Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/25/2012 Weekend Update

mozart

Re: 08/25/2012 Weekend Update

Post by mozart »

Silver,chart is pretty much what other members posted.
Short positions are declining, people waiting for QE3, hope never dies, bulls probably thinking of the moon,and story goes on.
In previous attempts Silver touched upper line briefly , than sharp pull back, will it break this time????
$32 line will be hard to break.
Have a great weekend guys!!!
Attachments
Chart courtesy of StockCharts.com
Chart courtesy of StockCharts.com
Seawaves

Post by Seawaves »

it's a buy!
Attachments
2012-08-25_spx.png
joe-gamma

Post by joe-gamma »

mozart wrote:Silver,chart is pretty much what other members posted.
Short positions are declining, people waiting for QE3, hope never dies, bulls probably thinking of the moon,and story goes on.
In previous attempts Silver touched upper line briefly , than sharp pull back, will it break this time????
$32 line will be hard to break.
Have a great weekend guys!!!
great chart, here is pF
slv.png
notice that previous spike to $36+ aand immediate hi pole reversal?
slv shorter.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Cobra wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:Stockcharts new toys
They now have the capability to use 10 (ten) symbols on one chart, instead of the old 6 symbols.
Of course it costs an arm/leg for the new “PRO” service…it also includes a bunch of other stuff….
like the longest DOW chart known to man (PRO service gets a LIVE version):
http://blogs.stockcharts.com/.a/6a01053 ... e70970c-pi
[Caveat: this is not a recommendation for “PRO” … I don’t have it yet….i’m pizzzed they are charging extra for 4 additional symbols,
plus other stuff that I will NEVER use]
That Pro idea is outrageous. I thought it were additional features added on the current services so that they can compete with freestockcharts.com. No, it's not, how can they charge more and more while competing with free services?
Cobra: I agree. I sent them a long email this morning. We’ll see how they reply.
(They always reply within 24 hours…….. unless I use cuss words in my email……then, no reply)
EVERYONE knows that you are their “rock star”. Perhaps an email from you will get their attention :mrgreen: (?).
They don't even want to know me. They just want those big names to write things for their blog.
I think we need let this board know, so everyone writes mails to them, maybe they'd pay attention. Judging by daily votes to my public charts list, we might have around 100 stockcharts members.
100 stockcharts subscribers is a lot. That pays for a toupee for Murphy and much much more.
I think u represent many more than that. When I first found your charts four years ago, I recall you had 32,000 or 37,000+ viewers or hits or something.
That’s what got me started watching you. Now they reset the count to make everyone look small, but u are still clearly on top, as everybody knows.
Their blog shite pales in comparison to your work.

This is an edited version of the email I sent to them (via >home >support, scroll down to the yellow box > and send them an email if u wish)
Boardies: DO NOT COPY ANY PORTION OF THIS EMAIL. Use your own words, stating your own issue and etc…

Dear stockcharts:
Your pricing/services matrix is now officially broken.
Why should subscribers pay for services they WILL NEVER use?
Why not try a more efficient “cafeteria style” pricing structure.

For example: can you quote me a decent subscription upgrade price for:
1) exactly what I have now
2) minus any real-time European quotes (as they are incomplete anyway)
3) minus any custom scans, minus any other bells-and-whistles you offer at my level
4) PLUS THE CAPACITY TO ADD 4 EXTRA SYMBOLS TO CHARTS (for 10 symbols instead of 6)
5) minus any custom alerts and other new features which I will not use

If you believe that my adding 4 symbols will burden your servers, you are mistaken.
If I add symbols on my main charts, I will be able to DELETE MANY redundant charts.
Charging an extra arm-and-a-leg simply to add 4 symbols, while NOT using any other fancy features, just upsets subscribers, which isn’t really smart, considering all the free services available elsewhere.

I know you have some old-timers on your staff who remember the old “Quotron” terminals. They went bankrupt when they couldn’t rise to the competition, and they drowned in their own arrogance and hubris.

Thank you for your consideration...

End of rant for the weekend…
Tom Waits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YErXozSH ... re=related
Last edited by Al_Dente on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING PROFESSOR MIYAGI re GDX

Longer term GDX is still in downtrend. I’d like to see a breakout confirmed and a successful back-test of such breakout,
before I commit bull long term, but that’s just me, I like to be late, longer term.
Right now it’s tagging the upper line of the downtrend channel, with either a breakout or breakdown imminent.
Note the yellow zone is the “volume by price” ... low volume in the 40 area, which means a breakdown and test of lows could slice right thru 40,
BUT IT HELD THE LAST TWO TIMES IT WAS IN THAT ZONE this year (green arrows).

You are in good company; most folks believe gold will soon go to a zillion.
All the commodities are breaking out short term (corn, drought, money printing, etc), and gold loves inflation…..
Scroll down to Cobra’s gasoline chart. His bottom panel is TIPS which is an “inflation expectation” vehicle.
It’s been shouting “inflation” since ’09, which means that regardless of what Ben says and CPI still <2%, the markets still anticipate inflation.

Back to the short puts: U are betting on a breakout of a downtrend channel, or a least that a retest of lows will hold.
U may be able to expire worthless, but 40 is your DANGER ZONE for breakdown.
[just my three cents, which, inflation adjusted, is now worth less than a penny]
825wkndgdx.png
Here are the “all commodity” measures, long term:
825wknd.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente wrote:100 stockcharts subscribers is a lot. That pays for a toupee for Murphy and much much more.
I think u represent many more than that. When I first found your charts four years ago, I recall you had 32,000 or 37,000+ viewers or hits or something.
That’s what got me started watching you. Now they reset the count to make everyone look small, but u are still clearly on top, as everybody knows.
Their blog shite pales in comparison to your work.

