louie

Re: 06/04/2012 Live Update

Post by louie »

Petsamo wrote:So who's shortin?
Not yet, but getting close. (for Me)
pezhead9000

Post by pezhead9000 »

A lot of block trade interest in BSV (Vanguard short-term bond fund)
Trades: 31
B/S: 16.92
MF: $298.66M

FYI - recent # of trades averages < 10
Last edited by pezhead9000 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L_T

Post by L_T »

louie wrote:
L_T wrote:
louie wrote:L_T, pragcap is into MMR not MMT.
Huh?
Just what I said. Cullen dropped out of the MMT camp long time ago. Into MMR. MMT had way too many flaws.
Sorry I work in health care so when I see MMR I think measles, mumps, rhubella ha ha.

Wow looks like I haven't been to his website in a while! Looks like they are splitting hairs to me. I just always bring up this idea whenever people start squawking about bringing back the gold standard or beating up fiat money in general. It's vastly superior to issue paper we have faith in rather than peg money to some heavy lump of yellow metal.
EvilTrader

Post by EvilTrader »

Richarab wrote:
louie wrote:This is one very impressive "squeeze"
this is may not be a squeeze
But rather the "solution"?!?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wcpo30
Correct.

Maybe a third option : Speculation :lol:
louie

Post by louie »

L_T wrote:
louie wrote:
L_T wrote:
louie wrote:L_T, pragcap is into MMR not MMT.
Huh?
Just what I said. Cullen dropped out of the MMT camp long time ago. Into MMR. MMT had way too many flaws.
Sorry I work in health care so when I see MMR I think measles, mumps, rhubella ha ha.

Wow looks like I haven't been to his website in a while! Looks like they are splitting hairs to me. I just always bring up this idea whenever people start squawking about bringing back the gold standard or beating up fiat money in general. It's vastly superior to issue paper we have faith in rather than peg money to some heavy lump of yellow metal.
My wife works in health care (respitory). I just "gamble" in the market.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

louie wrote:
My sell the rip spot always (always) 5 min. chart 144ma initial lot, 390ma last lot. the stop if break out 390ma and retest. it will be buy lot from then on.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

taggard wrote:
Cobra wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
nicha wrote:Cobra - I have been struggling with learning charting for some time. Is there a course (online or classes) that will teach me charting?
I think almost all of us have learned by piecing together information from different websites, Dummies books and each other.
yeap, that's my answer too, I just don't know how to say it in English even in Chinese. Well said, thanks.
my largest mistakes in learning were making things complicated and learning hundreds of different ideas indicators and so on. the temptation is to believe that there is some correct way to go using many indicators that create a confluence which is usually correct. or i thought that. this all turned out to be totally wrong and just very very simple price action has worked better. often in martial arts or some other competitive situation knowing tons of techniques is not the issue just being able to do maybe 3 things very well is more useful. esp when under pressure.

so i would offer (1) keep things simple. (2) do not worry too much about tons of indicators. (3) as above try to grasp the feel behind the charts.

charts are clues. just as a word is a clue in a conversation not an end itself. use rules but look for clues such as momentum of the move (strong or weak) and so on. so it's not just what is said it is how it is said. For short term chart reading if you can stand it--try al brooks--he tries to get across how to read each price bar and that is a good place to start. or try just reading cobra and not anyone else for a while--there is less detail but you will slowly get exposed over and over to very useful chart stuff.

bottom line? just as in anything--
try esp at the start to keep it real simple
concentrate on one chart in one time frame with the fewest possible indicators and build outward as far as you think you have to slowly over time.

it's like learning musical stuff or athletics etc--the stronger the base (eg suffer at the start on simple ideas and making them default reactions or habit) the easier later.
Well said too, thanks. Actually, reading the daily post here in this forum is enough, gradually people'd get the feelings. Seriously, I'd wish when I started trading I'd have some place like this teaching me how to read chart, LIVE!

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Hmm.. I guess whoever was monitoring today must have been on a poop break and is back now.
louie

Post by louie »

BullBear52x wrote:
louie wrote:
My sell the rip spot always (always) 5 min. chart 144ma initial lot, 390ma last lot. the stop if break out 390ma and retest. it will be buy lot from then on.
That's very good! Will study that. I go all in (on 5 min) at 360 ma. Really don't know why - just seems to work for me. :)
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Hey I didn't even notice we have entered POWER HOUR!!!
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

louie wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
louie wrote:
That's very good! Will study that. I go all in (on 5 min) at 360 ma. Really don't know why - just seems to work for me. :)
Cool, they are equiv to 5dma really fair speed on normal human speed of reaction.
Richarab

06/04/2012 Live Update

Post by Richarab »

MrMiyagi wrote:Hmm.. I guess whoever was monitoring today must have been on a poop break and is back now.
the hft guy has diareaha

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lljcnz
taggard

Post by taggard »

Well said too, thanks. Actually, reading the daily post here in this forum is enough, gradually people'd get the feelings. Seriously, I'd wish when I started trading I'd have some place like this teaching me how to read chart, LIVE!

agree totally on the daily posts. the problem of course is that there are so many different people posting so much stuff people tend to get sucked in. consider how few here are actually using your "insanely simple mostly non confirmed just the price action thing" (ismncjtpat school). so the danger is people just starting out get sucked into trying to resolve 10 different ideas.

the worst part about beginning is you rarely know enough to know if the teacher has a clue.

the problem is explaining to some one that just doing this one thing 1000x is 100,000 faster than doing 10 things 100 times. and explaining that part of the reason is this is not theory--you have to apply it under epic pressure and be all frosty.

finally you used a bad word "gradually". the idea that something like trading could take years to learn is horrifying to some people. why is it that everyone figures it takes 4 years to get a ba in something like biology but says "i want to make money in trading fast"? even a run of the mill black belt takes most 3-4 years.

so slower is faster--simpler is more complex--watch out for reading everyone here and getting confused. and finally please keep it simple--complex trades are wonderful to bore women with at parties--but just read a book and memorize these--and keep your "dumb but hey it works stuff" to your self. you can bore her just as well this way and make money sooner.
louie

Post by louie »

BullBear52x wrote:
louie wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
louie wrote:
Cool, they are equiv to 5dma really fair speed on normal human speed of reaction.
BB, I'm not even close to normal :) Think that damn Vietnam war screwed me up (just a little). Take WAY too many chances!
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

intraday sell here on 5 min. see arrow, no new low bears are little tired.
Attachments
1.JPG
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

louie wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
louie wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
BB, I'm not even close to normal :) Think that damn Vietnam war screwed me up (just a little). Take WAY too many chances!
wars sucks, what about " me love you long time part?" :lol: :lol: :lol: I joke.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

hmm, I'm a little disappointed, another false alarm? unbelievable but it's normal, I saw this happened several times. :roll:
Attachments
1.png

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Thanks Cobra and everyone, GLTA

TA note: nothing new beside the over sold is on.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

maintain the plan by the way.
Attachments
1.png

louie

Post by louie »

BullBear52x wrote:
louie wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
louie wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
wars sucks, what about " me love you long time part?" :lol: :lol: :lol: I joke.
:lol: Navy BM Petty Officer running the brown rivers 65-68. All we saw was bullets and rockets.