Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/11/2012 Weekend Update

johnnywa

Re: 08/11/2012 Weekend Update

Post by johnnywa »

six9ine wrote:All: I have developed a system which interprets and produces the true, actual waves of the market. I've been mapping the market with it for years now and it is spot on accurate. I'm going to do a little project on Twitter and walk my followers through the next wave sequence (it's a nice 5th wave down and should be good for 100 points or so on the S&P500). I follow no one and I use no indicators. All are welcome to join (VirdigoTA@Twitter).

Cobra: really enjoy your work, please follow along...!! This is going to be a very profitable opportunity on the short side...!!
A move down to green dotted line is 20 points,how do you see 100 points
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Ruh rho………check the Offensive/Defense Ratio
Do not panic; I’ll just open up the trend channel a bit (that wedgie was tooo tight; it needed a bounce).
Plus the longer term ratio (second chart below) just shows it attempting to backtest the trendline.
812wkndoffensive.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC4DDkye ... re=related
812wkndoffensivelt.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
TradingJackal

Post by TradingJackal »

On ES, I have been tracking an ending diagonal for a couple of days now and it is just about complete. I have mostly seen Wolfe waves reversing after touching the line. So, both the Wolfe wave and the ED pattern are pointing to the the marked area (1404+). We will see what the Sunday's open brings.
ES 09-12 (5 Min)  8_10_2012.jpg
ES 09-12 (15 Min)  8_10_2012.jpg
Last edited by TradingJackal on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no bulls or bears in the market. Only wolves and sheep.
Twitter @TradingJackal
http://tradingjackal.blogspot.com/
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Update on the Large Cap to SPY Ratio
You’ve seen this before: when investors race into large caps (nervousness) the ratio spikes, then has to relax.
The temporary SPY bottom signal is when the spike peaks at the top AND STARTS DOWN (see green lines).

Conversely, when investors leave the large caps the ratio drops. A temporary SPY top is signaled when the drop reaches a nadir AND STARTS BACK UP
(see the very few red lines), like for example right now.

This ratio doesn’t nail it to the minute, but is has been surprisingly accurate within a day or two timeframe.
But the chart is annoyingly messy and imprecise. I need a better way to quantify it and clean it up, as it has been providing valuable signals.
Any suggestions?
812wkndoexspy.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Aggressive sectors only, one month and fifteen days, % performance

[New stockcharts toy alert: pink dome/arc/U = on the annotations page, hover over the trendline (far left button) and it appears on the drop down]
812aggressive.png
TradingJackal

Post by TradingJackal »

More upside? Here is a possibility. A very short move down to trap the shorts and that becomes squeeze juice.
Attachments
ES 09-12 (60 Min)  8_10_2012.jpg
There are no bulls or bears in the market. Only wolves and sheep.
Twitter @TradingJackal
http://tradingjackal.blogspot.com/
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Seawaves

Post by Seawaves »

"All" expect a dip to buy into or cover with, which may push the market higher afterwards. Check the highlighted area for a history lesson.
Attachments
SPX_daily
SPX_daily
JTrader

Post by JTrader »

I tell ya what, if we get a 100 pt downward move on the SPX sooner than later you'll have a follower for life.

six9ine wrote:All: I have developed a system which interprets and produces the true, actual waves of the market. I've been mapping the market with it for years now and it is spot on accurate. I'm going to do a little project on Twitter and walk my followers through the next wave sequence (it's a nice 5th wave down and should be good for 100 points or so on the S&P500). I follow no one and I use no indicators. All are welcome to join (VirdigoTA@Twitter).

Cobra: really enjoy your work, please follow along...!! This is going to be a very profitable opportunity on the short side...!!
Follow my swing trades @ http://www.buysellmodel.com
joe-gamma

Post by joe-gamma »

Al_Dente wrote:Update on the Large Cap to SPY Ratio
You’ve seen this before: when investors race into large caps (nervousness) the ratio spikes, then has to relax.
The temporary SPY bottom signal is when the spike peaks at the top AND STARTS DOWN (see green lines).

Conversely, when investors leave the large caps the ratio drops. A temporary SPY top is signaled when the drop reaches a nadir AND STARTS BACK UP
(see the very few red lines), like for example right now.

This ratio doesn’t nail it to the minute, but is has been surprisingly accurate within a day or two timeframe.
But the chart is annoyingly messy and imprecise. I need a better way to quantify it and clean it up, as it has been providing valuable signals.
Any suggestions?
The attachment 812wkndoexspy.png is no longer available
WISE AL: don't look imprecise to me! thanks for great charts, got e thinkin a bit longer term, not swing but possibly some measure of hopium (it is waning, used to lift all boats, now mostly only floats the bloated dividend-providers?)....or could be changing into MUST_IUM= "got to meet the benchmark and got to be invested and got to have returns"..here is a longer iwm CHART vs OEX
iwm-oex813.png
joe-gamma

Post by joe-gamma »

here is another view, LT of HYG hiyld versus SPY...possibly a slower way to look at where we should have 401K?..
Thanks for great comments and charts all weekend!
spy-hyg-day813.png
Tutti

Post by Tutti »

I'm a big fan of Zeals work, especially for the PM's.

While Cobra's place is a shorter time framed forum, Zeal did a great article on secular trends and where we are Vs the averages. A worthwhile read for the longer term oriented & thought it was worth sharing:

http://www.zealllc.com/2012/bearloom.htm
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Utilities
Utilities.png
Materials
MATERIALS.png
CVX make or break
CVX.png
BKX in same region as past years around this time
KBW.png
Consumer staples
ConsStaples.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

joe-gamma wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:Update ...Any suggestions?
WISE AL: don't look imprecise to me! thanks for great charts, got e thinkin a bit longer term, not swing but possibly some measure of hopium (it is waning, used to lift all boats, now mostly only floats the bloated dividend-providers?)....or could be changing into MUST_IUM= "got to meet the benchmark and got to be invested and got to have returns"..here is a longer iwm CHART vs OEX
Thanks joe-gamma, nice oex/iwm
It makes me nervous when u call me “wise”.
Instead, If you’d like, you (and only you) could “Call me Ishmael”
http://screencast.com/t/oJvDPb2cVt
Or u could just use my doctoral credentials and call me “DMN”

PAGING HARAPA… links work……. am studying them :shock: thx :D
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Dollar range bound, but after a while will tell what is going on
XX2.png
XX1.png
I am dollar bull btw, especially in USD/CAD pair...Waiting patiently to buy this pair in near future
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Al_Dente wrote: PAGING HARAPA… links work……. am studying them :shock: thx :D
:D
Note back test for 5 min is since Feb 2012, actually first trade occurred on Feb 26, 2012.
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
six9ine

Post by six9ine »

johnnywa wrote:

A move down to green dotted line is 20 points,how do you see 100 points
The 20 points is an expectation for the current wave series we're in (the 4 (ABC) pullback). The 100 points is the larger pullback for the Minor 5 wave (m5) coming up. Seriously, watch/follow me...this is no joke. We need to finish up the current series of waves though to get to the m5.
knock

Post by knock »

wake up guys. AUD low open.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

It appears that the French, Italians, and Spanish will try to hide any QE help so the Germans will not object. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comm ... erkel.html. I will assume that the sign of this type of the hiden intervention will come in the form of lower Bond rates in the affected countries.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Last edited by xfradnex on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.