Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

12/18/2012 Live Update

BullBear52x

Re: 12/18/2012 Live Update

Post by BullBear52x »

HenryR wrote:Can someone help me with a simple thinkorswim script on how to submit an order based on say 60 minutes chart and 200SMA? So if price trades at or below 200sma on 60 minutes chart it will trigger a buy? TIA.
you can set alert to most of anything as far as TA, but to execute the order over alert, I have never done that.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

I think today is over, I got a buy the next dip beeping. well, have a great one all.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Royal Flush

Post by Royal Flush »

I'm looking for reliable indicators for sell signals on a daily chart. I have marked all the sells that would have resulted in at least 1 red Elder bar. Thanks are in order to Al Dente from whom I stole some of the indicators. Has anyone got any suggestions?
sc.png
skittlesmds

Post by skittlesmds »

ZZZ Hour instead of Power Hour
HenryR

Post by HenryR »

BullBear52x wrote:I think today is over, I got a buy the next dip beeping. well, have a great one all.
thanks, will dig more
uempel

Post by uempel »

HenryR wrote:Can someone help me with a simple thinkorswim script on how to submit an order based on say 60 minutes chart and 200SMA? So if price trades at or below 200sma on 60 minutes chart it will trigger a buy? TIA.
Henry, If you want easy solutions you won't find them in TA :geek:
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Royal Flush wrote:I'm looking for reliable indicators for sell signals on a daily chart. I have marked all the sells that would have resulted in at least 1 red Elder bar. Thanks are in order to Al Dente from whom I stole some of the indicators. Has anyone got any suggestions?
The attachment sc.png is no longer available
Haven't come across anything more reliable than VIXies. Signals on the price chart are produced by lower 6 charts. Judge by yourself :geek:
Attachments
vixies composite.png
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

Try their Trade Architect platform for automatic trading, it's pretty easy to code.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Royal Flush wrote:I'm looking for reliable indicators for sell signals on a daily chart. I have marked all the sells that would have resulted in at least 1 red Elder bar. Thanks are in order to Al Dente from whom I stole some of the indicators. Has anyone got any suggestions?
sc.png
SWEET
Favor:
Could u please make the grid invisible (“grid off”) so we can see the red-vertical-line sell signals better
And repost
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

Snogginhosh Oscillator is turning over. Tells me this move is done. I'm not going to short just because I won't counter the Fed.
SigmaEcho

Post by SigmaEcho »

ABC up?
Attachments
ES 03-13 (Daily)  4-7-2011 - 18-12-2012.jpg
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
HenryR

Post by HenryR »

Out of Bounds wrote:
Try their Trade Architect platform for automatic trading, it's pretty easy to code.
thanks!
Royal Flush

Post by Royal Flush »

Al_Dente wrote:
The attachment sc.png is no longer available
SWEET
Favor:
Could u please make the grid invisible (“grid off”) so we can see the red-vertical-line sell signals better
And repost
Here you go Al :P
scCATV7NU5.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

breakout trend line (or Bull Flag), hope it's real.
Attachments
1.png

Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Here we go again. Another ARMs Sale warning.

I took a few long chips of the table to ring the register but will try to stick with the trend.

I'll be looking for a tactical short against the long in the next 24 hours to honor the ARMs Sale warning.

Strong trends can power through in spite of warning and failure rates do run higher in uptrends.
Stats for back to back warnings are sparse and mixed.
ARMs Sale 121812.jpg
SB73

Post by SB73 »

bulls love to close at the hod. Buying the afternoon dip can be very successful as the close ramps up.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Royal Flush wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
sc.png
SWEET
Favor:
And repost
Here you go Al :P
scCATV7NU5.png
royal I’m going to study it and pm u later, thx :mrgreen:
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today, a very good day for bulls. Tomorrow Wednesday has been up 4 weeks in a row, let's see if bulls can make 5, overall, not bad. Thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.

Before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, it's really important, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png

Royal Flush

Post by Royal Flush »

Harapa wrote:
sc.png
Haven't come across anything more reliable than VIXies. Signals on the price chart are produced by lower 6 charts. Judge by yourself :geek:
The signals do look good Harapa, I presume they are based on a zero line cross on the majority of VIXies :?:
If not, would you please provide your signal rules.