Re: 08/03/2012 Live Update

Post by MrMiyagi »

Al_Dente wrote:Thanks mr miyagi for all your P-bar effort
I was just kidding with you about the FB :mrgreen:
You're welcome and I was kidding right back :lol:
usctrojan99

Post by usctrojan99 »

Petsamo wrote:There was a large last buy on SPY, but there was also a 20% larger last sell, a 3.71 million last sell.
748.5 K last sell on IWM.

Means nothing, there was a huge last sell block yesterday, and how did that turn out today?
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:
xfradnex wrote:Dr. Al is that a dome on Cobra's chart. Have a good weekend everyone.
YES
but i don't even believe my own eyes today
i only believe what the King Cobra tells me

ps doctor nice 2 have u here intraday, especially today we needed a doctor in 'da house :mrgreen: GL bud :mrgreen:
Dr Al. You the man. Have a good weekend. :mrgreen:
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
essessme

Post by essessme »

essessme wrote:The previous 2 price Ts were spot on (within one hourly bar). The current (strawberry) Price T projects the high to be Aug 7 1400 Eastern.
Being the third with two successful Ts immediately preceding raises the concern that it is now 'obvious'. Note a larger Price T off the April high is ending Today FWIW 2 charts below...
Seems the larger Price T (2 months down -> 2 months up) has hit the mark to end a triple ZZ wave B...nice weekend all
2012-08-03_132538.png
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

usctrojan99 wrote:
Petsamo wrote:There was a large last buy on SPY, but there was also a 20% larger last sell, a 3.71 million last sell.
748.5 K last sell on IWM.

Means nothing, there was a huge last sell block yesterday, and how did that turn out today?
Thanks Petsamo, I like your reports. It good to know how the big guys are positioning themselves at the end of day. Today was mainly a news day. The sell could be a risk off trade (did not know which way the jobs report was going).
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
agunther

Post by agunther »

Petsamo wrote:
TraderGirl wrote:
Petsamo wrote:
agunther wrote:
Petsamo wrote: I'm using unsettled funds.
Get margin
The fact that I can't sell is not necessarily a bad thing. It may be much higher 3 days from now than a few hours after buying. I have margin on some accounts but I don't use it.
You don't have to use the margin and leverage the account, just gives you additional funds that are "settled" cash funds, so you you have more flexibility in selling when you want rather than waiting for funds to settle.....
Thanks, I know. I'm saying it sometimes might be better to sit on something for a few days, rather than selling right away.
Sometimes it isn't. I held Knight Capital :roll:
gvg

Post by gvg »

MrMiyagi wrote:gvg,

One more note to options, I have noticed that barring huge gaps up or down, if you write a call or a put on monthly expiration day (3rd Friday of each month) on the next month, come Monday there is a nice price adjustment in your favor.
So for example if Friday August 17th you wrote a call for let's say AAPL September and on Monday August 20th the day went ho-hum with no huge up fluctuation, the time decay will hit it nicely like a new car from the lot.
Of course if on the Monday the price drops, then you're grinning like a fool!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Was out and just checking back in. Will follow up on Monday.