Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/23/2012 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

08/23/2012 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list here: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.

Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, please subscribe my daily newsletter services.

Also personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.

Small gap down, within yesterday's range so the gap might be filled.

The Global ES failed the 2nd attempt on the new high overnight, now we need watch the blue line below, bears need break that to have their very first pair of lower high and lower low. Unfortunately even they do finally have the lower high and lower low, the pattern is too small to be any threat to bulls as the text book target is 1390.
Attachments
5.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Re: 08/23/2012 Live Update

Post by Al_Dente »

Good morning

More talk about rebalancing AAPL. Earlier this year when it hit 20%, the nasdaq was quoted as saying that 25% weighting would trigger a rebalance…… but now:

“……..WSJ noted … ‘rebalancing is likely to kick off waves of trading... as money managers scramble to adjust holdings to reflect the new composition of the index.’ Interestingly, AAPL has reached 20% of the index twice this year already - which just happened to coincide with significant selling pressure on the stock - will third time be the charm…”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/aapl-198- ... to+zero%29
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
noob

Post by noob »

Cobra wrote:If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list here: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.

Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, please subscribe my daily newsletter services.

Also personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.

Small gap down, within yesterday's range so the gap might be filled.

The Global ES failed the 2nd attempt on the new high overnight, now we need watch the blue line below, bears need break that to have their very first pair of lower high and lower low. Unfortunately even they do finally have the lower high and lower low, the pattern is too small to be any threat to bulls as the text book target is 1390.
Futures are down due to PMI and Claims miss, but I think the bulls will take that as good sign for the Fed and China to turn on the press.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

“Peter Thiel's decision to sell almost all of his stake in Facebook Inc. (FB) so soon after company's initial public offering has few precedents in Silicon Valley, where venture capitalists typically hold shares longer…”
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook- ... 3.html?l=1
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

Seeking alpha has the top 5 insider buys. I was looking at MCP the other day. I haven't gone into it. REMX is the rare earth metals ETF.
Twitter @jackwag0n
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Momentum Block Update:
Currencies markets are giving mixed signal with the best pair(s) in sell mode.
Futures signal needs to be taken with caution since US markets gave back all overnight gains after ADP report this morning.
Attachments
Momentum Block.png
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

“Hedge funds are betting on a disaster hitting the financial markets within the next several quarters, with managers holding onto historic levels of cash…”
"This is not to say they are net short. They simply want to conserve their buying power and be ready for major opportunity sets that may arise."

http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/08/23/he ... Markets%29
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

noob wrote:Futures are down due to PMI and Claims miss, but I think the bulls will take that as good sign for the Fed and China to turn on the press.
PMI is on the good side of expectations range. Jobless claims is on the bad side, but it's still within expectations.
http://mam.econoday.com/

Europe is down because they got up on the wrong side of their beds. They probably didn't get any last night ...
Twitter @jackwag0n
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

GM,
Swing sell, intraday buy that's the blue print for me today.
Attachments
1.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
OverUnder

Post by OverUnder »

Transports fared much worse than S&P yesterday.
Attachments
djt.JPG
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the open.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

BullBear52x wrote:GM,
Yo StressFree:
So you are out of yr swing long, yes?

ps big gaps silver and gold
heavenskrow

Post by heavenskrow »

still riding TMf for now...
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

Paging Cougar and/or other Harmonic experts. Possible Bullish Gartley forming (not there yet) on $SSEC Weekly.
Attachments
$SSEC Weekly 08.23.14.png
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:GM,
Yo StressFree:
So you are out of yr swing long, yes?
ps big gaps silver and gold
I think his swing long hit stop
Last edited by Harapa on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
rc1269

Post by rc1269 »

I see us on the right should of a H&S in ES. 60 min, 7 day timeframe. Dow broke it already
coralla

Post by coralla »

Cobra, I vote for your charts everyday, and I learn a lot from you. Thanks for your generous sharing with us, you are the best! :lol:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

coralla wrote:Cobra, I vote for your charts everyday, and I learn a lot from you. Thanks for your generous sharing with us, you are the best! :lol:
Thanks. :mrgreen:

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

percentage performance of the majors, last 10 days
823percent.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

nothing to say. bears need decisively break yesterday's low in order to keep the game going on, so wait.
Attachments
1.png