Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/12/2012 Live Update

Al_Dente

Re: 07/12/2012 Live Update

Post by Al_Dente »

one more Q for tradergirl
I would think u’d have data up the wazoo on the impact of FRIDAY THE 13th on SPY, no?
bye :D
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:Ok fine then here’s my TWEAKED benandlloyd 5min SSO renko, with 10 cent boxes
I don’t get a clear buy signal yet, it’s still a counter-trend flag…on a sell signal
But then I have my signals set for late entry and early exit…….. oy
INTRADAY ONLY
712benlloydrenko.png

Dr Al. How did this chart turn out today?. :shock:
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Al_Dente wrote:
TraderGirl wrote:Dr. Al, this one is for you...Looking at /DX there seems to be an incomplete wave...I'm looking for a possible wave "v" to complete wave 5...
There's a count that could have us potentially bottom tomorrow, and then there is an alternate count that could have us potentially bottom next week....I'm leaning towards tomorrow, but I don't have a crystal ball.... :D :D
Thanks TG I don’t have decent $ futures on stockcharts
Here’s what I’m looking at heikin and elders $USD daily eod
Clear breakout above double top
Clearly overbought but notice in the May historic run she stayed ob (red circles) FOR ALMOST A MONTH !
Neg diverg (my bottom panel RSI default), and I also see neg d on your TSI, right?
Honey-badger may not care.
My target would be the upper limit of my blue uptrend line, which might correspond to your “5” but it may be a bumpy ride, like your zig zag indicates, maybe bumpier. I have to be prepared for it to relax and test its MA and reload b4 it goes higher. Would yr waves be ok if she pulls back to 25/50ma on the daily?
The attachment 712dollar.png is no longer available
This wave structure is for the next day or two max, would be negated on a move back to 25/50ma's. Once /DX wave structure is complete it is for a bounce move up in indexes, not a bull move. Does not negate the bullish price objective of the /DX.

There is resistance coming up on 84.18...Let's see if that causes a pull back in /DX move up on indexes... But, there is possible bearishness in August, could see the possibility that it reaches that price objective then...in 85-86 area...We will probably not see that price in the next week or so...IMHO..
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-07-12 at 5.08.22 PM.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

xfradnex wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:Ok fine then here’s my TWEAKED benandlloyd 5min SSO renko,...
Dr Al. How did this chart turn out today?. :shock:
It’s intraday only, now mixed, it went buy on the sqeeze, but only bounced up to the DOWNTREND MA
I’m not allowed to trade against the ST trend (bear) but sometimes…… :mrgreen:

The NYUPV/NYDNV brown ratio at the bottom (where I have the little green circle) shows bullbear52x's oversold signal which means bounce soon, but that sometimes takes a day or two to work, and sometimes it can be “cured” by a little gap or a little pop or sqz, so it’s a SUCKY signal……plus drives me crazy.
But again, this was intraday only and WILL change totally manana……..sorry I can’t b more helpful :x
i'm GONE fur sure now :mrgreen:
712benandlloyd.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Al_Dente wrote:one more Q for tradergirl
I would think u’d have data up the wazoo on the impact of FRIDAY THE 13th on SPY, no?
bye :D
Well, tomorrow Uranus goes retrograde, so whatever move the market makes could be exaggerated...
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:DOCTOR X
i’m still bearish, but I have a handful of bounce indicators too; some on this chart…
oy………….no that needs caps and dupes today…………..OY, OY, OY
i’ll just have to wait ‘till later tonight when the big snake will tell me what 2 do and where to go…
712dayspy.png
Is your XLP v XLP/SPY elder telling us something?
Note our offensive sectors, just bouncing around inside their downtrend channel
That’s really offensive isn’t it?
When they breakout … then I’ll pay attention…
712offensive.png
do me a favor. HYG/LQD and JNK/LQD are identical-ish
can u change one of them to junk/treasurys, like either HYG/TLT or JNK/TLT, either one
just ignor me if i’m getting too hinky/uppity
all 4 now…………thx for yr hard work .... i've gotta go do some spagetti "farming" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and note for tomorrow :arrow: :geek: :geek:

I believe you mean XLF/SPY. I am having problems with understanding JNK/SPY. It does not act like a Risk-on market indicator, so it is almost always going in the wrong way. It is my understanding the HYG (high grade corporate bond) is a much different animal than than JNK. JNK is way more riskier. I am not counting them in my Risk roll up, but maybe I should. DIA/SPY seems to be interesting also. I noticed during the 08 crash that DIA and SPY became out of synch. During good times they seem to be in synch. Currently they are jumping around. I believe if they are out of synch, continued movement in the prevailing direction is easier because each of them hit their resistance level at different times (out of synch), making it harder for a combined timed DIA and SPY market reversal.

I was looking at your NYUPV volume chart (looks like a flames) Look reliable. I was noticing the long pink section we were having. This seem to be associated with market up as the pink fades away. But it looks like it increased height today. It appeared that the Pink was going to close off yesterday.

The graph below the NYUPV volume chart has direction going level vs the expected up and not all the way into the bounce zone(using microscope); not convincing for a bounce.
Flip that coin.

My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.” [Michael Corleone, The Godfather III]

Dr. X:
HYG is junk bonds, and JNK is junk bonds
LQD is high grade corporate bonds

JNK/SPY is like comparing “risk-on” to “risk-on” and u know we usually like to compare opposites (except for major market indices/spy and etc)

Gotta run :mrgreen:
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.” [Michael Corleone, The Godfather III]

Dr. X:
HYG is junk bonds, and JNK is junk bonds
LQD is high grade corporate bonds

JNK/SPY is like comparing “risk-on” to “risk-on” and u know we usually like to compare opposites (except for major market indices/spy and etc)

Gotta run :mrgreen:

Yes. But they are a little different Dr. Al take a look at: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=LQD&ql=1, http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=HYG+Profile and http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=JNK+Profile. Don't we want to compare everything to SPY, since this our key market? I found the reason why I am getting greens on JNK/ SPY= http://blogs.barrons.com/incomeinvestin ... hoobarrons. Currently, people are going for these higher yeilds over treasures (something is better than nothing -a Risk??). I can count as many of these combos as needed. They don't need to show on the page. It seems to me, we need to know what the world markets are doing, because SPY will follow. We need to know what spy is doing against other major markets. We need to know how Spy is doing against High grade bonds, Low grade bonds, treasures,EURO Bonds? etc. There is money exchange rates. If I compare anything against SPY my program can work faster.
Flip that coin.

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Dr. X:
High yield (junk) bonds are defined by credit quality.
Both HYG and JNK hold 85% of their portfolios in bonds rated BBB/BB/B, and 12-15% of their portfolios are in bonds rated below B …
hence, both are disparagingly referred to as “junk.”
Credit quality breakdown and pie charts here:
http://etfdb.com/etf/JNK/holdings/
http://etfdb.com/etf/HYG/holdings/
Great Barron’s article, thanks
:mrgreen: