF
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

I ran my Elder on the 11 largest stock indexes; all are in the Red except for india. All have ATR(10)s that have decended strongly into the rebound area, however none of them have positive slopes yet (indicating a rebound in process), except the FTSE.

CHK looks like it may have reached it's bottom; UNG has been green for a long while, helping slowing CHK's fall. UNG may go red any second; If CHK does not drop like a rock after this, Maybe CHK is a good play. Hopefully all the big players have finished their dumping (T Bone Picken switched from CHK to DVN staying in the Gas game, causing alot of the CHK drop).
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
snakehead

Post by snakehead »

Danger Danger Will Robinson !! :o

Warning signal:

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/93006859/

PIMCO Total Return Fund (PTTRX) versus the TLT:

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=PTTR ... undefined;
"We got a runaway train boy, we got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future. Every one of 'em getting ready to fist-#### God's ex-planet, lick their fingers clean as they reach out toward their pristine, cybernetic keyboards to tote up their f##ing billable hours. And then it hits home!"
cougar

Post by cougar »

SPY update, from last night:
SPY should go at least to 133 (first MM resistance/reversal level =2/8) to give any credibility to this "rally".
Let the talking heads do their job...LOL!
Attachments
SPY.GIF
Auole

Post by Auole »

WOW Snakehead. That video spoketh to me. Today 2Yr treas, 5Yr treas, AND junk bonds all UP a bit today. 30 Yr Treas, well, okay, lower high, however, VolumeFlowIndicator no new low yet (and very much over 1 = buy/sell signal). Bear prowling for next meal? Also checked FedResrveBuySellBond link in today's intraday blog. For 22 - 31 May Fed proposes approx $16B buys and 16 sells.
Cougar - I am truly pleased to see you posting. Thanks for the gold chart. Hope you read this cuz I am drooling to see how you get those arrows. ¿¿{ :<please)?? Also thanks for PLX info. Am watching it. Did U buy?
Final tidbit. Friend of family who runs large brokerage Sold their /ZB 30YrTreas on Fri. I'm not saying, just still watching.
Auole

Post by Auole »

Cougar's Reply:
"Paging Auole: yes I bought PLX.

On the GLD chart, the arrows are not always where they should be, for 2 reasons: 1). parallax effect during download/upload and 2). because sometimes they are leftovers of some indicator that I had removed in the meantime. Usually they observe the color of the underlying indicator. The chart that you saw during the weekend has now been ”cleaned”. It appears that the rise of GLD stopped at the midline of the Regression Channel. Caution!

The same 2 days “slim Jim” is obvious on the fast Renko, where it appears as a “gold box”. As I mentioned before, I am GLD hedged now by selling (on Friday ) weekly GLD 155C (covered calls). These calls dropped 28% today while GLD ended up +0.16%. Interesting?!

On the Renko chart, the arrows are: dark green = early signal and bright green = confirmation, as the price climbs above the 2 stacks of MAs, in 2 steps."

Cougar - HI. And I thought you had some sort of very special unique crossover indicator. Well, the specialty there is your hard work, discipline and what you have worked out for you as your system. I didn't initially register the color with your different indicators. Love those insight lights. I'd comment further but haven't figured out yet how to on TOS to do those elipses and the/your? renko dot-dashes, but they sure seem to work well. Don't they ever sort of confuse you like my Many CCI/STO's specified for however many bars I am using to define a trend's end/beginning? Well, Hope you kept your gold covered calls. My only real indicator last night was a Large sell off of RGLD at EOD [and in the back of my ears-perked-consciousness was Cobra's 'buy DZZ']. So,this morning I waited. 10:30 am shorted gold with DUST. Guess I shouldn't have sold near EOD and my inner voice was urging me to hold but did I listen? Nope. And on down they go. Maybe soon I'll grow into calls and puts. Since you most generously share here is my special indicator (a gift from a ShadowTrader; written for E-mini but sort of works on gold with less ticks).
I will try to post and page you tomorrow a.m. about this posting which will give continuum to anyone reading last weekend's watering. (or fellow bloggers curious about what we might be conspiring)
forCougargoldCE512.png