Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

10/20/2012 Weekend Update

uempel

Re: 10/20/2012 Weekend Update

Post by uempel »

Funny, all of our comments are quite dubious :lol: :lol: :lol: Nobody knows :roll: Or does some reader know :?: :?: :?: :?:
uempel

Post by uempel »

KeiZai, did you ever read a biography of Jesse Livermore? Most disastrous life. I guess he had a bipolar disorder. Sad to read.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

uempel wrote:Funny, all of our comments are quite dubious :lol: :lol: :lol: Nobody knows :roll: Or does some reader know :?: :?: :?: :?:
they are different in the time frame model.

Short term I am looking at gap.
1.JPG
2.JPG
with a little sentiment we are heading lower from this price point.
4.JPG
mid to longer term using my hourly as a point of entry, it's still sell the rips, no buy here but to take some profit if you follow this model. all and all it depends on a person's choice of time frame.
3.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

KeiZai wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:Hello Weekenders.

Bears can not cerebrate quite yet, it's true all roads lead to Rome, but right now we are still at the beach in Ritta :) my fun on curve
6.JPG
3rd time is a charm?
7.JPG
Dead cat bonce is at hand or gap down to new trading range.
8.JPG
Thanks BB btw look at weekly candles too early to be hyper bearish
Yes, agreed and thank you for your charts (everyone here too) I use RSI (5) on my weekly, we are getting a bounce there at 50 line as expected, but what's not there is MACD hist. bar is still lower than last week's bar, from that view I think we need a solid rebound chart pattern before initiate any long position. well, WDIK? :D
Last edited by BullBear52x on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

uempel wrote:Cobra, my guess: a sentiment poll this weekend would show strong bearish sentiment - most of us are bearish, me too. Why? My favorite medium term indicators are showing weakness. But I feel uncomfortable with short positons just too much bearishness around me.

These two charts suggest that bears still have to prove they are in charge.. :D BPNYA still looks very bullish, BPSPX (not shown) is neutral, and short term SPX does not yet favor the bears, unless we read the three bumps as a H&S
late.png
early.png
After 3 years of brainwash, bears are jittery.

Sentiment poll of this broad always bearish. :mrgreen:

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Chart of the day:

Friday finally put all bearish ink on FXI, since I wasn't here to trade last week, I missed the entry. well will there be a good entry Monday I hope so, Thanks and good luck everyone.
Attachments
1.JPG
gappy

Post by gappy »

Astro.png
For moonies, may you see mucho monies. GLTA!
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

uempel wrote:KeiZai, did you ever read a biography of Jesse Livermore? Most disastrous life. I guess he had a bipolar disorder. Sad to read.

Nope but I will thanks for mentioning his book, trading is not easy today and in old times it must be even harder mainly on the psyche (I can not even imagine to trade without oscillators, macd and lot of helpful stuff what we have now) there are too many gravestones in this market too bad we can not just click on game over and start again :(

In your second comment u absolutely nailed it :D I think nobody knows what´s going on right now :lol: I just think we will get a bounce which will be sold to ?1370? area I think I can post a passage from my friend - trader at JPM what they expect/guess : " we expect a rebound and another crash in the final wave for all the 3 indexes probably near the new elect US president day......the elections day has always been a time of fear and uncertainty for big investors, it is very risky to have open positions in those moments.......The indexes probably will break the line from June/July lows.... for us is a big opportunity "

see u later my friend
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
uempel

Post by uempel »

What the JPM people say makes sense :D As to the Jesse Livermore book: it features partly his trading ideas, partly it's a biography. Very difficult to assess his system and his success: he lost his fortune several times. Thanks to some friends who believed in him he was always able to recapitalize. But it was a gloomy existence. Very dramatic personal life. Book drags you down, nobody would want to switch lives with J.L. Titel: Jesse Livermore "How to Trade in Stocks", with updates and commentary by Richard Smitten ISBN 0-07-146979-6
KeiZai wrote:
uempel wrote:KeiZai, did you ever read a biography of Jesse Livermore? Most disastrous life. I guess he had a bipolar disorder. Sad to read.

