Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/13/2012 Live Update

rc1269

Re: 07/13/2012 Live Update

Post by rc1269 »

BullBear52x wrote:Bears would want to see the MACD here below zero, or bulls will take it to da moon.
MACD histo already turned negative yesterday on the underlying index. no big deal...?
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

rc1269 wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:Bears would want to see the MACD here below zero, or bulls will take it to da moon.
MACD histo already turned negative yesterday on the underlying index. no big deal...?
I don't see it that way short term
1.JPG
on SPY the MACD is turning up so that is bullish reversal sign.
2.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

rc1269 wrote:
it's true that crossing up and down could be just noises. May be MACD on hrly needs to be smoothed out a lil bit.
ZimZeb

Post by ZimZeb »

Cobra wrote:If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list here: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks!
If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859, thanks!
With all the traffic here daily, I was shocked that between voting yesterday and (late) today, only 5 other people had voted for Cobra at stockcharts. He really can't make it any easier for us than he does, with the daily opening message that requires all of two clicks: the link and the vote button.
Give King Cobra more stimulus!

Thanks to all here who post such great charts!
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Nervous Nellies not wanting to hold. Can't blame them!
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

ZimZeb wrote:
Cobra wrote:If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list here: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks!
If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859, thanks!
With all the traffic here daily, I was shocked that between voting yesterday and (late) today, only 5 other people had voted for Cobra at stockcharts. He really can't make it any easier for us than he does, with the daily opening message that requires all of two clicks: the link and the vote button.
Give King Cobra more stimulus!

Thanks to all here who post such great charts!
Thanks. But it's not like just 5 votes. Lots of votes 30 days ago would expire today, so kind of reset a little everyday. Also among 6,000 daily visits here, might be only less than 100 are members of stockcharts, others simply cannot vote.

Thanks again, really appreciate your support here. :lol:

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

wayne0708 wrote:
rc1269 wrote:
it's true that crossing up and down could be just noises. May be MACD on hrly needs to be smoothed out a lil bit.
I personally only use MACD HIST as momentum indicator. Never use it as buy or sell signal.

jdow

Post by jdow »

Aapl week close, day. drag on QQQ
Attachments
qqq.png
Last edited by jdow on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

While I know it is not necessary, was there a bit of news today?

If not, since I would guess they know what the public did the day before, it would appear today was the 99th time in a row where they ran the public out. And then they wonder why HFT/Algos grow in percentage of trading.

I have a proprietary oscillator built by a statistician who made a great deal of money with it. I wish I had the rest of the system but I don't know FORTRAN and he can't give it to me as two partners still use it. But I have one oscillator they designed. All day it has been dropping. It's wrong sometimes. But often it tells me that weak money got out to deep pockets. Now that sounds familiar around here.
Last edited by SWalsh on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. I'm relieved as now paid members finally understand my calls recently are most right, only a day earlier which I actually didn't intend to call yesterday "the low was in", I said "there're some chances" because I see it from the chart, I cannot be always right, otherwise I definitely won't be here posting, so I'm glad for today. As for the next Monday, usually after a big range day, the next day tends to be a small range day. As for the short-term, I'll maintain my short-term evil plan. Thank you guys, I'll see you the next Monday.
Attachments
1.png

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Cobra wrote:
wayne0708 wrote:
rc1269 wrote:
I personally only use MACD HIST as momentum indicator. Never use it as buy or sell signal.
I use it as oscillator, just that it's more smoother than the other oscillators. if it oscillated on one direction long enough it it would be good indicator for divergences, that's how I use it.
Last edited by BullBear52x on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

I say market collapse on Monday.

Sure, why not? Have a good weekend...
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

THANK YOU COBRA-SAN AND ALL NICE BOARDIES :mrgreen:
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

BullBear52x wrote:
Cobra wrote:
wayne0708 wrote:
rc1269 wrote:
I use it as oscillator, just that it's more smoother than the other oscillators. if it oscillated on one direction long enough it it would be good indicator for divergences, that's how I use it.
Oscillator basically is momentum indicator. I look for divergence too but don't decide anything on divergence. I just use divergence to confirm my action.

BlackThought

Post by BlackThought »

voted for u cobra
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Thanks guys and gals have a great weekend and BB nice to have you back :)

PS: and special thanks to OUR KING :arrow: COBRA
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

MrMiyagi wrote:I say market collapse on Monday.

Collapse is authorized
Twitter @jackwag0n
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

KeiZai wrote:Thanks guys and gals have a great weekend and BB nice to have you back :)

PS: and special thanks to OUR KING :arrow: COBRA
:D

Thanks Cobra and everyone, have a good weekend.

TA Note: good thing we gone sideways buy low sell high to continue me thinks, bull bars confirmed so far today.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

GABBY JOHNSON IS RIGHT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pus6XF_qh38
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Petsamo wrote:

Collapse is authorized
Roger that