Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/25/2012 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 06/25/2012 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. as I said the rebound is weak, so I'm generally not optimistic about bulls. that said, the market is constantly on the change, so I always reserve the rights to change my view at anytime. Thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Cobra,
So what's the NYUPV:NYDNV count at now and what does The Number 9 relate to? Yoko Ono?
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

No significant last buys or sells. I had the option of selling but I stayed with RSX (Russia). I hope the comrades don't shoot me in the foot
Twitter @jackwag0n
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Elders just before close. Note DIA/SPY and AAPL/QQQ (AAPL gaining agains QQQ). If zero day on QQQ, expect AAPL to pop.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Last edited by xfradnex on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
OverUnder

Post by OverUnder »

Can I crawl out of my bunker yet?
dr659

Post by dr659 »

MrMiyagi wrote:Cobra,
So what's the NYUPV:NYDNV count at now and what does The Number 9 relate to? Yoko Ono?
Now what if a 6 turned out to be 9 8-)
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Petsamo wrote:No significant last buys or sells. I had the option of selling but I stayed with RSX (Russia). I hope the comrades don't shoot me in the foot
In Russia, market short you!
TWT

Post by TWT »

SPX: The DZZ idea needs one more down leg with potential target in the area of 1300
Attachments
spx 15 min.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

xfradnex wrote:Elders just befor close. Note DIA/SPY and AAPL/QQQ (AAPL gaining agains QQQ). If zero day on QQQ, expect QQQ to pop.
Thanks X I’ll be studying that for a while AH
Your favorite tail finder, pardon, my BOTTOM FINDER volume = short term bottom
I usually just use it for short term “next day” signal; it’s frequently/not always accurate
COBRA POSTED A CHART (2:59 post?) WITH THE VOLUME RATIO AT THE TOP which I think is better, and makes me recollect that I probably “borrowed”
then tweaked most of my volume cues from Cobra ( :roll: ;) :? :oops: :twisted: :mrgreen:)
625bottomfinder.png
But petsamo’s spreadsheet = gap down …I like his spreadsheet thingie, although I don’t understand how/why.

So I’m back to my normal state: clueless (favoring: little squeeze flag, fail, then resume bear again)
Unless we get a gnarly violent squeeze, we should be dancing… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrtFwmun ... re=related
btran874

Post by btran874 »

TWT wrote:SPX: The DZZ idea needs one more down leg with potential target in the area of 1300
exact what I had in mind. abcxabc. :)

so small rally tomorrow morning, then dump for the rest of the day until 3:05PM then rally into close.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

“Beijing is hungry to secure mineral resources abroad but overspending and project delays reveal many mining groups are ill-prepared for global expansion”
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/fa3d44de ... z1yq8aChW2

[If u have trouble accessing a Financial Times story: u have to register FOR FREE, then they allow you to view 10 FREE stories a month;
more than that requires a paid sub. ]
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:
xfradnex wrote:Elders just befor close. Note DIA/SPY and AAPL/QQQ (AAPL gaining agains QQQ). If zero day on QQQ, expect QQQ to pop.
Thanks X I’ll be studying that for a while AH
Your favorite tail finder, pardon, my BOTTOM FINDER volume = short term bottom
I usually just use it for short term “next day” signal; it’s frequently/not always accurate
COBRA POSTED A CHART (2:59 post?) WITH THE VOLUME RATIO AT THE TOP which I think is better, and makes me recollect that I probably “borrowed”
then tweaked most of my volume cues from Cobra ( :roll: ;) :? :oops: :twisted: :mrgreen:)
The attachment 625bottomfinder.png is no longer available
But petsamo’s spreadsheet = gap down …I like his spreadsheet thingie, although I don’t understand how/why.

So I’m back to my normal state: clueless (favoring: little squeeze flag, fail, then resume bear again)
Unless we get a gnarly violent squeeze, we should be dancing… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrtFwmun ... re=related
Happy bear = clueless. :shock: ;) :mrgreen: I agree for the most part. It looks like the the bowl formed during today is not steep on the right side. Maybe another limited range day tomorrow with a drop near the end of the day with a drop overnight. My roll of dice. :?: It looks like the more crimped the lines in your top graph are in the 20-0 area the higher the predictive power of a bottom when the black line turns up. :)
Attachments
Untitled.png
Flip that coin.

My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

MrMiyagi wrote:
Petsamo wrote:No significant last buys or sells. I had the option of selling but I stayed with RSX (Russia). I hope the comrades don't shoot me in the foot
In Russia, market short you!
No comprende

I'm hoping Russia will outperform Brazil. That's why I'm in it.
Twitter @jackwag0n
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

cougar wrote:Paging KeiZai!

Sorry for the delayed answer…Last night, while I was checking the weekend posts, I stumbled over an offensive exchange of hatred that Cobra also noticed …and I decided to stay away from this environment…I got out without publishing a series of charts and discussions which I posted on Twitter instead…in an abbreviated form.
Yeah...sure...okay....let's cut the gratuitous, sanctimonious crap that you are offended by such speech. I didn't start this problem, but I sure will settle it. So take it up with the other guy, coward that he/she is. I wouldn't be surprised if you registered that name and slammed me. But then again, you have demonstrated that you do not know how to properly parse a sentence, so it's unlikely you could do both.