This is an edited version of the email I sent to them (via >home >support, scroll down to the yellow box > and send them an email if u wish)
DO NOT COPY ANY PORTION OF THIS EMAIL. Use your own words, stating your own issue and etc…

Dear stockcharts:
Your pricing/services matrix is now officially broken.
Why should subscribers pay for services they WILL NEVER use?
Why not try a more efficient “cafeteria style” pricing structure.

For example: can you quote me a decent subscription upgrade price for:
1) exactly what I have now
2) minus any real-time European quotes (as they are incomplete anyway)
3) minus any custom scans, minus any other bells-and-whistles you offer at my level
4) PLUS THE CAPACITY TO ADD 4 EXTRA SYMBOLS TO CHARTS (for 10 symbols instead of 6)
5) minus any custom alerts and other new features which I will not use

If you believe that my adding 4 symbols will burden your servers, you are mistaken.
If I add symbols on my main charts, I will be able to DELETE MANY redundant charts.
Charging an extra arm-and-a-leg simply to add 4 symbols, while NOT using any other fancy features, just upsets subscribers, which isn’t really smart, considering all the free services available elsewhere.

I know you have some old-timers on your staff who remember the old “Quotron” terminals. They went bankrupt when they couldn’t rise to the competition, and they drowned in their own arrogance and hubris.

Thank you for your consideration...

End of rant for the weekend…
Tom Waits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YErXozSH ... re=related
Well, your subtle way would be ignored by them, I bet. :mrgreen:

I'll write a mail to them complaining about pro fee. I actually just need their bigger size support for back test purpose, but I certainly can live without it.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Cobra wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:End of rant for the weekend…
I'll write a mail to them complaining about pro fee. I actually just need their bigger size support for back test purpose, but I certainly can live without it.
Only do whatever is best for you.

On a related note, u should take a cue from the stockcharts “sheisters” and put more content on your subscription site and less content on your free board
(I know that’s heresy, but I’m a subscriber, what do I care? I want YOU to make more money, NOT stockcharts…)
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

$USD
We all know that historically the USDollar moves counter to gold, long term (with exceptions).
This long term chart shows that USD could tag the channel line, then continue up (see green arrow)... or...
825wknd$.png
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

noob wrote:
ClarkW wrote:The Bullish Gartley on daily for GDX worked well but looks to be out of juice. See other times ChiOsc was this high on weekly plus pink trendline providing resistance
A short at close to $50 ish? Looks a bit more upside left.
I'm not short but will look at DUST around $49 (EDIT: IN GDX) or so
Last edited by ClarkW on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

Al_Dente wrote:
Cobra wrote:

On a related note, u should take a cue from the stockcharts “sheisters” and put more content on your subscription site and less content on your free board
(I know that’s heresy, but I’m a subscriber, what do I care? I want YOU to make more money, NOT stockcharts…)
I second that! You give a lot of free info, too much in my opinion. You deserve more
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

ClarkW wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
Cobra wrote:

I second that! You give a lot of free info, too much in my opinion. You deserve more
Thanks. :mrgreen:

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
knock

Post by knock »

ClarkW wrote:POSSIBLE Bullish Gartley forming in China ($SSEC). Might take a month or so to form, if it does, just something to keep in mind. Although my A.D.D. will probably not allow me to remember
to make it amusing yet ironically logical, I am eyeing around 1989.64 as bottom.
pezhead9000

Post by pezhead9000 »

Nasdaq COT Net Open Interest: Dealer, Asset Mgrs, Hedge funds
Attachments
COT-NET-OI-20120825.png
knock

Post by knock »

ClarkW wrote:The Bullish Gartley on daily for GDX worked well but looks to be out of juice. See other times ChiOsc was this high on weekly plus pink trendline providing resistance
GDX pink line may not be accurate. On my tc2000, the trendline was actually poked.
Last edited by knock on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
knock

Post by knock »

I took a note that someone posted USD p-bar to 81.20 on 6/29. Yesterday that target was reached, after 2 months.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Another cool thing “borrowed” from Cobra: If VIX can go down just a smidge, and stay below the top rim of the Cobra channel, SPY should be able to continue up. When VIX moves above the channel, SPY goes a bit bearish…

And the black line on spy is the bb52x line of 5MA, which as an intraday guide to “buy the dips when above that ma….. and sell the rips when below that ma” has been quite a decent line to “tell” what side to be on intraday. At the moment it is on “sell the rip” until the candles flip back up above it…

And the last four times spy sat on the bolinger centerline (neon green dotted line), she pulled back just a bit more before continuing up… we’ll see..

ps a little volume would help too…. either way
826wkndchannel.png
if it's sunday, it's etta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNLspDL3ns
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING TECH FOLKS
“…hardware is becoming the new software…”
“…The rapidly falling cost of building computer-based gadgets has touched off a wave of innovation that is starting to eclipse the software-driven world that came to dominate the Valley in the dot-com boom of the late 1990s…”
“…One of the best examples of that movement is a full-blown $25 computer system the size of a credit card… the computer is known as Raspberry Pi…”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/techn ... PiZ2kvbshw
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Looks like a top may be in on Aussie $, which is bearish equities. May get a bounce now that it is testing bottom of trend channel.
Aussie Yen has also broken Ascending wedge, which is bearish equities. Looking to see if it forms trend channel or just goes into decline.
AUD.jpg
AUD JPY.jpg
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Einhorn, Soros and Paulson
gold holdings

http://www.benzinga.com/etfs/sector-etf ... ed-in-gold
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING AAPL FREAKS ONLY
Here is the official verdict: http://allthingsd.com/20120825/calling- ... dict-form/