Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/22/2012 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

08/22/2012 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list here: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks!

If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859

Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, please subscribe my daily newsletter services.

Also personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.

Small gap down along yesterday's low so the gap might be filled.

The Global ES may have formed a small bear flag overnight, so FOR NOW the bias is down. Why "FOR NOW"? Because I need constantly adjust my call as the market unfolds. It's like a guided missile. If I can always call the market right at the first glance and never ever need change thereafter, I shall now be the richest man in the world, right? Obviously I cannot, and so that's why I'm still here every morning. :lol:
Attachments
5.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Re: 08/22/2012 Live Update

Post by Al_Dente »

GM cobra, i'm very glad u r "still here every morning" :mrgreen:

Since the 4 June low, there was only one time when SPY (and $SPX) made a fresh high on a blue elder stick (second panel),
and zero times when the high was preceded the day before by a blue elder stick.
Too small a sampling?
821bluelder.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

But this daily renko likes to catch tops. It might be (MAYBE) saying “we are not quite there yet.”
It is however at a double top. Today/the rest of the week should clarify this either way…. whatever you are expecting… prepare for the opposite……
822dailyrenko.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

If this is a top, it’s a bit rare for it to be a curving SPY top (like a dome) instead of a spike top like usual (SPY is purple).
I don’t know what this means………anyone?
821curvetop.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Finally, if NYMO could just stay above the bolinger centerline (green dashed line), SPY (faded purple) could stay in rally mode (green boxes)… we’ll see…
822nymo.png
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Momentum Block Update:
Overnight action in the currency markets indicates continued weakness (for intraday or swing trade) in the equity markets.
Attachments
Momentum Block.png
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

Al_Dente wrote:But this daily renko likes to catch tops. It might be (MAYBE) saying “we are not quite there yet.”
It is however at a double top. Today/the rest of the week should clarify this either way…. whatever you are expecting… prepare for the opposite……
822dailyrenko.png
How the heck do you keep track of all your charts? Awesome stuff! What the indicators on top of this one?
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Strictly for Intraday:
Vixies are in the bear camp. Of concern is behavior of VXZ (which tracks 4-6 volatility), which is hinting weakness in higher time frames.
Attachments
vix trigger.png
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
Unique

Post by Unique »

Still net short on SPYders, might re-short AAPL today, looks like a consolidation morning first for SPY :(
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the open.
Attachments
1.png

Unique

Post by Unique »

Cobra wrote:the open.
Falling wedge = short term bullish reversal in the works with accompanying oversold RSI...

SPY 60min went from 75 rsi to 38 in one day...lovely (rsi 14 settings)
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
OverUnder

Post by OverUnder »

EU's Juncker says there will be no decision on Greek aid before October. The market was expecting something this week due to various meetings. It's still possible there will be some other action taken on Greek aid this week outside of the realm that he means to refer to, I suppose. Always surprising.
tigerjim

Post by tigerjim »

Al_Dente wrote:Finally, if NYMO could just stay above the bolinger centerline (green dashed line), SPY (faded purple) could stay in rally mode (green boxes)… we’ll see…
822nymo.png
Al,

More amazing charts - what are the very small read, green blue boxes/tick marks on the bottom panel?
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

ClarkW wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:But this daily renko likes to catch tops. It might be (MAYBE) saying “we are not quite there yet.”
822dailyrenko.png
How the heck do you keep track of all your charts? Awesome stuff! What the indicators on top of this one?
CLARK
It is “directional movement” ADX 8, shadowed by ADX 10
TradingJackal

Post by TradingJackal »

Wolfe wave. Touch of blue line? Some early buying but overall a bearish day I recon.
Attachments
es.jpg
There are no bulls or bears in the market. Only wolves and sheep.
Twitter @TradingJackal
http://tradingjackal.blogspot.com/
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

a little resistance here. I still read this is the 1st down leg.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

tigerjim wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:Finally, if NYMO could just stay above the bolinger centerline (green dashed line), SPY (faded purple) could stay in rally mode (green boxes)… we’ll see…
822nymo.png
Al, More amazing charts - what are the very small read, green blue boxes/tick marks on the bottom panel?
NICE TO SEE U HERE TIGER :mrgreen:
Bottom is just the same old $NYMO but done with elder bars
Elders give the little red green blue ticks
Then another $NYMO overlay in “area style” fills it in red/green
Just gives a different view of the same thing
SPY faded behind
The ma behind the bottom panel is 13ma which tells me not much !
GL2U :mrgreen:
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

Al_Dente wrote:
ClarkW wrote:
822dailyrenko.png
CLARK
It is “directional movement” ADX 8, shadowed by ADX 10
Thanks Al
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Line in the sand for ES. Divergences from indicator:old story.
Attachments
es_id.gif
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

generally, a 5 red hourly bars in a row means a rebound. it's not fair to bears I know as generally bulls can have as many green bars as they want. :mrgreen:
Attachments
1.png