Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/21/2012 Weekend Update

xfradnex

Re: 07/21/2012 Weekend Update

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:
xfradnex wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:...“Trend Follower.” ...
It looks like Transports are starting to confirm early. So here we are again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn481KcjvMo. :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops:
Thanks Dr. X, on this particular strategy I have to wait for ALL THREE, I can’t front-run just based on the trannies, but this is for INTERMEDIATE AND LONGER term portfolios, not for day traders.
I find these things useful, bcuz people might say one thing to the sentiment pollsters, but these charts (including yr elder ratios and etc) show where and when people are putting their money where their mouth is, either way.
ps thx 4 kenny and all yr other great wknd posts :mrgreen:

Thanks for your work Dr. Al. :)
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
uempel

Post by uempel »

BBFinance:

I try to never wear blinders, I want to confront my model with other ideas. Not to copy, but to evaluate and ditch, preferably ditch the other idea...

I didn't know that Hulbert rated schaeffers badly, interesting. But I do enjoy reading the Monday Morning on Saturday night. And I also enjoy reading the EWI newsletter. I browse through all kinds of weird stuff.

Last but not least: I didn't know that you're in the marketing business too. So is this a pitch of yours - kind of "don't read schaeffers, read me"?

Come on BB, calm down :D
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Week is starting with euro´s gap down
Eopen.png
Eopen.png (10.26 KiB) Viewed 5057 times
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

xfradnex wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
xfradnex wrote:
It looks like Transports are starting to confirm early. ...
...I have to wait for ALL THREE...
thx doctor, luv u 2 :mrgreen:
Here are the aggressive (“risk-on”) sectors Yo-Yo performance percentages, 30 min over 1.5 months
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =263494736

And here is my proprietary Irish indicator: http://screencast.com/t/uRbIjWu2H5YE
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
OverUnder

Post by OverUnder »

Well, that's fairly severe. Looks like we kissed 1.228 goodbye for good.
KeiZai wrote:Week is starting with euro´s gap down
Eopen.png
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:
xfradnex wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
xfradnex wrote:
It looks like Transports are starting to confirm early. ...
...I have to wait for ALL THREE...
thx doctor, luv u 2 :mrgreen:
Here are the aggressive (“risk-on”) sectors Yo-Yo performance percentages, 30 min over 1.5 months
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =263494736

And here is my proprietary Irish indicator: http://screencast.com/t/uRbIjWu2H5YE

I guess housing is risky. :)
Flip that coin.

My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

"Greece's debt inspectors arrive in Athens (Tue) to push for further austerity measures if the debt-laden country wants to qualify for further rescue payments and avoid a chaotic default". See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/fina ... maras.html. Tues looks like a news day for us.
Last edited by xfradnex on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flip that coin.

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

THANKS UEMPEL
I LOVE RENKO and it is ALWAYS kinky over any time frame
Here is the $BPSPX renko I use that I stole from “waverider” last year (and I MISS him)
It uses .20 cent “bricks” and is still bull at the moment….
I also use same on BPOEX, BPCOMPQ, BPNDX, BPFINA and BPGDM with good results. But to be quite frank, I usually follow your expertise on the BPs
ps have a great time :mrgreen:
722wkndrenko.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BBFinance

Post by BBFinance »

uempel wrote:BBFinance:

I try to never wear blinders, I want to confront my model with other ideas. Not to copy, but to evaluate and ditch, preferably ditch the other idea...

I didn't know that Hulbert rated schaeffers badly, interesting. But I do enjoy reading the Monday Morning on Saturday night. And I also enjoy reading the EWI newsletter. I browse through all kinds of weird stuff.

Last but not least: I didn't know that you're in the marketing business too. So is this a pitch of yours - kind of "don't read schaeffers, read me"?