Don't quit your day job. One of us is a professional...care to guess who?

BTW, Sherlock, listen and learn a few things. Cobra knew almost 24 hours ahead of time about that individual who pulled that stunt, knew his IP address, and told me not to worry. But since the address wasn't blocked it must be one of the regular knuckleheads who threatened me. And leaving that post up from "walsh_slayer" was a very dishonorable thing to do. You don't see me registering a name like "cougar_killer". And you don't see me falsely claiming that I read something and my panties were in a knot so I decided to "deprive" the board for what I had read. I hate the stench of lies. There are a few nice people I have met here. some of who I speak to privately. Then there are are a few wannabe professionals (hint) who think a chart makes a trader. Keep working on that perfect analysis - it's why professionals make the money we do. You think you helped the board today with your bullshit comment? Think again.
Last edited by SWalsh on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

xfradnex wrote:Elders just befor close. Note DIA/SPY and AAPL/QQQ (AAPL gaining agains QQQ). If zero day on QQQ, expect AAPL to pop.
correction: expect AAPL to Pop not QQQ.
Flip that coin.

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING XFRANDEX:
“””It looks like the more crimped the lines in your top graph are ...the higher the predictive power ...when the black line turns ...”””””
EXACTAMUNDO.
It’s just an STO (momo) with a bolinger overlay.
Any bolinger crimp “compression” indicates an impending move (but never “tells” the direction)….the STO movement tells the direction
BUT the bolingers can compress for days and days, it is only WHEN THE STO BLACK LINE TURNS UP (down) after compressing,
that the buy (sell) becomes a VALID signal…
But sometimes the bb just doesn’t compress much at all…. and it can just bang around the oversold (or overbought) zone as long as it wants to…..

U r exactly spot on when u say: “…the more crimped… the higher the predictive power…”
Also, the longer it crimps, the stronger the signal and the move when the STO finally leaps

Here’s another view of STO coupled with the bolinger crimp and the resulting buy (green circles) and sell (red circles) signals.
[edit: the yellow orange boxes mark the "crimps"] [edit: portions deleted]
pps: John Bolinger calls the crimp or compression a “squeeze” of the bands…. but WE use the word “squeeze” for other special purposes… :geek: :geek:
625bbcrimp.png
Last edited by Al_Dente on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

For those looking at markets thinking Elliott Wave, if you look around the world, even to the Malaysian market, every metric shows the rally from June 4th was an A-B-C.
Last edited by SWalsh on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:PAGING XFRANDEX:
“””It looks like the more crimped the lines in your top graph are ...the higher the predictive power ...when the black line turns ...”””””
EXACTAMUNDO.
It’s just an STO (momo) with a bolinger overlay.
Any bolinger crimp “compression” indicates an impending move (but never “tells” the direction)….the STO movement tells the direction
BUT the bolingers can compress for days and days, it is only WHEN THE STO BLACK LINE TURNS UP (down) after compressing,
that the buy (sell) becomes a VALID signal…
But sometimes the bb just doesn’t compress much at all…. and it can just bang around the oversold (or overbought) zone as long as it wants to…..

U r exactly spot on when u say: “…the more crimped… the higher the predictive power…”
Also, the longer it crimps, the stronger the signal and the move when the STO finally leaps

pps: John Bolinger calls the crimp or compression a “squeeze” of the bands…. but WE use the word “squeeze” for other special purposes… :geek: :geek:
625bbcrimp.png
DrAl. I believe that you have to match STOs with current market conditions; otherwise you are going to get a bunch of whipsaws in your STOs. This requires experimentation. This should be dependent on the time between major peaks and valleys and the sample rate. I believe that some of the authors of TA don't really understand the hows and whys of tuning STOs so they just give out a conservative setting to make things easy for the readers/students. :geek: :ugeek: :geek: .
Last edited by xfradnex on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flip that coin.

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

xfradnex wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
DrAl. I believe that you have to match STOs with current market conditions; otherwise you are going to get a bunch of whipsaws in your STOs. This requires experimentation. This should be dependent on the time between major peaks and valleys and the sample rate. I believe that some of the authors of TA don't really understand the hows and whys of tuning STOs so they just give out a conservative setting to make things easy for the readers/students. :geek: :ugeek: :geek: .
XFRANDEX
Got it, thanks :mrgreen:
[Also, I deleted my settings from those posts, so as not to harm anyone. Please do me a favor and “edit” your last post and erase my settings, thx]
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:
xfradnex wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
XFRANDEX
Got it, thanks :mrgreen:
[Also, I deleted my settings from those posts, so as not to harm anyone. Please do me a favor and “edit” your last post and erase my settings, thx]
I don't believe your setting would hurt anyone. If you are in this game, it is just one of the risks. I do think that we should change our signatures. The signature should state something to the affect: Don't believe anything I say above, it is not based on reality, and you may lose your A$$ or money if you do believe me :shock: :lol: :cry: .
Flip that coin.