Nope but I will thanks for mentioning his book, trading is not easy today and in old times it must be even harder mainly on the psyche (I can not even imagine to trade without oscillators, macd and lot of helpful stuff what we have now) there are too many gravestones in this market too bad we can not just click on game over and start again :(

In your second comment u absolutely nailed it :D I think nobody knows what´s going on right now :lol: I just think we will get a bounce which will be sold to ?1370? area I think I can post a passage from my friend - trader at JPM what they expect/guess : " we expect a rebound and another crash in the final wave for all the 3 indexes probably near the new elect US president day......the elections day has always been a time of fear and uncertainty for big investors, it is very risky to have open positions in those moments.......The indexes probably will break the line from June/July lows.... for us is a big opportunity "

see u later my friend
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Are we done with the bulls?
Let's check with TRIN;TRIN say not yet. :mrgreen:
I would like to see at least two signals from this setup (either trend line breaks or oscillators turning negative). I see none.
(EDIT:correct chart posted)
SPY_TRIN new.png
For future reference, signals from trend lines seem to occur earlier than oscillators. These also tend to be early in signalling a change in trend; sometime way two early.
Last edited by Harapa on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
KENA

Post by KENA »

uempel wrote:Funny, all of our comments are quite dubious :lol: :lol: :lol: Nobody knows :roll: Or does some reader know :?: :?: :?: :?:
HI Uempel..How about the Dow At 12000/12300 by the end of Nov and 11500 by the wnd of Dec.No Joke this could happen if now the next hi is a lower hi then the dn trend begins even though this is an election year..Time will tell so we wait and see how the pieces come together..Ps..Also the lower may have already been put in.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Kena, are you putting your money where your mouth is, are you quite comfortable with your shorts :roll: Most guys I know are very careful at the moment. And check out this poll by Bespoke which I copied 5 minutes ago: 50:50 ain't a good indicator :D
56.png
KENA wrote:
HI Uempel..How about the Dow At 12000/12300 by the end of Nov and 11500 by the wnd of Dec.No Joke this could happen if now the next hi is a lower hi then the dn trend begins even though this is an election year..Time will tell so we wait and see how the pieces come together..Ps..Also the lower may have already been put in.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Are we done with the bulls? - I just found this chart which offers precise information: If SPX drops down to 1417/1420 Monday and doesn't recover fast, the market will continue to slide through the green cloud, first target at 1400ish. My favorite scenario is more bullish. A quick dip down to 1420ish and than a strong recovery into the 1440 area
35.png
Harapa wrote:Are we done with the bulls?
Let's check with TRIN;TRIN say not yet. :mrgreen:
I would like to see at least two signals from this setup (either trend line breaks or oscillators turning negative). I see none.
(EDIT:correct chart posted)
The attachment SPY_TRIN new.png is no longer available
For future reference, trend lines seem to occur earlier than oscillators. These also tend to be early in signalling a change in trend; sometime way two early.
ZimZeb

Post by ZimZeb »

One can only assume the definition's Fibonacci number of thumbs-up must be a sign from the numerological market gods, right?
ds102012h.png
ZimZeb

Post by ZimZeb »

KeiZai wrote:Russell
Nice counts & awesome charts KeiZai. Could you elaborate on why you foresee a triple three off the mid-Sept high in $RUT, or is the inlaid waveform on that chart just for the purposes of the first 2/3 of the pattern?
JTrader

Post by JTrader »

Here are my targets for the next few months...

Follow my swing trades @ http://www.buysellmodel.com
daytradingES

Post by daytradingES »

Paging Al!

update as promised -
NTA
GLTA

Review 3
http://screencast.com/t/1xW7vXnMK1
Attachments
temp1.PNG
temp1.PNG (7.02 KiB) Viewed 5826 times
temp2.png
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
ZimZeb

Post by ZimZeb »

uempel wrote:If SPX drops down to 1417/1420 Monday and doesn't recover fast, the market will continue to slide through the green cloud, first target at 1400ish. My favorite scenario is more bullish. A quick dip down to 1420ish and than a strong recovery into the 1440 area
When I first started watching this analog, I was thinking along the lines of your first idea. If the comparison still has any basis, the strong rebound earlier last week might provide reason for agreement with your favorite scenario.
spx102012fa.png
spx102012fb.png
spx102012fc.png
Jack12

Post by Jack12 »

ZimZeb wrote:
uempel wrote:If SPX drops down to 1417/1420 Monday and doesn't recover fast, the market will continue to slide through the green cloud, first target at 1400ish. My favorite scenario is more bullish. A quick dip down to 1420ish and than a strong recovery into the 1440 area
When I first started watching this analog, I was thinking along the lines of your first idea. If the comparison still has any basis, the strong rebound earlier last week might provide reason for agreement with your favorite scenario.
spx102012fa.png
spx102012fb.png
spx102012fc.png
Also consider that this was a failed head test of the H&S target then is 1380ish if its C and A=C target also 1380ish concern now should be at 1420 if it holds we should see 1550 shortly
http://jaxdax.blogspot.com/
You must be in it to win it.