Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

12/15/2012 Weekend Update

ClarkW

Re: 12/15/2012 Weekend Update

Post by ClarkW »

Al_Dente wrote:
uempel wrote:Al, what you write here confirms what we see in BPNYA versus BPSPX. BPNYA is still showing strength while BPSPX is weakening.
Al_Dente wrote:My bond bolingers flashed a spy-top signal……that would be short term/swing… NOT intraday.
Note how folks are selling off the investment-grade corporates but not the junk yet……usually it’s the other way around… junk is usually the first to go south when folks catch a whiff of a top (they shed the riskiest first). Junk made new highs this week (short squeeze)…. hmmmm… that’s bullish…
[fwiw: bolingers are on default setting…nothing fancy here….also, $UST is eod end of day only]
Hi Uempel
My issue with NYA is that it does not contain aapl. So until aapl stops jerking the market around, I can’t really trust $BPNYA.
ps thanks for updating BPFINA every night, I appreciate it even if I don’t tell u every time :mrgreen:

QUESTION FOR ANYONE:
Now that FCX is a wacky blended-metal play, what is the best equity “pure play” for copper (other than SCCO and the miners JJC and the Canadians) ?? thanks

TWT: awesome stuff thanks :mrgreen: it will take me a while to absorb all of that…
JJC is a copper etf
rpccharts

Post by rpccharts »

WORST GUESS

BEST GUESS

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
TWT

Post by TWT »

ES Globex: If today´s gap is filled but not closed = The correction is over
Attachments
ES 15 MIN 2.png
TraderJoe

Post by TraderJoe »

Hi ZeiZai,
Do you have an update on Nat Gas?? It looks like it's time to either dive or Fly..
I'd sure like your opinion.
Thanks in advance :D :D
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

TraderJoe wrote:Hi ZeiZai,
Do you have an update on Nat Gas?? It looks like it's time to either dive or Fly..
ZeiZai :o -> :shock: -> :lol:

Decline is so far in 3waves (corrective) but I have an odd feeling that bigger trend is still down

Mentioned area around 3.30 is holding but need to bounce hard from here to convince me playing *swing* long side
NG-abc.png
daily
NG-d.png
btw are u still playing ABC with me? looking good ;)

O: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=612&p=84871#p84871
ABC.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
TraderJoe

Post by TraderJoe »

Hi,
If it doesn't bounce GOOD now, do you think it will fill the gap around $2.90??

I sold all of the ABC for a small profit, thanks for your chart on it :D :D :D

KeiZai wrote:
TraderJoe wrote:Hi ZeiZai,
ZeiZai :o -> :shock: -> :lol:

Decline is so far in 3waves (corrective) but I have an odd feeling that bigger trend is still down

Mentioned area around 3.30 is holding but need to bounce hard from here to convince me playing *swing* long side
NG-abc.png
daily
NG-d.png
btw are u still playing ABC with me? looking good ;)

O: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=612&p=84871#p84871
ABC.png
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Thanks homey… and here’s a pair 4 u http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7uiqRCW6I8[/quote]

Hombre try to check CPER or CU

"USCF offers investors a new type of copper ETF with its recent innovation, CPER. Unlike the existing copper products that are exchange-traded notes, CPER is structured as a publicly-traded limited partnership, which eliminates the fund’s exposure to the credit risks inherent in the ETN structures. The fund is designed to capture the performance of a portfolio of copper futures contracts fully collateralized with three-month U.S. Treasury Bills.

Similar to CUPM, CPER uses quantitative measures based on observable market prices at the end of each month to limit is exposure to the negative impacts of contago. Basically, when markets are in backwardation this ETF will pick futures contracts that maximize the potential benefits. When copper futures markets are contangoed, CPER will generally go further down the maturity spectrum to minimize the adverse impact of a “roll yield.”

"CU takes an indirect approach to copper by investing in stocks of companies that are active in the copper mining industry. Because the profitability of these firms depends on the prices of copper, these stocks tend to exhibit a strong correlation to the metal’s spot price. CU’s equity approach allows investors to add copper exposure to their portfolios without having to encounter the drawbacks and nuances of future-based commodity strategies.

Since the portfolio’s underlying securities include companies that are involved in mining other metals, CU uses a modified linear weighting methodology to distribute the fund’s allocations based on each security’s revenue exposure to copper production. In other words, the portfolio of CU will generally include a number of broad-based mining companies whose operations and profitability may focus on gold, silver or other metals."

or companies TCK, SCCO

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Nl4yPzE3U
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

TraderJoe wrote:Hi,
If it doesn't bounce GOOD now, do you think it will fill the gap around $2.90??

I sold all of the ABC for a small profit, thanks for your chart on it :D :D :D
If doesn´t (I think will) next level to watch is 3.150 and if fails there then yes next stop gap fill aka 50%back ;)

uw