Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/14/2012 Weekend Update

xfradnex

07/14/2012 Weekend Update

Post by xfradnex »

Daily Elders. We had a peak amount of Reds in world market Thursday indicating a bounce the next day. I overruled my indicator because of weak volume (looking for exhaustion), but my data feed volume was reading incorrectly low (yahoo).(missed it). Anyway for monday, patterns indicate next day will be up at high odds (but much smaller up). Risk off indicators are up 4 of 5 from 3 of 5 (added one). Only issue I see, is that there has been too much up on Low volume. GLTA
Attachments
Untitled.png
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
mozart

Re: 07/14/2012 Weekend Update

Post by mozart »

Silver:
Attachments
Chart courtesy of StockCharts.com
Chart courtesy of StockCharts.com
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Institutional accumulation distribution from stocktiming. The chart doesn't reflect the Friday's big up yet.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

AAII and II.
Attachments
II.gif
AAII.gif

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

smart money are covering, still huge net short though.
Attachments
SmartMoney.gif

Harapa

Post by Harapa »

This chart has me worried the most about IT-LT future of the market. Middle chart is SPY:TRIN ratio and bottom is SMA of NYSE TRIN. Both are in agreement for a down move. However, they are not infallible (circled area) like many other indicators. Caution is warranted.
Attachments
SPX_TRIN.png
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

My worry list continue to grow
VXZ/VIX went into sell mode last week.
Attachments
VXZ_VIX.png
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Harapa wrote:My worry list continue to grow
Thanks harapa :mrgreen:
Zoom in tight on your VXZ:$VIX ratio and confirm that you still get her to bear cross.
I don’t see the 10sma/40sma cross yet to bear, I still show no-cross-bull-spy at the moment
?????
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Al_Dente wrote:
Harapa wrote:My worry list continue to grow
Thanks harapa :mrgreen:
Zoom in tight on your VXZ:$VIX ratio and confirm that you still get her to bear cross.
I don’t see the 10sma/40sma cross yet to bear, I still show no-cross-bull-spy at the moment
?????
First these are EMAs.
On Thursday we had a cross down (2.42/2.43). One Friday both EMAs equaled (2.43/2.43). May be a little early in the game, that is why the " worry list"
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

HARAPA
Got it. THANKS VERY MUCH for yr clarification and yr charts

[Off topic]
Current PE ratio of SPX = 15.60
http://www.multpl.com/
for the inflation adjusted “CAPE” ratio click “Schiller PE” on top
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Short term bulls can sleep better in comparison to da bears :D, here's some thing to look at from my corner.
1.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Here’s a curious case for a lower dollar (with charts “shifted” 2-3 years for lag!), complete with caveats about the FEDs “price fixing.”
It’s stale but it’s a longer term view... plus it’s McClellan.... so ....worthy of a glance
http://www.mcoscillator.com/learning_ce ... er_dollar/
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

I look at DBA as inflationary/Deflationary out look. here I see inflation, the metal should follow soon.
1.JPG
bottoming process in the work for gold and silver they just wait for QE3.
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:Here’s a curious case for a lower dollar (with charts “shifted” 2-3 years for lag!), complete with caveats about the FEDs “price fixing.”
It’s stale but it’s a longer term view... plus it’s McClellan.... so ....worthy of a glance
http://www.mcoscillator.com/learning_ce ... er_dollar/
Makes sense. Euro is more stinky than Dollar now so. If everyone climitizes to the smell, dollar will move to match model :mrgreen: :?:
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

My short-term dollar outlook, I am bullish on euro atm
Dollar.png
Bigger dollar chart
DX.png
Euro chart
EURO5.png
Next week bank earnings, if this line will be broken that would be very bullish sign IMO
BKX05.png
I see lot of key charts on major resistance and/or support so I am leaning slightly bullish because I can already smell QE odor :roll:

here is just one of them but you can also check materials etc etc etc
semi.png
Last edited by KeiZai on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Posted this chart on end of june, is playing out as was planned...but now is the key time must break through 40 :geek:
AB1.png
ABC.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

National Average Retail Gasoline Prices
http://screencast.com/t/UaVgNhB5tNZ
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Ritholtz summary, yesterday:

Positives:
1) Yields in Spain and Italy back off from retest of recent highs.
2) China’s retail sales in June rise 13.7% y/o/y, above est of 13.4%.
3) China CPI up 2.2% y/o/y in June, slowest gain since Jan ’10 and PPI drops 2.1%, biggest since Nov ’09.
4) In terms of generating short term growth, Chinese loan growth of 920b yuan in June is more than estimates of 880b and the 2nd most since Jan ’11.
5) Brazil and South Korea cut rates as they’ve given themselves plenty of room by keeping rates ABOVE the rate of inflation unlike other central banks.
6) IP in Euro zone in May unexpectedly rises .6% m/o/m but still down 2.8% y/o/y.
7) US May trade deficit falls almost $2b as exports rise to 2nd highest level ever.
8) With mortgage rates falling to another record low, purchase apps rise 3.3%.
9) UoM one yr inflation expectations fall to lowest since Oct ’10 likely due to continued drop in gasoline prices.
10) June import prices fall 2.7% mostly led by energy.
11) 10 yr note auction off the charts in measurements of demand.

Negatives:
1) China’s economy in Q2 slows to the weakest growth since Q1 ’09.
2) Chinese imports grow just 6.3% in June, about half expectations ...
3) Australia unexpectedly lost jobs in June.
4) Japanese machinery orders in May fall about 15%, much more than est of a 2.6% drop.
5) NFIB small business optimism index not optimistic as it falls to 8 month low.
6) UoM confidence in July falls to 7 month low.
7) Notwithstanding record low in mortgage rates, refi apps fall to 6 week low.
8) PPI unexpectedly rises .1% m/o/m, modest but core rate still up 2.6% y/o/y. Inflation sticky as money printing meets global economic slowdown in battle royale.

[My conclusion: since there are 11 positives and only 8 negatives, then it’s bullish :twisted: :lol: :evil: ]
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

NYSE Short Interest fell by more than 0.5 billion shares, the largest drop since January.
The latest NYSE Short Interest Report: http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2 ... tml#shortD
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

“Equity funds had estimated outflows of $2.84 billion for the week [ending July 3], compared to estimated outflows of $1.11 billion in the previous week. Domestic equity funds had estimated outflows of $3.14 billion, while estimated inflows to world equity funds were $300 million”
[Year to date, $62.6 billion has been withdrawn from domestic equity mutual funds]
http://www.ici.org/research/stats/flows/flows_07_11_12