Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/09/2013 Weekend Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 02/09/2013 Weekend Update

Post by Cobra »

Surface Pro might be very successful. Within less than 12 hours, all in Best Buy in Canada were sold out. Might be a good news for MSFT tomorrow. I'll definitely buy one.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

tkvprasad

Post by tkvprasad »

BullBear52x wrote:AMZN, last hope for 50 DMA to hold, sell the rip on this bad boy.
1.JPG
AAPL, Bullish, buy the dip is in the offing. gap back test at 480.5ish a break out from here will be a buy.
2.JPG

Thanks BB; appreciate your charts
Heck

Post by Heck »

Cobra wrote:Surface Pro might be very successful. Within less than 12 hours, all in Best Buy in Canada were sold out. Might be a good news for MSFT tomorrow. I'll definitely buy one.

Market seems to like GOOG Nexus Tablet:

http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/galle ... oog%3Amsft

http://www.google.com/nexus/10/#powerful
kenttown

Post by kenttown »

Cobra wrote:Surface Pro might be very successful. Within less than 12 hours, all in Best Buy in Canada were sold out. Might be a good news for MSFT tomorrow. I'll definitely buy one.
Tried Win8 with new Lenovo laptop and it was so disappointing I had to return it.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Several cycles point to next Monday resp to next week :D Here a green cycle which goes all the way back to the high in 2007 :o
9.png
uempel

Post by uempel »

Cobra, I know why you enjoy clearing your driveway with the snowblower: your neighbor dresses kind of kinky when she frees the driveway in front of her house. I hope she doesn't catch a cold :roll:
10.png
Cobra wrote:
uempel wrote:Nobody here, I guess everybody is fighting the snow. But my bro sent me a nice picture 2 hours ago: no snow on the freeway between Tenn and N Carolina :lol:
The attachment 5.png is no longer available
Long Island Expressway Saturday morning, courtesy nyt
The attachment 6.jpg is no longer available
Freeway near Smokey Mountains, courtesy uempel's bro
I'm glad, finally, my big snowthrower was paid off yesterday, after sitting there with nothing to do for nearly 3 years. :mrgreen: Too bad though, I cannot show off as although my snowthrower still the biggest, but seems lots of neighbors' now are equipped with snowthrower as well. :lol:

And this morning, it's clear, who has snowthrower and who doesn't, as soon as I see neighbor's driveway - without snowthrower, it's almost impossible to shovel the snow on the drive way. Really really heavy snow yesterday.
Royal Flush

Post by Royal Flush »

Tim Knight End-Of-Week video wrapup.
http://slopeofhope.com/
johnnywa

Post by johnnywa »

uempel wrote:Several cycles point to next Monday resp to next week :D Here a green cycle which goes all the way back to the high in 2007 :o
9.png
So if we go up into green cycle prices should go down which would seem to be the case Monday? What does resp mean?
uempel

Post by uempel »

johnnywa wrote:
uempel wrote:Several cycles point to next Monday resp to next week :D Here a green cycle which goes all the way back to the high in 2007 :o
9.png
So if we go up into green cycle prices should go down which would seem to be the case Monday? What does resp mean?
No, the cycle could also mean an acceleration to the upside. Difficult to imagine, but let's not exclude a crazy jump breaking through the 1518/1523 barrier :roll: Another possibility is a sideways move, a very tight trading range which would frustrate both bears and bulls.

And something could happen which would weaken stocks and pull SPX down to 1472 (thinking looming sequestration cuts, thinking Chinese/Japanese tensions, thinking twelve-year old weirdo attacking White House with a home-made drone), but if we look at Harapa's VIXie system or to momentum averages: I don't see any weakness yet.

Resp means "respectively" - the daily cycles point to last Friday/next Monday, but the weekly cycle points to next week
johnnywa

Post by johnnywa »

Thankyou kindly for the explanation
Hubon

Post by Hubon »

Happy New Year :D
Attachments
image.jpg
Hubon

Post by Hubon »

And here is an interesting chart that I have stolen from Arhur Hill
Attachments
image.jpg
uempel

Post by uempel »

Royal Flush wrote:Tim Knight End-Of-Week video wrapup.
http://slopeofhope.com/
Tks, I love the Donald video :lol:
uempel

Post by uempel »

Hubon wrote:And here is an interesting chart that I have stolen from Arhur Hill
Even if this market looks streched - we all know how irrational markets can be.

Bears' problem is that the BPs are still climbing, so is weekly momentum - both are super indicators. No sign of a reversal yet, nada. As long as these indicators don't show weakness the bulls are in control. Here are Friday's BP results: BPNYA +0.30%, BPCOMPQ +0.34%, BPSPX +0.98%, BPNDX +3.80% and BPOEX +2.53% - only BPINDU and BPFINA are flat.

Finally, check out the BPSPX Renko chart - only a break of the lower BB is a sell:
55.png
tkvprasad

Post by tkvprasad »

Cobra-

Wondering if you have latest short interest chart for $SPX or $INDU; The last i have here is from Schaeffers but wondering where the original source is !!!

http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/image ... 4AOE_2.gif
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

tkvprasad wrote:Cobra-

Wondering if you have latest short interest chart for $SPX or $INDU; The last i have here is from Schaeffers but wondering where the original source is !!!

http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/image ... 4AOE_2.gif
Sorry, I don't have. Short interest chart is updated monthly or even quarterly if I remember correctly, so your one might already be the latest.

Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Bottom indicators are derived from ECRI's WLIg (a measure of economic condition), price/yield of various interest bearing instruments (to measure credit availability and appetite for risk), and SPX price (price is the king). A reading above zero is considered favorable for the equity market and below zero unfavorable. Currently all indicators are above zero. This for sure looks like a healthy bull market. :geek: :ugeek: :geek:
CAUTION: This type of analysis is of no use to predict short term gyrations in the market.
Attachments
Long Term View.png
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

This is what I see everyday.

bear.jpg
uempel wrote:Cobra, I know why you enjoy clearing your driveway with the snowblower: your neighbor dresses kind of kinky when she frees the driveway in front of her house. I hope she doesn't catch a cold :roll:
The attachment 10.png is no longer available
Cobra wrote:
uempel wrote:Nobody here, I guess everybody is fighting the snow. But my bro sent me a nice picture 2 hours ago: no snow on the freeway between Tenn and N Carolina :lol:
The attachment 5.png is no longer available
Long Island Expressway Saturday morning, courtesy nyt
The attachment 6.jpg is no longer available
Freeway near Smokey Mountains, courtesy uempel's bro
I'm glad, finally, my big snowthrower was paid off yesterday, after sitting there with nothing to do for nearly 3 years. :mrgreen: Too bad though, I cannot show off as although my snowthrower still the biggest, but seems lots of neighbors' now are equipped with snowthrower as well. :lol:

And this morning, it's clear, who has snowthrower and who doesn't, as soon as I see neighbor's driveway - without snowthrower, it's almost impossible to shovel the snow on the drive way. Really really heavy snow yesterday.

tkvprasad

IWM Open Interest

Post by tkvprasad »

Stole from RyanDetrick :D :D :D :D :D :D

he says, $IWM put OI is 473k, near a 52-week high - just 6k below Sept. Wasn't the best time to be bullish.
Attachments
original_11981302.jpg