Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

10/13/2012 Weekend Update

Al_Dente

Re: 10/13/2012 Weekend Update

Post by Al_Dente »

KeiZai wrote:I don´t know but I see very corrective decline in apple should stop no too far from here
APPLE.png
thx boss i like yr purple ma on aapl
i could borrow it with yr permission??
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

Here's a follow up on the $SSEC weekly with a bullish harmonics pattern. I purchased some PGJ (about even right now) a month ago because the correlation between it and $SSEC was the best I could find. And now...OF COURSE FXI has outperformed tremendously this past week. Frustrating
Attachments
$SSEC Weekly 10.14.12.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

ZimZeb wrote:Another weekly installment of "things stolen from Al_Dente."
ds101412ma.png
zim how do u get a chart-within-a-chart on the stockcharts platform??
I also liked yr earlier version with the color blocks of green and red
thx :mrgreen:
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

Thanks for the GOLD posts daytradingES. I'm not trading it but short GDX via DUST. Still holding a little NUGT that I'm in and out as a hedge as I wouldn't be surprise to see it move up beginning of the week. Here's my daily for GDX
Attachments
GDX Daily 10.14.12.png
daytradingES

Post by daytradingES »

In ancient Persia a mathematician had the good fortune to be able to perform a great service for the King.

The king summon the mathematician before him, thanked him and offered him a reward.
"What would you like, gold, rubies?"
-'No Sire. I would like a single grain of rice for the first square of the chessboard, two for the second, 4 for the third and so on for each day until the last square board full at the 64th square.'
"Are you sure that is all?"
- 'Yes Sire'.

The king had the rice delivered each day.
Once the delivery was a million grains for that day the king had the mathematician summoned and decreed he be beheaded for his insolence.

Moral: It's cute to be clever with numbers but don't f**k with the king! 8-)

Q: What day was the mathematician beheaded?
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

daytradingES wrote:In ancient Persia a mathematician had the good fortune to be able to perform a great service for the King.

The king summon the mathematician before him, thanked him and offered him a reward.
-'No Sire. I would like a single grain of rice for the first square of the chessboard, two for the second, 4 for the third and so on for each day until the last square board full at the 64th square.'
- 'Yes Sire'.

Once the delivery was a million grains for that day the king had the mathematician summoned and decreed he be beheaded for his insolence.

:lol:

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
daytradingES

Post by daytradingES »

Seawaves wrote:David Halsey posted a scary chart, but it's hard to believe
http://eminiaddict.com/wp-content/uploa ... sh_001.png
Thanks Seawaves.

When I play the video the sound breaks up. Do you have the same problem at his site?
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Is there an Ichimoku Cloud person in the house?
SPX busted below the cloud for the first time since june
All I know is very very very basic = bust below cloud = bear
Cloudies: please post ‘em if u got ‘em, and include a bit of blabla to help us
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Al_Dente wrote:
KeiZai wrote:I don´t know but I see very corrective decline in apple should stop no too far from here
APPLE.png
thx boss i like yr purple ma on aapl
i could borrow it with yr permission??
Yeah sure bud! EMA100 I am paying attention to apple only when is close to this MA otherwise I am not interested in buying ishares :D

EDIT: if fails at 100 u can put 200 EMA as a next target because so far each time apple failed at 100 went to 200 that´s why I said 590 is my potential next target ;)
EDIT2: btw I didn´t forget about you with RSI stuff etc just I need to sit down one day and try to write it together somehow understandable :lol: Don´t worry I WILL do it! :geek:
Last edited by KeiZai on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Look at the gold and silver folks, I told ya :mrgreen:

watch out!! incoming :lol:
XA.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Ok last chart then I need to go sleep otherwise I will miss again the whole fun in EU session :lol:

treasury bonds 30 y
TB30y.png
I am not saying it is iH&S but who knows

gn
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Al_Dente wrote:Great charts this weekend THANKS TO ALL
Many charts show support. Some charts are so advanced that understanding them is a supreme challenge
Here is a chart for beginners and intermediates and simple country folks like the dente
GL2all
1014wkndsimple.png
"What are we doing here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer.
Yes, in the immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come.” [Samuel Beckett]

Brubeck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs

ps BB52x soooooooo glad u r back
ps DR X nice 2 see u. how are yr elders??
ps zimzeb thanks
etc etc
Took a break. :D Tried the Elders. They are broken (web data issue) :x
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
KaZoom

Post by KaZoom »

daytradingES wrote:In ancient Persia a mathematician had the good fortune to be able to perform a great service for the King.

- 'Yes Sire'.

Well, without using a computer to cheat, I know that 2**10 is about equal to 10**3, so 10**6 (1 million) will be about equal to 2**20 - since 2**1 happened in your story on day 2, I would guess day 21 was the beheading.
xfradnex

Post by xfradnex »

Daily Elders
Attachments
Untitled.png
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
ZimZeb

Post by ZimZeb »

daytradingES wrote:-'No Sire. I would like a single grain of rice for the first square of the chessboard, two for the second, 4 for the third and so on for each day until the last square board full at the 64th square.'
A: Unknown.

There are at least three possible answers.

A1. If the number of grains each day is defined by exponentiation
G(d) = 2 ^ (d-1) , for d>=1
Then beheading occurs on day 21 = 1 + ceiling[log(2,1M)] (ala KaZoom)
A2. If the number of grains each day is defined by the recurrence
G'(d) = G'(d-1) + d - 1, where G'(1) = 1
Then, using Gauss's summation trick, beheading occurs on day 1415 = ceiling[sqrt(2M)]. Or, since there are only 64 squares on a chessboard, no beheading--trick question.
A3. If the number of grains each day is defined using the Fibonacci sequence
G''(d) = d - 1 + F(d)
Then beheading occurs on day 31; log[10, 30 - 1 + F(30) ] < 6

Of course, the above assumes "the delivery was a million grains" means "the delivery was greater than or equal to a million grains" as none of the equations above exactly equal one million for an integer number of days.

How's that for insolent?