Come on BB, calm down :D
That's funny! Calm down! When did you see me angry? I am just stating facts. I think all of us here read all sorts of wired stiff, you are not alone but obviously you have much more reading to do. I have 1000s of followers in Twitter so I do not have to pitch here.I do not even post any links. So lighten up my friend. I just wanted to point out incorrect information masquerading as facts but now I see that you have come down to personal attack. A little decorum and civility would be very welcome. May be difficult but not impossible. If you do not have substance to add, do not try to dazzle with bulls*it. ;)
Anyway, these all are getting out of context and this is my last post on this subject.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

ClarkW wrote:
Cobra wrote:anyone uses Tapatalk? I just upgraded it. Don't know if it works now or no. :roll:
I just accessed this thread fine. I've never been able to figure out how to comment or add charts using Tapatalk, Richarab does that I believe
Good, thanks. Just back home. Now I'm tied every weekend, have to drive my daughter around to entertain her.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Global ES, at least there's another leg down, could be only in overnight session though so it doesn't necessary mean SPY would be down tomorrow.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
joe-gamma

Post by joe-gamma »

[quote="Al_Dente"]Ok fine I’ll post another charts for u bulls (there are lots of bull signals out there…. U all see them…)
Here is a zoom of the intermediate-to-longer term “Trend Follower.” It DOES NOT LEAD, it just follows [source Gerald Appel years ago].
It just means that the “Trendies” are still in buy mode, since about June 18, and it will flip to sell when the market flips, and not before.
[U know the drill: stockcharts doesn’t give us enough real estate, so u have 2 go to another chart to confirm that yes, the nas is still “bull”]
722wkndappel.png
“…Each time I would discover something … I would go back and … check it so many ways, compare it to every problem that had been done previously
… to see if it would always agree…. until I was absolutely convinced of the truth of the various rules … which I concocted to simplify all the work….”
[Richard Feynman, Nobel acceptance speech, Physics, 1965]

Thank You Al for the great charts this weekend,
and that Pysicist sounds like he was formally schooled in the economics dept!
except their econ discoveries are often foregone conclusions, dressed up to disguise the hasty generalizations...
joe-gamma

Post by joe-gamma »

es futures sunday night, 377 minute bars...no signs of covering ahead of Asia opening but the string of consecutive bear bars is getting a bit long
es 7-21.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

MCD reports b4 the open
Everyone nervous bcuz of what happened to CMG Friday after eps
(MCD is 5.45% of DIA dow proxy)
JTrader

Post by JTrader »

We all know how bearish the AAII survey is... However, something caught my eye this evening. The NAAIM survery is not nearly as bearish. In fact, manager sentiment was quite bullish on Weds when the survey was taken. From a contrarian view, it's bearish and I believe cancels out the AAII numbers.

http://www.naaim.org/news/naaim-survey- ... sentiment/
Attachments
naaim7-18-12.png
Follow my swing trades @ http://www.buysellmodel.com
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Siemens doesn´t look good - most weighted stock in german DAX

weekly chart: stopped right under strong resistance with nice neg.divergence and with RSI at 50 (all together - so far bearish)
Siemens.png
4h chart
Siemens2.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:MCD reports b4 the open
He is something that will make you lose your lunch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16KpquGsIc
Flip that coin.

1der

Post by 1der »

Okay, now this is rare - A PBar on the ES chart. This was what was on my charts today when i opened them 15 min ago. Hmmmmmm.......
Attachments
ES 07 22 12 PBar.jpg
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

xfradnex wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:MCD reports b4 the open
He is something that will make you lose your lunch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16KpquGsIc
They did not give a "Jack" either. :shock: Good reason to worry.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Flip that coin.

xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

1der wrote:Okay, now this is rare - A PBar on the ES chart. This was what was on my charts today when i opened them 15 min ago. Hmmmmmm.......

Time to page Mr. Miyagi or sell, sell, sell...................... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The P- bars is much more right than wrong (don't know if it works on ES), but should not be ignored.
Flip that coin.