Post by SWalsh »

TraderGirl wrote:
SWalsh wrote:
fehro wrote:trendlines fwiw. triangle?
Major rule of mine (think of Ringo)

"No, No, No, No,
I don't go gainst de TRIX No More,
I'm tired of waking up on the floor"

(can't wait to snooze today..."I think the clock is slow"...ZZZZZ)
Nice chart Walsh...

Thanks....I just don't like going against the TRIX. It's one of those few things that, in the past, I ignored and the mkt told me not to do that again.

I've got two more hours of this book on audio. It's making me ill as the government - I should say politicians on both sides such as Clinton, Bush, Cox, Gram, Frank, et al - had to be lining their pockets as this was happening. My nephew just moved from Merrill to WF. They also have no great ideas how to generate income and have great fear, at least in his money management area, of stock exposure.

For those who missed an earlier post, I covered a new book that ZH spoke of, "Dark Pools..." on the weekend. It should be a mandatory question Cobra asks to post here....the book that is:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=597&p=82980#p82980
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
Auole

Re: 07/02/2012 Live Update

Post by Auole »

Some Casey funnies. Very Good 4th to all.
The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in the Middle East and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved."

Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be alright, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.

A final thought - "Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 480 BC"...
KENA

Post by KENA »

First trading day for July is green So now the trivia is up 19 of 23 years. :lol: :lol:
Mr. T

Post by Mr. T »

Bears or beers????

I'll take the beers...... it's just more cheery anyway.
Grumpy old bears.... they need a beer or two.
-T

"Treat Your Mother Right!!!!"
rola

Post by rola »

Cobra, again it is an all up day - $, bonds, stocks, just VIX vent down at close? :roll: :?:
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Auole wrote:Some Casey funnies. Very Good 4th to all.
The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in the Middle East and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved."

Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be alright, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.

A final thought - "Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 480 BC"...
Very funny :lol: :lol:
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

GREAT BOOK POINT:

Levine created "Island" and it tore the mkts apart. He now greatly regrets that he did stating:

"All of this I created and it's now a video game. People paying millions and even billions for nanoseconds to shine technology onto finance. All that intellect making vast sums of money could probably cure cancer in a year if pulled together".

He is clearly not happy with what he came-up with as an 18 year old genius programmer.

Part 3 of the book is entitled, "IT IS OVER"
...and they mean the marketplace!
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

rola wrote:Cobra, again it is an all up day - $, bonds, stocks, just VIX vent down at close? :roll: :?:
not all up day, gold and oil are down.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Auole :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

what a nice textbook trade :lol: I wish all trades were like this :(
Attachments
Trade.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

they are trying hard :lol:
Attachments
dollar index futures
dollar index futures
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
TradingJackal

Post by TradingJackal »

One for the road! Look at how the curves and fibs fit in. With the stoch overbought, I would not be surprised to see some weakness at open.
Attachments
SPY.png
There are no bulls or bears in the market. Only wolves and sheep.
Twitter @TradingJackal
http://tradingjackal.blogspot.com/
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

$NYMO finished at +83.51. Generally this is a reversal area but half day tomorrow.. who knows right? If it does go up tomorrow then for sure down after the 4th, probably some terrorist event somewhere... KIDDING!!!
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Daily Elders. More green on the World markets. UNG Blue but still making some progress. JNK/SPY Red. :)
Attachments
Untitled.png
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

xfradnex wrote:Daily Elders. More green on the World markets. UNG Blue but still making some progress. JNK/SPY Red. :)
XLP (defensives) gaining strength !!
ok fine then here are the leaders, pardon, here is the leader, daily chart
It’s not fair bcuz I can only compare 6 at a time while u can do 100 at a time
ps ung wow! :twisted: :ugeek: 8-) :? :geek:
72aapl.png
OverUnder

Post by OverUnder »

the problem isthat everyone and their brother thinks we go up tomorrow and then must go down on Thursday. ECB rate decision Thurs morning and we'll see if there's any other action that goes along with it, that's what will make the all or none difference.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:
xfradnex wrote:Daily Elders. More green on the World markets. UNG Blue but still making some progress. JNK/SPY Red. :)
XLP (defensives) gaining strength !!
ok fine then here are the leaders, pardon, here is the leader, daily chart
It’s not fair bcuz I can only compare 6 at a time while u can do 100 at a time
ps ung wow! :twisted: :ugeek: 8-) :? :geek:
72aapl.png
Quantity over Quality :lol:
Flip that coin.

My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Dr Al, see if you recognize this actor and house and what series are the two connected to? http://www.cbs.com/classics/perry_mason ... &play=true :mrgreen: :?: ,since you have been around awhile.
Flip that coin.

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

xfradnex wrote:Dr Al, see if you recognize this actor and house and what series are the two connected to? http://www.cbs.com/classics/perry_mason ... &play=true :mrgreen: :?: ,since you have been around awhile.
Not fair as my computer won’t show me the video; i get audio only
Recurring problem, don’t know why, I can’t get any more upgraded already :|
Plus I’m busy here :mrgreen: :geek: http://screencast.com/t/uWuoXciflD
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:
xfradnex wrote:Dr Al, see if you recognize this actor and house and what series are the two connected to? http://www.cbs.com/classics/perry_mason ... &play=true :mrgreen: :?: ,since you have been around awhile.
Not fair as my computer won’t show me the video; i get audio only
Recurring problem, don’t know why, I can’t get any more upgraded already :|
Plus I’m busy here :mrgreen: :geek: http://screencast.com/t/uWuoXciflD
Try this and try getting out of the stone age :lol:
Attachments
Untitled.png
Flip that coin.