Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

10/11/2012 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

10/11/2012 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.

Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.

Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.

I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.

Gap up within yesterday's range, so the gap might be filled.

For Global ES, I read this up leg as just a rebound as it even doesn't touch the Fib 38.2% yet. Given the strength of the rally, I guess this rebound may have legs.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
KeiZai

Re: 10/11/2012 Live Update

Post by KeiZai »

GM fighters

my 2 charts 4 today

DAX
DAX991.png
EURO (1.2980 is my evil level of interest)
EURO-T.png

GL all
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
TraderJoe

Post by TraderJoe »

Good Morning,
I would like the opinion of the 'Board Masters' on this;
I own 50 well in the money Oct. call options on 'S' Sprint.
Today, Softbank offered to buy controling interest (assuming 51%) for 12.81 Billion valuing the stock at 25.62 Billion (per one source).
With 3 Billion shares outstanding, that is $8.54 per share.
In pre-market I saw a high if $6.11 and I saw four 500,000 share purchases around $6 (Either cover shorts or big boys loading up?) and quite a few buy & sell of 250,000 Shares.

Would you hold off and see if it moves up closer to the $8.54 or sell at the $6ish??

Short interest as of 9/28 was 88 Million, but they may be out in pre-market??

My feel, since the offer is there, the price should NOT go down??? I sure would appriciate opinions!!

Thanks in advance for your opinions..
Joe
bap309

Post by bap309 »

I believe the standard rule of thumb is that the price should approximate 90% of the offering price.

Bap309
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

TraderJoe wrote:Good Morning,
Today, Softbank offered to buy controling interest (assuming 51%) for 12.81 Billion valuing the stock at 25.62 Billion (per one source).
In pre-market I saw a high if $6.11 and I saw four 500,000 share purchases around $6 (Either cover shorts or big boys loading up?) and quite a few buy & sell of 250,000 Shares.

Would you hold off and see if it moves up closer to the $8.54 or sell at the $6ish??

My feel, since the offer is there, the price should NOT go down??? I sure would appriciate opinions!!

Joe
The report I read said "advanced talks" so this is a high probability deal. I would not sell any in the early morning. Let the news spread and the stock adjust. Then the arbitrageurs will do their work and bring it to buyout price minus time value.
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Momentum Block Update:
The currencies markets, which in my experience lead the equities, are improving. Since my post of last night 2 out of 3 important currency pairs have moved to buy side while others are inching towards the buy side. This along with an improving US equity futures and European markets is encouraging for the long side, at least for now. You can view the complete table here http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID ... 2037757865
Attachments
Currencies momo.png
Currencies momo.png (3.72 KiB) Viewed 8910 times
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
TraderJoe

Post by TraderJoe »

Out of Bounds wrote:

Joe
The report I read said "advanced talks" so this is a high probability deal. I would not sell any in the early morning. Let the news spread and the stock adjust. Then the arbitrageurs will do their work and bring it to buyout price minus time value.
Thanks, my feelings also. This is my first ever buyout stock..
L_T

Post by L_T »

Joe

Everything I've ever seen says to take the money and run when a buyout offer is made. What happens if they rescind? You hate yourself for not taking the easy money! At least take some profit IMHO. Curious to see what others think.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Joe, if your stake is an important part of your portfolio and the amount is vital to you - you might want to sell, or sell half the position. If the stake is immaterial to you I'd wait and see.

Joe
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

TraderJoe wrote: Thanks, my feelings also. This is my first ever buyout stock..
It's a great feeling. Congrats.
uempel is right. If this is a big stake, take some profit.
Last edited by Out of Bounds on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

Anyone else think we get an all-day rally? Japan, Hang Seng, & India rallied nicely from their gap down.
Twitter @jackwag0n
uempel

Post by uempel »

P&F charts suggest that there is going to be a tradeable bounce at 1430ish :D
1.png
Last edited by uempel on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tabby

Post by Tabby »

How high could Sprint (s) go up today?
TraderJoe

Post by TraderJoe »

I do not have that much in them, I bought $4.50 calls for under .60 each.
Thanks for you opinion.'
Joe
uempel wrote:Joe, if your stake is an important part of your portfolio and the amount is vital to you - you might want to sell, or sell half the position. If the stake is immaterial to you I'd wait and see.

Joe
uempel

Post by uempel »

Petsamo wrote:Anyone else think we get an all-day rally? Japan, Hang Seng, & India rallied nicely from their gap down.
Not sure how long it will last but there sure will be a nice bounce (unless I'm very, very mistaken :o )
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the open.
Attachments
2.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
gappy

Post by gappy »

Joe
Wow. Kudo's! Maybe wait until the market has exhausted this pre-election rebound and take profit leaving only "house" money left and roll over if price maintains. Same problem here, I have 600 VRNG warrants 60% up, and waiting to break the pivot. In S 500 shares this am @ 5.69, but because of a possible debt refinance now and strong brand/ bandwith property, will let it ride into next year. So, depending on your level of pain if things sour, take some of that bird in the hand. Anyways, good luck.
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
Jack12

Post by Jack12 »

Petsamo wrote:Anyone else think we get an all-day rally? Japan, Hang Seng, & India rallied nicely from their gap down.
im looking to short 1448 possible down to yesterdays low, concerned because we have only done 3 waves down we will see at 0.618 retrace. ftse already broke to the upside.
http://jaxdax.blogspot.com/
You must be in it to win it.
skittlesmds

Post by skittlesmds »

Thank You Cobra for your members update. I bought S & P Mini yesterday after the close and am a happy Mississippi man.
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

Nice gap! :D
Cobra wrote:the open.