06/25/2012 Live Update

xfradnex

Re: 06/25/2012 Live Update

Post by xfradnex »

xfradnex wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
xfradnex wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
DrAl. I believe that you have to match STOs with current market conditions; otherwise you are going to get a bunch of whipsaws in your STOs. This requires experimentation. This should be dependent on the time between major peaks and valleys and the sample rate. I believe that some of the authors of TA don't really understand the hows and whys of tuning STOs so they just give out a conservative setting to make things easy for the readers/students. :geek: :ugeek: :geek: .
XFRANDEX
Got it, thanks :mrgreen:
[Also, I deleted my settings from those posts, so as not to harm anyone. Please do me a favor and “edit” your last post and erase my settings, thx]
I don't believe your setting would hurt anyone. If you are in this game, it is just one of the risks. I do think that we should change our signatures. The signature should state something to the affect: Don't believe anything I say above, it is not based on reality, and you may lose your A$$ or money if you do believe me :shock: :lol: :cry: .
I think that the number of samples used in a STO should not exceed the number of samples between major peaks.
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

XFRANDEX :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: “”””””Don't believe anything I say above, it is not based on reality, and you may lose your A$$”””””””

Actually I’m partial to your “flip that coin”

Things that make me go hmmmmmm on yr elders
JNK should have gone more red
What/why HDGE?
XLP why aren’t all those bears buying more defensives
why do u think aapl will pop when it just now FINALLY turned red; can’t it have a few more red days?
UNG 8 straight days of greens…. how many more can there be before a breather?
And more

Actually this is first day I used yr elders for “alerts”… or “wake up call”
In other words: eg: saw JNK….. went immediately to intraday and daily JNK to see how/why…
(maybe toooooo simplistic on my part) still working on understanding it better…

c u tomorrow :mrgreen: :geek:
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:XFRANDEX :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: “”””””Don't believe anything I say above, it is not based on reality, and you may lose your A$$”””””””

Actually I’m partial to your “flip that coin”

Things that make me go hmmmmmm on yr elders
JNK should have gone more red
What/why HDGE?
XLP why aren’t all those bears buying more defensives
why do u think aapl will pop when it just now FINALLY turned red; can’t it have a few more red days?
UNG 8 straight days of greens…. how many more can there be before a breather?
And more

Actually this is first day I used yr elders for “alerts”… or “wake up call”
In other words: eg: saw JNK….. went immediately to intraday and daily JNK to see how/why…
(maybe toooooo simplistic on my part) still working on understanding it better…

c u tomorrow :mrgreen: :geek:
For apple, read my disclaimer. :mrgreen: Big buyers buy AAPL as part of their portfollio. If the market goes down, so does apple. But if apple is not sliding as fast as QQQ, a zero movement day for QQQ should be a positive day for apple. HDGE seems to be a higher performer going short and on long days it does not do that bad because it is betting on crippled companies to go down. As far as JNK is concerned, I do see a problem going short with the market because JNK should be more sensitive to down market trends.
Flip that coin.

My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Dr Al,
Check this chart out and see if it matches my eye chart for JNK/SPY ratio. It appears JNK has some behavior that is not predictable and some that is. The best indicator was JNK by itself between March and April. :?: Check out the circles. Circles 1 and 3 indicate market up. 2 indicates market down. Does Circle 4 = down :?: :idea: :shock:
Attachments
Untitled.png
Flip that coin.

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

XFRANDEX
I don’t use the JNK/SPY ratio. I like to compare opposites instead: risk-on/risk-off
I use JNK/LQD or HYG/LQD (but JNK/$UST gives a more “”true”” picture of risk versus safety).
It sometimes give me decent positive/negative divergence signals that I can work with… and when it clearly tells which one is dominant…. that’s where we’re headed…but it is only ONE of many good/lousy indicators… never used alone…
zh is talking about exactly that tonite… without using ratios… http://www.zerohedge.com/news/heres-why ... stocks-yet

ps u crack me up… re aapl… “see my disclaimer” :lol: :lol: :lol:
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.