Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/06/2012 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 07/06/2012 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. judging by the close, looks like someone knows some news in the weekend. I have no bias for the next Monday for now and a little bit bigger picture, the market gives no clear answer yet, so guess, yet again, we'll have to wait for the next Monday. Thank you guys, I'll see you the next Monday, no, I mean I'll see you tomorrow as now the weekend discussion thread does have many readers...
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

KeiZai wrote:Dax want to get back with spx drive...forget about it daxyboy it is very strong trendline buddy...no chance ;)
Those silly Germans! :?

I'm reading a great WW II book "The Storm of War: A New History of the Second World War".

I did not know, and I think few do, that Hitler launched Operation Barbarosa and expected the Slav to fall inside of six weeks. He wanted to defeat them so he could take over Britain as that was Churchill's only hope. Well he was right there. He just didn't figure on -20 degrees Celsius when six weeks had long passed. My point is that I expect Germany to fail in trying to keep everyone afloat so they don't sink.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Thanks Cobra.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

xfradnex wrote:
Cobra wrote:nothing to say, usually this kind of rebound should be 2 legged but 16 to close now.
Master Cobra, do you think this is more short covering? :?:
nobody dare to hold short over the weekend in case some other crash bailout plan announced in the weekend. I dare not hold short too.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Mr. T wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:OH MY GOODNESS
$VIX and all the vixies…..
Honey badgers
What a scam.......
How can anyone look at that and say it makes sense.
Mr T
It just means the options and futures volatility traders are leaning pretty bullish, no?
And by "leaning" I mean the way the Titanic started leaning……….
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Mr. T

Post by Mr. T »

Al_Dente wrote:
Mr. T wrote:
Honey badgers
What a scam.......
Mr T
It just means the options and futures volatility traders are leaning pretty bullish, no?
Well, if it's leaning that bad - shouldn't they be falling off the ship??? ;)

Looks like a scam to me.
-T

"Treat Your Mother Right!!!!"
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

xfradnex wrote: It seems like the turd (market) is still floating up with HTF help (not down). I don't see much good news except that every now and then someone throws out a life preserver with a hidden lead weight attached. When will the point come when we know the land slide will occur and HFTs will become ineffective?
An economics professor I know who is double booked (waiting list) each semester now on a course he designed, "Economic Booms and Busts in History", assures me that the way this must end is ONLY when the major players no longer believe the Lender of Last Resort (LOLR) is solvent enough to cause markets not just to be moved by it, but to fear it. The US Fed is the ONLY LOLR now. In Sept 2008 as Putnam announced it could not pay the $1 a share on its money market fund, Bernanke guaranteed every dollar deposit in existence. It only absolutely ends when we are impotent. A reading of economic disasters show there was no one there to intervene with authority and nature ran its course. And while people have been talking hyper-inflation and printing money, it's not working. Bernanke knows the odds are far greater we are going to see deflation. And that that point, defaults start and multiply.

When? I'd say sooner than later. For all the people calling Bush a dope for telling people after 9/11 to go to the malls and spend some money, he did that because if consumers cut spending by 10-15% we implode. Economic advisers said to make that point clear that it was patriotic to not be afraid....and spend some money to show them we aren't afraid. But it was all about keeping the credit card economy going.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
EvilTrader

Post by EvilTrader »

Al_Dente wrote:
Mr. T wrote:
Honey badgers
What a scam.......
Mr T
PRETTY NORMAL BEHAVIOR JUST BEFORE OPEX WEEK.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Cobra wrote:
xfradnex wrote:
Cobra wrote:nothing to say, usually this kind of rebound should be 2 legged but 16 to close now.
nobody dare to hold short over the weekend in case some other crash bailout plan announced in the weekend. I dare not hold short too.
Short (from higher)
Last edited by SWalsh on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING XFRADNEX
Lets see yr closing elders :shock:
“Don’t make me stop this car”
:mrgreen:
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

MrMiyagi wrote:
SWalsh wrote:
Historically it hadn't gone above 100 for 3 years (possibly 6) so unless you are invading Russia, history might not repeat itself.
LOL...good one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
noob

Post by noob »

Cobra wrote:
xfradnex wrote:
precisely why if nothing happens over the weekend will be down 10 points before market opens.
jdow

Post by jdow »

NOT OPEX WEEK next WEEK
EvilTrader wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
Mr. T wrote:
Honey badgers
What a scam.......
Mr T
PRETTY NORMAL BEHAVIOR JUST BEFORE OPEX WEEK.
TradingJackal

Post by TradingJackal »

Long and strong. To 1390, I say.
There are no bulls or bears in the market. Only wolves and sheep.
Twitter @TradingJackal
http://tradingjackal.blogspot.com/
rc1269

Post by rc1269 »

SWalsh wrote:Does this activity seem like we've seen it before?....maybe 7 days ago?

those don't look very similar. to me today looks more similar to last thursday (6/28) or monday (6/25). both gap down with bowl bottoms
TradingJackal

Post by TradingJackal »

Two options I am tracking. Monday/Tuesday may not be up up and away. TICK touched 1000 twice today. The second time it lead to a rally. No fear in the market. I guess unless we get some unexpected bad,bad,bad news, we will just keep melting up.
Attachments
ES.PNG
There are no bulls or bears in the market. Only wolves and sheep.
Twitter @TradingJackal
http://tradingjackal.blogspot.com/
snakehead

Post by snakehead »

TradingJackal wrote:Two options I am tracking. Monday/Tuesday may not be up up and away. TICK touched 1000 twice today. The second time it lead to a rally. No fear in the market. I guess unless we get some unexpected bad,bad,bad news, we will just keep melting up.

Thanks for your posts.

I'll use those as a contrarian indicator.
Island reversal gap down to 133 on Monday. :lol:
"We got a runaway train boy, we got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future. Every one of 'em getting ready to fist-#### God's ex-planet, lick their fingers clean as they reach out toward their pristine, cybernetic keyboards to tote up their f##ing billable hours. And then it hits home!"
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Daily Elders. World markets(12/15) are almost all blue. UNG Blue. :)
Attachments
Untitled.png
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

SWalsh wrote:Short (from higher)
It was just yesterday when someone was slamming you for going against the market.
Twitter @jackwag0n
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

MrMiyagi wrote:
TraderGirl wrote: Yes, but I think it's going to break out soon....
TLT breakout = market breakdown?
The mkt can do anything, but TLT looks like the top is in unless it extends. If that's the top it was some ride and we will also have investors themselves downgrade our debt. This could be wave 2 bouncing up, or a B wave. If this is corrective (B) a drop would have C=A around 121.25, if only .618 then around 123.60.

The HFTs have made the stock market a joke at times, but the bond mkt is far bigger and I don't know if they are able to move it as such. Besides, I thought we were worse than Greece in the final analysis?