Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

1/1/2013 New Year Holiday Update

Cobra
Site Admin

1/1/2013 New Year Holiday Update

Post by Cobra »

This is just a thread in case someone wants to flood the forum on the very first day of the new year. I wish everyone here have a happy and prosperous new year! :mrgreen:
Attachments
1920_2013 Happy New Year.jpg

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
tkvprasad

Re: 1/1/2013 New Year Holiday Update

Post by tkvprasad »

Thank you Cobra. Wish you happy new year to you and your family.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

algo from stocktiming no oversold yet.
Attachments
1.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Seasonality info from bespoke.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Commodity ETF performance 2012

more here: http://seekingalpha.com/data/commoditie ... body&ifp=0
11commod.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Strategy ETFs Performance 2012

more here: http://seekingalpha.com/data/strategies ... body&ifp=0
etfstrategy.png
tkvprasad

Macy's

Post by tkvprasad »

Cobra -
Can we buy Macy's here ? 4.44% gain on MON with 1.51 relative volume. I guess a break above $41.55 clears the path , but want to wet hands with stop loss below last FRI low ($36.90), and wondering if you can see any holes in chart and issues going long here :D

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Macy's weekly chart
Macy's weekly chart
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: Macy's

Post by Cobra »

tkvprasad wrote:Cobra -
Can we buy Macy's here ? 4.44% gain on MON with 1.51 relative volume. I guess a break above $41.55 clears the path , but want to wet hands with stop loss below last FRI low ($36.90), and wondering if you can see any holes in chart and issues going long here :D

Thanks in advance
I see kind of Ascending Triangle, so not bad, worth a try. Hold it if it can breakout to a new high.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (10.71 KiB) Viewed 11696 times

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- House Majority Leader Eric Cantor told reporters Tuesday that he does not support the Senate-approved fiscal cliff deal. Cantor's defection was the latest and clearest sign that the agreement reached between President Barack Obama and Senate leaders faces an uncertain fate in the House. Alarmed by the Republican opposition, House Democrats have called for a straight up-or-down vote on the measure. House Republicans were talking openly about amending the legislation and sending it back to the Senate for action. This could imperil the measure.

tkvprasad

Post by tkvprasad »

Cobra wrote:WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- House Majority Leader Eric Cantor told reporters Tuesday that he does not support the Senate-approved fiscal cliff deal. Cantor's defection was the latest and clearest sign that the agreement reached between President Barack Obama and Senate leaders faces an uncertain fate in the House. Alarmed by the Republican opposition, House Democrats have called for a straight up-or-down vote on the measure. House Republicans were talking openly about amending the legislation and sending it back to the Senate for action. This could imperil the measure.
from CNN Blog; Tomorrow it will be interesting to watch market reaction on this :up up up... lol; Looks like the Republicans drama only lasted for 4 hrs..

7:02 p.m. ET - CNN's Deirdre Walsh reports the amendment Republicans would add to the fiscal cliff bill includes $300 billion in spending cuts but keeps Senate language on postponing the sequester for two months.

6:49 p.m. – From CNN Senior Congressional Producer Ted Barrett on Capitol Hill: Emerging from a GOP conference meeting, the conservative Louisiana lawmaker said there is a growing "sentiment" among GOP lawmakers to allow the Senate passed-bill to be approved in the House because the consequences are too great at this point not to have a bill pass.

"I think the sentiment is that if we really tried to improve, what really is a bad bill, it probably would just frustrate many people so we may just let it go as it is," he said.

Asked what changed so quickly from the last GOP meeting just a few hours ago, he said, "it's one of those things where an idea pops up that sounds good. But then you think through and you look at all the ramifications and problems. I think for many of us we look back at the payroll tax thing that happened a year ago and see that when you see a bill pass with so many Republicans in the Senate, it would probably have a similar result."

He said he expects the bill to pass later Tuesday or Wednesday morning largely on Democratic votes. He will vote against it.
gappy

Post by gappy »

‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

tkvprasad wrote:
Cobra wrote:WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- House Majority Leader Eric Cantor told reporters Tuesday that he does not support the Senate-approved fiscal cliff deal. Cantor's defection was the latest and clearest sign that the agreement reached between President Barack Obama and Senate leaders faces an uncertain fate in the House. Alarmed by the Republican opposition, House Democrats have called for a straight up-or-down vote on the measure. House Republicans were talking openly about amending the legislation and sending it back to the Senate for action. This could imperil the measure.
from CNN Blog; Tomorrow it will be interesting to watch market reaction on this :up up up... lol; Looks like the Republicans drama only lasted for 4 hrs..

7:02 p.m. ET - CNN's Deirdre Walsh reports the amendment Republicans would add to the fiscal cliff bill includes $300 billion in spending cuts but keeps Senate language on postponing the sequester for two months.

6:49 p.m. – From CNN Senior Congressional Producer Ted Barrett on Capitol Hill: Emerging from a GOP conference meeting, the conservative Louisiana lawmaker said there is a growing "sentiment" among GOP lawmakers to allow the Senate passed-bill to be approved in the House because the consequences are too great at this point not to have a bill pass.

"I think the sentiment is that if we really tried to improve, what really is a bad bill, it probably would just frustrate many people so we may just let it go as it is," he said.

Asked what changed so quickly from the last GOP meeting just a few hours ago, he said, "it's one of those things where an idea pops up that sounds good. But then you think through and you look at all the ramifications and problems. I think for many of us we look back at the payroll tax thing that happened a year ago and see that when you see a bill pass with so many Republicans in the Senate, it would probably have a similar result."

He said he expects the bill to pass later Tuesday or Wednesday morning largely on Democratic votes. He will vote against it.
Thanks, looks like it's just a drama. They have to say something against the bill to show that they did the job.

Xian

Post by Xian »

Cobra wrote:
tkvprasad wrote:

Thanks, looks like it's just a drama. They have to say something against the bill to show that they did the job.
Cobra, how will you play the gap up? I know your close in red stat, but may not apply here. Playing large opening gaps is hard for me.

Thanks for any tips
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Xian wrote:
Cobra wrote:
tkvprasad wrote:

Cobra, how will you play the gap up? I know your close in red stat, but may not apply here. Playing large opening gaps is hard for me.

Thanks for any tips
It depends, normally, I'd chase gap up if it does not fade for say the 1st trading hour. It's a set of strategy based on back test, so really difficult to answer.

Xian

Post by Xian »

Cobra wrote:
Xian wrote:
Cobra wrote:
tkvprasad wrote:

Thanks for any tips
It depends, normally, I'd chase gap up if it does not fade for say the 1st trading hour. It's a set of strategy based on back test, so really difficult to answer.
No prob. Thanks for your help :D
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Indeed ES decline was corrective now my eyes are likely on +-1490
O: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=778&p=111493#p111493
SPX2013.png
In R2K I think p-bar target looks very likely now

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=768&p=110151#p110151
R-p.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Dollar index out of the flag, euro reaction is weird but sooner or later will go to the target before correction imo

download/file.php?id=35454&mode=view
USDx.png
silver squeeze fired but not out of the woods yet
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=777&p=111407#p111407
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)