Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/25/2013 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

01/25/2013 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.

Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.

Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.

I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.

Gap up within yesterday's range, so the gap might be filled.

Key time on Global ES as I see 3 Push Up then the 2nd test of the previous high, so a decisive breakout is needed here. Failure to breakout would mean 2 legged pullback.
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 01/25/2013 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

DAX breakout after bull flag as I said. Looks bullish.
Attachments
1.png

Harapa

Momentum Block

Post by Harapa »

:geek: Momentum Block :geek:
Global Equity Futures: Bullish
Key Currency Pairs: Neutral (2/2 bullish/bearish)
Attachments
dashboard.gif
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Yeah Dax looks good but not too far away from measured move target, euro is reaching big resistance area as well (1.35-1.36) in very overbought conditions so start of the pullback is likely very soon...JM2C
DAX.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
JFR

Post by JFR »

621 am

ES up 3.50

SPY up .51
Attachments
ScreenShot005.jpg
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the open.
Attachments
1.png

Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

challenge yesterday's high, key time.
Attachments
1.png

Wallstreetrader

Post by Wallstreetrader »

Another squeeze, I see possible 1505 to short :)
TWT

Post by TWT »

$NDX: It looks toppish
Attachments
ndx 15 min.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

still fighting the previous high, again, no failure allowed for bulls here. consolidation here is OK, in fact, it's even perfect.
Attachments
1.png

Wallstreetrader

Post by Wallstreetrader »

Today we have europe in command, different that yesterday so I don't believe what we all expecting.
Unique

Post by Unique »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=805&start=240#p115156

My last order for SPXU still not filling, looks like MMs still fucking around so looks like I should cancel limit order and market order when price hits so they don't see the pools
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
Denali92

Post by Denali92 »

By the way - GREAT call on the Global ES yesterday - I think most everyone was thinking lower, while you predicted higher on your Social Trade post - I will admit to be surprised, but respectful of your call..... I know you (like Cobra, myself and so many others....) are looking for that turn down.... so it particularly surprised me when you called for higher in you early day update.

Nicely done!

Any new thoughts on the ES?

-D

TWT wrote:$NDX: It looks toppish
TWT

Post by TWT »

$TLT: The EWP could turn bullish
Attachments
TLT 60 MIN.png
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Neutral.
A personal matter has had me distracted all week. So, Mr. Market has run without me. :(
I am not inclined to chase this at the moment and need to study things over the weekend.
Some day there will be a down day again... I think.... maybe...

My trend and summation index signals remain steadfastly up.
I have seen a handful of statistics suggesting a probable decline get blown through, which is bullish.
Looking around the web last night, I saw a lot of major top calling going on. Mr. Market will probably play with heads and bank accounts.

Yesterday was fascinating. The Street bought Apple at a big mark down (no surprise) and sold a lot of everything else at a big mark up (at least in the morning). Ka Ching!
That suggests to me that Funds feel compelled to stay fully invested chasing performance, which is bullish.
Barring a game changing event, corrections are likely to be bought and new highs are likely to be bought.
The sharks will not be released until every last $ is back in the pool.

The currency markets are also interesting.
While the $ index (UUP) hasn't been doing much, the $ has actually been rising against several currencies and gold and many commodities (oil being big exception).
The issue with the $ index is that the Euro, which is heavily weighted in the index, is rising faster than the $.
Perhaps we are shifting to a stronger $ = strong equity regime, but I have doubts.
Dr. Copper suggests otherwise. So, technically equity bull goes on but suspicion is warranted.

Sorry for the ramble... :roll:
skittlesmds

Post by skittlesmds »

Mr. BachNut wrote:Neutral.
A personal matter has had me distracted all week. So, Mr. Market has run without me. :(
I am not inclined to chase this at the moment and need to study things over the weekend.
Some day there will be a down day again... I think.... maybe...

My trend and summation index signals remain steadfastly up.
I have seen a handful of statistics suggesting a probable decline get blown through, which is bullish.
Looking around the web last night, I saw a lot of major top calling going on. Mr. Market will probably play with heads and bank accounts.

Yesterday was fascinating. The Street bought Apple at a big mark down (no surprise) and sold a lot of everything else at a big mark up (at least in the morning). Ka Ching!
That suggests to me that Funds feel compelled to stay fully invested chasing performance, which is bullish.
Barring a game changing event, corrections are likely to be bought and new highs are likely to be bought.
The sharks will not be released until every last $ is back in the pool.

The currency markets are also interesting.
While the $ index (UUP) hasn't been doing much, the $ has actually been rising against several currencies and gold and many commodities (oil being big exception).
The issue with the $ index is that the Euro, which is heavily weighted in the index, is rising faster than the $.
Perhaps we are shifting to a stronger $ = strong equity regime, but I have doubts.
Dr. Copper suggests otherwise. So, technically equity bull goes on but suspicion is warranted.

Sorry for the ramble... :roll:
I hope everything is better now for you, Mr. Bachnut. I'll take a ramble like that any day of the week.
BigChief

Post by BigChief »

Double top failure for now, added puts, looks like a gap fill down atleast, momentum has divergence to the downside, vix moving higher.